The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is your current production process?
Old 13th July 2017
Here for the gear

What is your current production process?

Hi Aleksi,

I'm a huge fan of yours from California, USA since about 2000, and have seen you perform twice. I have your entire discography, and think that your Colundi releases are the best music you have ever made. Thank you so much for what you've given us!

Can you please tell us about your production techniques during for your Colundi Levels 1-16? What specific gear do you use that allows you not only to produce music using interesting scales, but a huge amount of it as well? Do you primarily use hardware / software / both? As a bonus, how did you learn to streamline such a unique approach to electronic music?

Thank you for all your great music!

Pablo

P.S. If you're a nostalgic kind of person, I've included a picture I took when Rephlex visited Los Angeles in 2002.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your current production process?-unnamed.jpg  
Old 16th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

Thanks for the picture.

My method is very simple. I've been using the same kit for 17 years now, that makes it quick for me; I don't have to think about it.

More importantly, it is all about letting colundi make the music. To step back and understand that I'm only a vessel, just a cog in the machine, when there are these massive, huge things happening around us and within us we couldn't possibly comprehend. I cannot find any words to describe it...

Making colundi 1-16 was like witnessing it happening more than anything else. At the time I was so busy with my life I wouldn't have had any time to do it in the first place! I didn't do it, colundi did and it was already there.

Colundi is timeless.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search