The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Whats your advise for people getting intrested on using the sequence (Colundi)?
Old 15th July 2017
Here for the gear

Whats your advise for people getting intrested on using the sequence (Colundi)?

Hi Aleksi, Hope you're doing well!
Old 16th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

Advice?

Get started and enjoy the ride!

Be open to things that will happen and things that you'll feel.

Most of the frequencies are out now, the guys at colundi.net have a list up I think, that's a good starting point. They are being careful not to publish all 128 frequencies because it's so powerful.

Everyone I've met who makes colundi music says the same thing, as soon as they started colundi took over the process. Same thing happened to me.
Old 16th July 2017
hello and welcome to the forum,

the above sounds great, but i was hoping for a more specific answer on this subject - would like to know with what software can i utilize colundi frequencies in a musical context. as in specifically?

you mentioned on the other topic, that you don't use synths. so what do you use then, to create/generate sound and play melodies chords i hear in your recent tracks,,, daw synths, puredata, custom software, tuning tables in kontakt or ?

i presume its sequenced in a daw in final stage.

thanks

best
tom
Old 19th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

I would like to give you good advice instead of bad advice. My method isn't necessarily advisable. My way of doing it is sampling individual sounds at colundi frequencies and then using the sampler as a synth. I know some people are using Scala, but I'm not familiar with that. Problem with most DAWs is that you can apply different tuning scales in a way that all octaves are still the same. With colundi, all octaves are different.

So all you need is a way of programming the tuning of all 128 midi keys separately.

How would you do it?
Old 20th July 2017
Here for the gear

For me I was solely using generated sine waves and 'colundi circle waves' loaded to sampler, then colundi gave me an idea...

I made an FM synth in Max which uses circle waves to modulate sine waves, each key must be assigned a frequency defined by the user. Has 3 modulators which can be a ratio of the carrier or defined by frequency. I don't have all 128 colundi freqs, but are using those from colundi.net and some of my own.

Results are great, would be nice to have its own custom controller.
Old 20th July 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by colundicolleague View Post
My way of doing it is sampling individual sounds at colundi frequencies and then using the sampler as a synth.
This is a great method, will try it. I tried Scala but for me it is quite pointless to try to play those tunings on a typical keyboard controller. My mind always expects to hear the typical intervals when I press the keys so it just gets confusing.

I use Push2 and I can map each sample to one of 64 pads so maybe this will be the way to try out this magical tuning.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 21st July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by colundicolleague View Post
How would you do it?
I made this today based on the 39 freqs listed here: data | colundi while stuck in a cabin on the coast of Norway: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0klzjjb14x...freqs.adg?dl=0

It's a Drum Rack preset for Ableton with an instance of Operator in every cell set to a fixed frequency. Had to use a Frequency Shifter on the frequencies with decimals. There's also a few Macros there to control ADR, Waveform, osc feedback etc. Easily expandable too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search