The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reason 11 Not Showing in Logic Pro X
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Reason 11 Not Showing in Logic Pro X

Just installed Reason 11 on a 16” MBP running Catalina. I turned on ReWire under Logic’s Preferences, and always open Logic first. When I create an aux or midi track in Logic, Reason simply isn’t there. (Also, I no longer see “Slave Mode,” as I did in Reason 6, if I remember correctly.)

Many thanks!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Sorry to tell you this but Rewire has been discontinued with Reason 11. You'll need to either use Reason 11 by itself or wait for the AU rack version coming out soon so you can at least run the rack inside of Logic. There is a beta signup on the Reason 11 website for testing the AU version if you want to give that a try.

Here's a quote right from the Reason 11 FAQ page:

"Can you ReWire Reason 11 with other DAW hosts?

No, ReWire has been discontinued in Reason 11. If you have projects that use ReWire, you can keep your previous version of Reason installed alongside Reason 11. Otherwise, we suggest that you use Reason Rack Plugin instead"
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for all the info!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprshkr386 View Post
Just installed Reason 11 on a 16” MBP running Catalina. I turned on ReWire under Logic’s Preferences, and always open Logic first. When I create an aux or midi track in Logic, Reason simply isn’t there. (Also, I no longer see “Slave Mode,” as I did in Reason 6, if I remember correctly.)

Many thanks!!!
Today we're releasing Reason 11.1. which brings Catalina compatibility AND the AU version of Reason Rack Plugin. Since you already own Reason 11, just launch the standalone DAW and click to auto-update to 11.1 and then you'll be able to use Reason Rack Plugin in Logic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search