The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Industry Trends?
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Guru

Smile New Industry Trends?

Hey Tony.

It's obviously an honor for us to have you here at Gearslutz,
so thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods!

You've made so many kickass recordings that have helped shape modern pop music...

I'm just wondering what new important trends and opportunities you're seeing
in the industry - in terms of revenue streams for techies, as well as artists and producers?

I know it's always challanging to make a buck and find a niche in the industry,
...and I'm sure you have observed trend changes in production, engineering, and distribution!

Cheers, and thanks for any input!

Joseph Briggs - Producer, Composer
Wired Planet Music, LLC
Wired Planet - Buddha

Old 9th March 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye View Post

Hey Tony.

It's obviously an honor for us to have you here at Gearslutz,
so thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods!

You've made so many kickass recordings that have helped shape modern pop music...

I'm just wondering what new important trends and opportunities you're seeing
in the industry - in terms of revenue streams for techies, as well as artists and producers?

I know it's always challanging to make a buck and find a niche in the industry,
...and I'm sure you have observed trend changes in production, engineering, and distribution!

Cheers, and thanks for any input!

Joseph Briggs - Producer, Composer
Wired Planet Music, LLC
Wired Planet - Buddha

Well... I think there's lots of trends but non have materialized to show they're going to monetize the business the previous way. TV and film placement have become major players in the promotion and launch of artists; making the breaking of acts broader but somewhat convoluted to maneuver. The music supervisors for those outlets have become the filters for placement, adding another layer to the already difficult release process.

Social networks are still developing, but could turn out to be the 'radio stations' of this millennium. Branding themselves as 'pop' or 'youth' oriented. When we start seeing genre specific networks then maybe a door will open.

It is clear that the old way of radio formatting and pre-programmed 'canned' playlists are giving way to the users choice and viral phenomena of say You Tube. Giving us hope that listeners will again be the ultimate filter for music and artists acceptance.

make sense?
t
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search