The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to tune and corect vocals
Old 3rd July 2017
Here for the gear

how to tune and corect vocals

Hi! What would you say would be the best way to tune and correct the vocals when you mix? do you use melodyne and auto tune? or how do you do it?

thank you!

Andres
Old 27th July 2017
Gear Head

Record a singer who can sing /who can give a useable performance after a few takes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I use Melodyne editor, which is a MUCH CHEAPER stripped down basic version of the program. It allows me to do everything I need to do, although pitch correcting in general can often be very tedious. Depending on your DAW, some come with excellent built-in tuners, Ableton being one of them. I tend to do all my vocal editing right on Ableton, with one button. Some would say that tuning vocals that way could warble or degrade the audio file, but I'm sure Melodyne and Antares are doing a similar thing. If you want full hands on, extremely microscopic control I would go with either Antares or Melodyne. Some would say Antares leads the pack, but I like what I can do in Melodyne with distorting and warping chopped vocals and incorporating them as instruments in my beats. A good example is Skrillex who works primarily in Melodyne to get those wobble vocal chops, while Antares seems to be more focused on over all auto correction and not the crazy stuff.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search