The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Applying pitch curves to MIDI in an Instrument Track on Reason 10
Old 27th June 2018
Here for the gear

Applying pitch curves to MIDI in an Instrument Track on Reason 10

Hey Gearslutz community. I have a screenshot of an instrument track with some MIDI recorded in it by hand. What I want to do is apply pitch curves these MIDI notes. Because I'm fussy there's two things that I want these pitch curves to be able to do:

1. If you look on the right in the screenshot you'll see a music crotchet in a stave with a curve/pitch fall tailing it. Basically I want to find out how to apply that shape as the pitch envelope to the MIDI notes in the track. I want to find out how to create a perfect computer generated curve, instead of drawing it in by hand with the draw tool like I've done in the screenshot

2. Because the MIDI was recorded and played in by hand, for obvious reasons the notes are all of different lengths and don't start bang on on the bar or on the beats in between. What I want to do is make it that each pitch curve it starts and ends EXACTLY with the start and end of each MIDI note.

Hope this all makes sense. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Applying pitch curves to MIDI in an Instrument Track on Reason 10-untitled.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search