The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Musical Journey
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

Musical Journey

To begin, let me say I think your music is some of the most beautiful and interesting on the planet! I’m a huge fan of microtonality—so much so that I often forget it can sound “strange” to others. lol It sounds perfectly normal to me.

I’m curious to know more about the kind of music you listen(ed) to which led you to the place where you are now, beginning with your roots in classical piano. I’m particularly interested in the trajectory as it relates to the discovery and use of microtonal scales, but I’d enjoy hearing anything you’d like to share about your musical journey. Thank you!
Old 16th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

I know what you mean; colundi sounds perfectly normal to me now.

Like most people I grew up in the 12TET-world, I made music in 12TET for 20 years, then spent 5 years experimenting with other tuning systems, and then finally was introduced to colundi in 2013. I guess the timing was perfect for me and those 5 years of tuning experiments prior to colundi helped a lot.

I just realised it makes my head 'hurt' a little when I think about 12TET.

I'm trying to forget about what I've learned about music in the past. I'm not good with music theory, that helps a lot - less stuff I need to forget!

I hardly listen to any music anymore. Silence is golden.

Also, I'm a colundi purist, a colundi guinea pig, and an addict. When I listen to something it better be colundi! I'm so immersed in it there is no going back.

I'd love to see the day when you turn on the radio and you could hear music based on the colundi frequencies. I wish more people were making colundi music!

I feel that colundi might save us all in the overwhelming exponential growth of technology.
Old 16th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by colundicolleague View Post

I feel that colundi might save us all in the overwhelming exponential growth of technology.
Do you mean that we all should follow our feelings more?

The dancefloor seems a perfect place to do that.

(above mix I really like, sadly the sound is from a mic, if you have this file please post? )
Old 17th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by colundicolleague View Post
Hi ALeksi,

Thank you for your music along the years and specially for the Colundi Sequence music you have done so far.

I am a sound engineer and have been studying acoustics and physics of sound for quite a while now as well as experimenting with them.

Colundi frequencies and their properties fascinate me as they are special, magical. The whole idea of integrating sound and it's properties to a lifestyle including geo engineering is just fantastic and it really has captivated me.

How can colundi Frequencies and compositions help us progress to a more aware, educated-spiritual-evolved- existence ?

I am really interested in this because, as a sound engineer, I sometimes witness the power of music before my very eyes, when the musicians-sound-acoustics-audience all become one and connect beyond what we can see. I am sure many have experienced this at least once in their lives.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search