The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Made by machines
Old 16th July 2017
Here for the gear

Made by machines

Hi!
There was a link in a colundi forum to a track (Cant remember the name, had a picture of satellite dishes) which was composed by a machine, not a person. It was better than I would have imagined, even somewhat expressive. What are your thoughts on machines making music for us?
Old 19th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

I think there is huge potential there; it's a very good and interesting way forward. I'm quite interested in Artificial Intelligence.

At first it could provide really good new tools for making music; not necessarily an AI making the whole track for you, but assisting you to make a track, doing separate smaller tasks, giving you different ideas to choose from - ideas that you wouldn't have come up with in a thousand years, experimenting through randomness, making things quick, putting you more into the back seat, so you can sit back and select the desired ideas, having free agents exploring the possibilities. Eventually we might get AI doing whole tracks - I mean we have that now, but I'm thinking of new kind of music we can't even imagine yet.

How do we get AI to connect to colundi?
Old 22nd July 2017
Here for the gear

I can give you his information in private message to help you connect things together. Thank you.
Old 22nd July 2017
Here for the gear

Thats the great thing about Colundi music, the networking and cooperation makes these things possible. Community, communication, and teamwork can achieve more than the individual. An exciting future blending art, technology, and people!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search