The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

PSI Audio - Precision Sound Imaging | High End Swiss Monitors The ultimate in nearfield monitoring, the A17 delivers analytical detail and an extremely smooth top end, hear what you've been missing! A classic near-field precision monitor, the A17-M is the ideal entry model to the PSI Audio range. Perfectly suited for surround sound and near-field applications, the A17-M is ideal for studio application where the ultimate in precision is required. Its compact form incorporates the full range of PSI Audio’s outstanding technologies. The powerful bi-amplified output features the unique “AOI” output stages, while the active crossover, with integrated “CPR”, delivers unprecedented impulse behavior – with excellent stereo imaging. The crossover is also optimized for maximum phase coherence, projecting a wide horizontal and vertical ideal listening area. Designed to work in harmony with the full range of A series monitors the A17-M also makes ideal rear speakers in a surround sound setup, or can be developed in to a more powerful system by adding the A225-M sub – thus protecting your investment. “Performance far higher than similarly sized monitors, tonally extremely accurate and neutral. Highly recommended for serious high-end applications” – Hugh Robjohns from Sound on Sound, UK PSI Audio A17-M Features ALL PSI Monitors come with a 5 Year Warranty Very broad bandwidth in a compact cabinet Flat frequency response Optimised directivity by phase coherency Optional metal bracket Protection circuits with overload indicator Real balanced input Designed for stereo and multichannel monitoring Magnetically shielded for use close to video monitors AOI Technology ALG Technology CPR Technology PSC Technology PSI Audio A17-M*Specifications Continuous Max [email protected]: 103 dB (single) Input Overload: 24 Vpp Program Max [email protected]: 114 dB (pair) Response at -6dB: 43 - 23000 Hz Tolerances: ±2.5 dB (50Hz - 20kHz) Distortion THD less than 1.5% (100Hz-12kHz) Phase tolerances: ±45° (180Hz - 20kHz) Dispersion (P.N. 4 - 16 kHz) at -6 dB 90° x 90° (H x V) System 2 Way(s) Crossover frequency 3.0 kHz Woofer's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm 6.9 Inches Tweeter's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm 1 Inch Connectors 1 x XLR F / 3P Signal input 1=GND, 2=(+), 3=(-) Material: MDF Dimensions W x H x D: 7.9 x 12.6 x 9 Inches Gross / Net Weight 18.5 Pounds Voltage 115/230V (50-60Hz)

Discussions

PSI monitors

...ft. (W) x 9 ft. (H) and the room has basic acoustic treatment. What do you guys think? Would the A17-M be a better choice for this room?

View Post

If you haven't ever done a monitor shoot out in your own room...

...suffice is to say that I ended up with 4 sets of monitors in for testing: Unity Audio Rocks, PSI A17, Geithain RL 906 and PMC 226. Now I've worked in a number of different rooms in my time on a wide range of monitors. I'm happier with my ATCs in my new...

View Post

PSI A17-M vs Neumann KH 310

I have A17, A25 and two A225 subs. I've picked them up myself at the PSI factory. To quote their CEO Roger in regards to pads and stuff: "Just use any rubber feet you can buy at any do it yourself / home depot store.". ;)

View Post