The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to use Reason 11 as a VST plugin in Logic Pro X?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How to use Reason 11 as a VST plugin in Logic Pro X?

Hello. I'm trying to use Reason 11 as a VST plugin in Logic Pro X but it doesn't show up in Logic as a VST to choose.
I've tried Googling but I keep finding a zillion websites talking about how Reason 11 will work as a VST plugin , but none talking about HOW to do it. Can someone help me?
Thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X uses AU so you'll have to wait until Reason Studios releases the AU version. There is a signup link on the Reason 11 webpage to be notified when they do release the AU version. Until that happens maybe you could develop your Reason Rack sounds in Reason 11 then render them out and drag them over to Logic if you prefer arranging in Logic. Or buy Reaper for $60 and have a blast with Reason Rack right now outside of Reason 11 as well as learning an awesome DAW at the same time. : )
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMasters View Post
Logic Pro X uses AU so you'll have to wait until Reason Studios releases the AU version. There is a signup link on the Reason 11 webpage to be notified when they do release the AU version. Until that happens maybe you could develop your Reason Rack sounds in Reason 11 then render them out and drag them over to Logic if you prefer arranging in Logic. Or buy Reaper for $60 and have a blast with Reason Rack right now outside of Reason 11 as well as learning an awesome DAW at the same time. : )
Thanks for your answer. For some "reason" I though that Logic had gotten around supporting VSTs as well as AUs. It seems I was wrong. Well, I signed up for the beta and got to try the AU with Logic and... it's a bit worthless for me, because it doesn't open Reason files, and I want to be able to open them inside the plugin, not start everything from scratch in each Logic project in which I want to use Reason as a plug in. I hope they implement opening Reason files some day.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Thanks for your answer. For some "reason" I though that Logic had gotten around supporting VSTs as well as AUs. It seems I was wrong. Well, I signed up for the beta and got to try the AU with Logic and... it's a bit worthless for me, because it doesn't open Reason files, and I want to be able to open them inside the plugin, not start everything from scratch in each Logic project in which I want to use Reason as a plug in. I hope they implement opening Reason files some day.
You can save any presets and Combinator files from your Reason file and open them up in the plugin. Hope this helps!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Today we're releasing Reason 11.1. which brings Catalina compatibility AND the AU version of Reason Rack Plugin. If you already own Reason 11, just launch the standalone DAW and click to auto-update to 11.1 and then you'll be able to use Reason Rack Plugin in Logic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search