The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Our goal in developing these plug-ins has been to provide you with versatile compressors that offer detailed control and an exceptionally musical sound. PSP oldTimer plug-ins are not based on any specific hardware, rather they are inspired by vintage circuits and we designed them to emulate our favorite characteristics of such compressors. PSP oldTimerME version of this compressor combines advanced features such as the option to process left, right, mid or side channel exclusively while being very simple to set up - which makes it hard to go wrong! In case of PSP oldTimer our goal was to provide a simple compressor that offers an exceptionally musical sound while requiring a minimum of tweaking. PSP oldTimer is so simple and so easy to use, that it's difficult to make it sound bad even at extreme settings! These compressors offer soft and smooth compression in most applications, however they may slightly color the sound with their tube emulation on transients when heavily driven internally by high compression values.

Discussions

PSP Oldtimer

It has a bad distorted sound at some settings with light compression (with valve and also clear mode). Sounds more as a bug with their transfer curve and the added distortion as a feature. Unusable. Here a audio example: first seconds dry then with the PSP oldtimer: PSP Oldtimer (mp3) ... and here the settings

View Post

SPL IRON mastering compressor by Brainworx

I just picked up 6 PSP plugs over the holiday and canceled my Slate and Kush subs. Their stuff holds up so well and is severely underrated. Mixpressor is shockingly good and Old Timer is one of the best soft comps I’ve ever used.

View Post

PSP Audioware introduces Twin-L dual algorithm classic limiter

Actually, a lot of our current plug-ins are zero latency: PSP oldTimer (&PSP oldTimer ME) PSP FETpressor PSP BussPressor PSP Twin-L Lexicon PSP42 PSP 85 PSP 608 MD PSP stompDelay PSP stompFilter PSP HertzRider PSP StereoPack bundle PSP TripleMeter Antoni PSPaudioware.com - high quality audio processors and effects plug-ins in AudioUnit, RTAS, AAX and VST format for Mac and PC

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?