The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The music gods have heard my prayers!!!
Old 28th August 2019
  #1
Gear Nut
 

The music gods have heard my prayers!!!

Just found out that Reason 11 can now be used as a plug-in itself, inside of Ableton. Ill pay $129 to upgrade to have access to literally hundreds of more plug-ins and the Reason rack. I definitely prefer using Redrum/Kong with each pad connected to its own mixer over the Ableton Drum rack for one.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPYbkUc205k
Old 28th August 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMGOD_OFFICIAL View Post
Just found out that Reason 11 can now be used as a plug-in itself, inside of Ableton. Ill pay $129 to upgrade to have access to literally hundreds of more plug-ins and the Reason rack. I definitely prefer using Redrum/Kong with each pad connected to its own mixer over the Ableton Drum rack for one.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPYbkUc205k
Yes this is seriously awesome. How does it work, do you buy the suite version and then it works as a VST basically?
Old 29th August 2019
  #3
Gear Head
 
StupidDream's Avatar
 

Hello. Stefan from Propellerhead here. Wait, I mean Reason Studios. Glad to hear you like the news!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Yes this is seriously awesome. How does it work, do you buy the suite version and then it works as a VST basically?
This is how it works: if you buy Reason 11, you'll get both the stand-alone DAW + the Reason Rack Plugin.

Reason 11 now comes in three flavors: Reason Intro (€79), Reason (€349) and Reason Suite (€549). Suite includes 16 extra instrument and effects not included in the standard version of Reason 11.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 29th August 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Hello. Stefan from Propellerhead here. Wait, I mean Reason Studios. Glad to hear you like the news!




This is how it works: if you buy Reason 11, you'll get both the stand-alone DAW + the Reason Rack Plugin.

Reason 11 now comes in three flavors: Reason Intro (€79), Reason (€349) and Reason Suite (€549). Suite includes 16 extra instrument and effects not included in the standard version of Reason 11.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thats great thank you. Will it be possible if i got the suite to sequence in reason and drag the midi out into
Ableton? For example id sequence drums with kong in the reason vst and then drag that midi into ableton?

I dont think reason sends midi through which is a bit of a shame. So lets say i made a drum part in the drum sequencer in reason Suite and added some randomization to certain drums. Could i capture that randomized pattern as midi into reason and then drag it in? (Maybe like a 16 bar loop for example). If not and i printed the audio into ableton instead to capture it, how would that work in abletons session mode? For example in session mode i may have an A and B section and want different drum sequences happening. Or maybe i just want to drop a kick out for a bit or add a fill. How would i trigger that in ableton without making multiple instances of the drum rack in reason?

Hopefully that makes sense. The main goal for me is to use reasons sequencer to control its drums and synths all inside vsts instances and get it going in abletons session view.
Old 30th August 2019
  #5
Gear Head
 
StupidDream's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Thats great thank you. Will it be possible if i got the suite to sequence in reason and drag the midi out into
Ableton? For example id sequence drums with kong in the reason vst and then drag that midi into ableton?

I dont think reason sends midi through which is a bit of a shame. So lets say i made a drum part in the drum sequencer in reason Suite and added some randomization to certain drums. Could i capture that randomized pattern as midi into reason and then drag it in? (Maybe like a 16 bar loop for example). If not and i printed the audio into ableton instead to capture it, how would that work in abletons session mode? For example in session mode i may have an A and B section and want different drum sequences happening. Or maybe i just want to drop a kick out for a bit or add a fill. How would i trigger that in ableton without making multiple instances of the drum rack in reason?

Hopefully that makes sense. The main goal for me is to use reasons sequencer to control its drums and synths all inside vsts instances and get it going in abletons session view.
Reason Rack Plugin won't send midi/player data to the host's sequencer track. However, what you can do is to just automate any pattern changes in a Player, instead of having to export midi from Reason into your other DAW.
Old 30th August 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Reason Rack Plugin won't send midi/player data to the host's sequencer track. However, what you can do is to just automate any pattern changes in a Player, instead of having to export midi from Reason into your other DAW.
Thanks Stefan. So do you suggest that if I was to program drums in Reason that I should use Arrange mode in Ableton and build the whole drum track from start to finish in Reason? I am just trying to understand how that work flow would go.

Or - when you say automate the pattern changes, can I send a MIDI note from a clip in Ableton to do that? That would be super cool. So I could have multiple patterns programmed in Reason with some randomization and then trigger it to change with a clip in session mode. That would be work for me, as I could compose in Session mode still and then print the audio in Ableton’s arrange mode once I have it arranged how I want.

How many patterns can I store in one instance of the sequencer?

Apologies for all the questions, but I am planning on buying the Suite when it comes out so I just want to have an idea of workflow. Thank you!
Old 31st August 2019
  #7
Gear Addict
 
Stormchild's Avatar
This is the most exciting news about Reason in a long time. I’ve been a huge fan since 1.0 (I made one of the demo songs that shipped with Reason 3). ReWire was amazing technology, but I’ve always wished for a better way to use Reason with Logic (I got tired of flipping back and forth between two apps a long time ago), and now that dream has come true.

Well, technically I’ll have to wait a few months for the AU version, but luckily I also use Ableton Live. I hope it works well, because I can’t wait to welcome Reason back into my studio.
Old 31st August 2019
  #8
Gear Addict
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Thats great thank you. Will it be possible if i got the suite to sequence in reason and drag the midi out into
Ableton? For example id sequence drums with kong in the reason vst and then drag that midi into ableton?
The Reason Rack Plugin is just the rack (hence the name), not the entire Reason application. It doesn’t include the sequencer or main mixer. You use it like any other VST, except it supports multiple audio outputs, so you can route audio from individual devices (or chains of devices…whatever you want) to separate tracks in Ableton Live.

It doesn’t look like it will send MIDI back to the host (at least not in the first version), which is a bit of a bummer if you were hoping to use Reason’s Player devices, the arpeggiator, or the (still very cool) Matrix pattern sequencer to control devices outside of the rack.

It might be technically possible to at least support dragging MIDI from the Reason rack into your DAW — I’ve used plugins that have this feature, like Ultrabeat in Logic — but Reason’s way of doing this was the “To Track” button, so they’ll need to update those devices to allow drag-and-drop.
Old 31st August 2019
  #9
Gear Addict
 

Yeap this is dope. But the best is to come 2020 Reason Studios just changed the game, I been got rid of my hardware items, now others will be able to use it in other DAWs. Window people you need VST3 for it to work, Mac AU. This is a wonder day and time. you can use the new Master compressor in your DAW. I'm getting the suite with over 70 items, and 16 Rack Extensioins already coming with it.

Scenic is sick! Props is doing it big.

ANNOUNCING
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
New instrument: Scenic Hybrid Instrument is a cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds and powerful performance controls. Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25.


Old 31st August 2019
  #10
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
The Reason Rack Plugin is just the rack (hence the name), not the entire Reason application. It doesn’t include the sequencer or main mixer. You use it like any other VST, except it supports multiple audio outputs, so you can route audio from individual devices (or chains of devices…whatever you want) to separate tracks in Ableton Live.

It doesn’t look like it will send MIDI back to the host (at least not in the first version), which is a bit of a bummer if you were hoping to use Reason’s Player devices, the arpeggiator, or the (still very cool) Matrix pattern sequencer to control devices outside of the rack.

It might be technically possible to at least support dragging MIDI from the Reason rack into your DAW — I’ve used plugins that have this feature, like Ultrabeat in Logic — but Reason’s way of doing this was the “To Track” button, so they’ll need to update those devices to allow drag-and-drop.
Thats ok with me. I have been working with the free 30 day Reason 10 demo and I really like it. I am going to compose some tracks in it and get the workflow down while I wait for suite to come out.
Old 1st September 2019
  #11
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Stefan,

I'm wondering what the deal is for us owners of Reason 10. Is there a different price for the upgrade?

Thanks!
Old 1st September 2019
  #12
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romdave View Post
Hi Stefan,

I'm wondering what the deal is for us owners of Reason 10. Is there a different price for the upgrade?

Thanks!
Here are the lower prices for those of us that own R10.

1. Beginning R11 $99
2. Regular R11 $129
3. R11 suite. $249 - that has everything.

Im getting the suite. 70 devices and 16 Rack Extensions will come with the suite.

P.S. you cannot jump from R9.5 to R11. You have to buy R10 then upgrade to R11.
Old 1st September 2019
  #13
Gear Addict
 

VSTi's like Serum can work in the Reason Rack , l didn't know that. And you can route multiple 3rd party synths in the RR to get a new sound. This is sick asf!

Old 2nd September 2019
  #14
Gear Addict
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
VSTi's like Serum can work in the Reason Rack , l didn't know that. And you can route multiple 3rd party synths in the RR to get a new sound. This is sick asf!
Bear in mind you won't be able to load VSTs in the Reason Rack Plugin. Only the full Reason app can load VSTs.
Old 2nd September 2019
  #15
Gear Head
 
StupidDream's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Here are the lower prices for those of us that own R10.

1. Beginning R11 $99
2. Regular R11 $129
3. R11 suite. $249 - that has everything.

Im getting the suite. 70 devices and 16 Rack Extensions will come with the suite.

P.S. you cannot jump from R9.5 to R11. You have to buy R10 then upgrade to R11.
Let me clarify this a bit:

For any Reason 1-10 owners, these are your upgrade options:

Reason 11 upgrade: $129
Reason 11 Suite upgrade: $249 (will get you the extra 16 instruments & effects devices).

Reason 11 Intro will be available at $99 as well.
Old 2nd September 2019
  #16
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Bear in mind you won't be able to load VSTs in the Reason Rack Plugin. Only the full Reason app can load VSTs.
Hey Storm how are you?

Read this from Akais site:


I can be in Studio One, open the rack and add Serum to that Reason Rack.

I mean Reason Studios is saying it. I mean l been able to add my VSTi's into the rack when Reason became able to accept VSTi's. The magic is doing that in another DAW such as Studio One.

" Use your favorite VST plugins in the Reason Rack and unlock a new level of creative options. The plugins are right at home in the Reason rack."
Old 2nd September 2019
  #17
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Let me clarify this a bit:

For any Reason 1-10 owners, these are your upgrade options:

Reason 11 upgrade: $129
Reason 11 Suite upgrade: $249 (will get you the extra 16 instruments & effects devices).

Reason 11 Intro will be available at $99 as well.
Lmao l said the same thing you said. He asked about Reason 10 owners not 1 through 10.

As a matter of fact if you have R9 right if you upgrade to R10 you will get R11 FREE. If you want to upgrade to R11Suite you can for a lower fee.
Old 2nd September 2019
  #18
Gear Addict
 
Stormchild's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Hey Storm how are you?

Read this from Akais site:

I mean Reason Studios is saying it. I mean l been able to add my VSTi's into the rack when Reason became able to accept VSTi's. The magic is doing that in another DAW such as Studio One.

" Use your favorite VST plugins in the Reason Rack and unlock a new level of creative options. The plugins are right at home in the Reason rack."
That's talking about the rack in the full application, not the Rack Plugin.

Here's the relevant info in the official FAQ:

The music gods have heard my prayers!!!-screen-shot-2019-09-03-06.37.24-.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The music gods have heard my prayers!!!-screen-shot-2019-09-03-06.37.24-.jpg  
Old 3rd September 2019
  #19
Lives for gear
 
3rdpath's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Let me clarify this a bit:

For any Reason 1-10 owners, these are your upgrade options:

Reason 11 upgrade: $129
Reason 11 Suite upgrade: $249 (will get you the extra 16 instruments & effects devices).

Reason 11 Intro will be available at $99 as well.
I'm very excited by this. Started with Reason 1.0 but stopped using at 6.5.

When I log in and hit the upgrade button, my only option is the $129 upgrade. How does one upgrade to the suite instead?

Thanks!!
Old 3rd September 2019
  #20
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
That's talking about the rack in the full application, not the Rack Plugin.

Here's the relevant info in the official FAQ:

Got it. I don't know why they mentioned that when we been able to run VSTi's like Serum in the rack, its nothing new.

I see the place l went is old info. It talks about tewire but the new info tells us rewire is disconnected.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019
  #21
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpath View Post
I'm very excited by this. Started with Reason 1.0 but stopped using at 6.5.

When I log in and hit the upgrade button, my only option is the $129 upgrade. How does one upgrade to the suite instead?

Thanks!!
You have to buy Reason 10 as the upgrade now then you get R11 Free. Then upgrade to R11 Suite.

This what its saying also on the site:

QUESTION: "Can I upgrade directly from Reason Intro/Reason Lite to Reason Suite?"

ANSWER: "No, but you can upgrade your Reason Intro or Reason Lite license directly to Reason 11 and then, if you want, upgrade Reason 11 to Reason 11 Suite."

)
Old 3rd September 2019
  #22
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
You have to buy Reason 10 as the upgrade now then you get R11 Free. Then upgrade to R11 Suite.

This what its saying also on the site:

QUESTION: "Can I upgrade directly from Reason Intro/Reason Lite to Reason Suite?"

ANSWER: "No, but you can upgrade your Reason Intro or Reason Lite license directly to Reason 11 and then, if you want, upgrade Reason 11 to Reason 11 Suite."

)
Its cheaper to buy 11 suite when it comes out. Saves you $50. I crunched the numbers on that upgrade.
Old 3rd September 2019
  #23
Lives for gear
 
3rdpath's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Its cheaper to buy 11 suite when it comes out. Saves you $50. I crunched the numbers on that upgrade.
Thank you for the info. I've scoured the Propellorhead site for this info and haven't found anything. I don't know if I need the Suite but I can't find a comparison between Reason and the Suite version.
How much is the suite upgrade?
Old 3rd September 2019
  #24
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Its cheaper to buy 11 suite when it comes out. Saves you $50. I crunched the numbers on that upgrade.
Where did you get that info?
Old 3rd September 2019
  #25
Gear Maniac
 
DND-NS's Avatar
 

If Reason would support VST3, we standalone Reason users could buy FL Studio and use it inside Reason.
Old 3rd September 2019
  #26
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpath View Post
Thank you for the info. I've scoured the Propellorhead site for this info and haven't found anything. I don't know if I need the Suite but I can't find a comparison between Reason and the Suite version.
How much is the suite upgrade?
Reason 11 will just be a simple upgrade but it will be able to open the rack in any DAW that supports VST3! It will have new editing features.

R11 Suite is an expansion. You get 70 devices plus 16 Rack Extensions plus the new Scenic instrument. It is said its the Swedish version of Omnisphere 2. That should be interesting. You don't get all of this in R11.
Old 3rd September 2019
  #27
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Where did you get that info?
The pricing on reasons website
Old 3rd September 2019
  #28
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DND-NS View Post
If Reason would support VST3, we standalone Reason users could buy FL Studio and use it inside Reason.
WTH lol
Old 7th September 2019
  #29
Here for the gear
 

Why one guy using another DAW would purchase the full Reason package, just to use the VST rack and get rid of Reason ?? What is so exceptional in REs that you would purchase this package just to get a VST rack container to play REs in Cubase ?? One could spend his money in VSTs directly rather than purchasing the rack to use REs which are not so exceptional, only few of them are at the level of best in class AU/VST instruments or plugins in the market. And the biggest editors don't develop anymore for the RE format, why would they invest in RE while VST is available in Reason with minor constraints ? I hope the Props know what they do...
Anyway I am an happy Reason owner since V4, I am on V10 now, it's a unique creative tool, but I wish they would enrich the DAW with more improvements in V11, I don't care about the rack, give me Recycle in Reason, we can already sample internally so why in 2019 can't we create Rex files directly in Reason o nthe fly, that would be a game changer...
Old 7th September 2019
  #30
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by monacos View Post
Why one guy using another DAW would purchase the full Reason package, just to use the VST rack and get rid of Reason ?? What is so exceptional in REs that you would purchase this package just to get a VST rack container to play REs in Cubase ?? One could spend his money in VSTs directly rather than purchasing the rack to use REs which are not so exceptional, only few of them are at the level of best in class AU/VST instruments or plugins in the market. And the biggest editors don't develop anymore for the RE format, why would they invest in RE while VST is available in Reason with minor constraints ? I hope the Props know what they do...
Anyway I am an happy Reason owner since V4, I am on V10 now, it's a unique creative tool, but I wish they would enrich the DAW with more improvements in V11, I don't care about the rack, give me Recycle in Reason, we can already sample internally so why in 2019 can't we create Rex files directly in Reason o nthe fly, that would be a game changer...
The more i demo reason the more i plan to use it on its own. Down the road maybe drop some synths into
Ableton. But i really like composing in reason a lot. I think the effects and synths are great, personally. Limitations are a good thing in my mind and sometimes having every vst at my disposal ends up being overkill
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump