The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Latency .. how are you dealing with it in your headphones mixes Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Latency .. how are you dealing with it in your headphones mixes

hi, Latency .. how are you dealing with it in your headphones mixes if you are going through the apollo's then the SSL ???
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

thank you Fab, i heard you say 32 sample Buffer on the Apollo .. cheers john
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

hi, i do the same thing with my Lynx System !!! 32 samples !!!
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

In this scenario, they're running cue mixes from ProTools/SSL Console. For this, a short buffer is needed - 32 in this case. By doing headphone mixes in Apollo's Console, the buffer in the DAW doesn't matter, so you're free to make the buffer whatever you want. Headphone mixes in the Apollo Console are always low latency.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhifikit View Post
In this scenario, they're running cue mixes from ProTools/SSL Console. For this, a short buffer is needed - 32 in this case. By doing headphone mixes in Apollo's Console, the buffer in the DAW doesn't matter, so you're free to make the buffer whatever you want. Headphone mixes in the Apollo Console are always low latency.
hi scott, thx for the info ... i have worked on my buddies Apollo's !!! yes, works really nice !!! i have never had complaints from any musicians !!!

good job !! i had your first plugins UA LA2A and 1176 - pre UAD .. !!! and your hardware as well, of course !!

cheers john
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
Here's my solution for this problem

I have a small mixer next to the artist, and I send the track from the computer out into the mixer, and the artist plugs their headphones into the mixer. I set up the microphones that will be used for the recording, and their signal gets sent to the daw, but is not part of the headphone mix the artist receives. I also set up another microphone right beside the main recording mic, and it gets plugged into another channel on the mixer. This way, the artist can control the volume of themselves, the volume of the mix, and they have a master headphone volume as well, so they are in complete control to adjust their headphone mix the way they like it. Best part of all, they hear themselves with absolute zero latency.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search