The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Getting delay to change tempo based on key input.
Old 2nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Getting delay to change tempo based on key input.

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is a way to get a delay to follow tempo changes from an audio track?

I have gear to do it with hardware, but I'm trying to do this project all ITB. Its mixing a live band recording roughly an hour long.

Thanks in advance,
Jude
Old 25th August 2018
Here for the gear

Hi,
I'm not sure if that's what you want to do (or perhaps you've already found a way to do it), but here is how I would do it :

1. Put the audio track you want to add delay to in a new Reason project (let's call it project 1).
2. Disable the audio stretching for the audio clip.
3. Automatize the tempo by hand or by clicking the tap button so it matches the live recording's tempo.
4. Add your delay to the track and sync it to the tempo (you now have a delay synced to the live track's tempo).
5. Then export the dry and wet signal individually so you can mix them up in your actual project (let's call it project 2). Keep in mind that these new clips will most likely contain tempo data so they will just match the tempo of project 2. You can just leave it as is, with a perfect timing, or you could drag the automation you created in project 1 into project 2. This will ensure that everything added has the original tempo fluctuations of the live performance.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search