The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Carving Eq's
Old 6th July 2017
Here for the gear

Carving Eq's

Hi Joel, Thanks for your time! I have noticed that I have often left in too much low end/low mids on individual instruments which may have clouded up some of my old mixes. Do you carve out eq on a lot of the tracks you record/mix? Thanks,
David
Old 7th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danders1 View Post
Hi Joel, Thanks for your time! I have noticed that I have often left in too much low end/low mids on individual instruments which may have clouded up some of my old mixes. Do you carve out eq on a lot of the tracks you record/mix? Thanks,
David
Every single source is different. Sometimes I wind up with an inside kick mic high passed at like 300hz because I don't like the relationship to the outside Nic but the low end is better on the outside and I want the snap from the inside -- so at 50hz I just really have one mic happening and that can bring the whole thing into focus and then get the speed and impact of the inside mic where it really matters like 250-4K (ish) and then use that fader instead of EQ to get the snap right in a dense rock mix.
Old 10th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelHamilton_ View Post
Every single source is different. Sometimes I wind up with an inside kick mic high passed at like 300hz because I don't like the relationship to the outside Nic but the low end is better on the outside and I want the snap from the inside -- so at 50hz I just really have one mic happening and that can bring the whole thing into focus and then get the speed and impact of the inside mic where it really matters like 250-4K (ish) and then use that fader instead of EQ to get the snap right in a dense rock mix.
Thanks so much! Some good info there!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search