The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
UAD Apollo X6 & Reason 10.4
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Addict
UAD Apollo X6 & Reason 10.4

Morning all

I have just treated myself to a UAD Apollo X6. I waited until Propellerheads improved VST performance before taking the plunge.

I am not much of a tech head and I am hoping to reach out to any Reason & UAD users that can help with setting up the X6/console/Reason in the most optimal way.

At the moment I would be happy with any way!

I have got audio files/itunes running through the console and into Reason. I have also hooked up my old DA30 via SPDIF so that I can get my old material into the console and process with the lovely plugins using the X6 CPU's and into Reason (monitoring off). And I have been recording single stereo track's sweetening and archiving my old stuff onto my MacBook Pro.

But I am struggling to work out how I send Reason tracks (synths/plugs) out of Reason into the X6 for processing internally and back into Reason for playback or further processing. I would like to be able to do this at the tracking/creating stage and ideally in realtime (until I run out of processing power).

I also want to mix/master my audio stems out of Reason in the same way at the end of the process. And as many stems as I am able.

I must admit the virtual ins/outs thing is confusing me with the console & Reason.

I would appreciate any help with this.

(Thought I would attach a pic of my work in progress studio build)
Attached Thumbnails
UAD Apollo X6 & Reason 10.4-img_4304.jpg  

Last edited by .Russ.; 24th June 2019 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: pic
Old 6th August 2019
Hi Russ, great set-up. Good ergonomics; personally, I'd add some acoustic tiles at the mirror-points between mix position and monitors.

I recently used the Apollo x8p with Reason and think I set it up as virtual buses (in the UA app) then into Reason. The UA track listing doesn't necessarily correlate with the I/O listing. It was a bit of a PITA; weakest point of the Apollo experience.

Send a support request to UA if it's still an issue.
Old 12th August 2019
How's it going Russ? You up-and-running OK?
Old 1 week ago
Slightly old thread here- but Ive struggled routing audio through the console as well. Ive 2 apollo devices, and while my struggle was routing audio from one device in to the out of the other, this tool will help you as well- Loopback by RougeAmoeba. Its basically a shim that lets you route audio from one point to any other, and is probably the best computer audio purchase Ive made this year. No I dont work for them and Ive no interest in promoting them, other than the product is pretty amazing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search