The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
U-he plugins crashing Reason 10...
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Maniac

U-he plugins crashing Reason 10...

I could have sworn they worked in Reason 9, but in Reason 10, Diva & Zebra/HZ are crashing Reason. Tried multiple times. The plugins don't work when you try to click their image to open the Plugin Window. I get an error there. Then when I try to delete the plugin, Reason crashes.

Said plugins work in Ableton Live 9, Studio One 3, Bitwig, etc. Curious if anyone else is dealing with the same issue?
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_music View Post
I could have sworn they worked in Reason 9, but in Reason 10, Diva & Zebra/HZ are crashing Reason. Tried multiple times. The plugins don't work when you try to click their image to open the Plugin Window. I get an error there. Then when I try to delete the plugin, Reason crashes.

Said plugins work in Ableton Live 9, Studio One 3, Bitwig, etc. Curious if anyone else is dealing with the same issue?
You did not said on which operating system you are?

I am on Win 10 x64. I have almost all U-he plugins.

Diva and Zebra/Hz are working fine one Reason 9.5 (i have more computers in office).

On another computer yesterday i updated to Reason 10.1. All u-he plugins work as expected. Then i updated Zebra to 2.8 and that also work as expected. No crashes, session recall works just fine.

Maybe it's time to ask u-he?

Btw if you are on win try to run Reason 10.1 as right click on Reason icon and choose "run as administrator". Maybe it is some kind of plugin folder access issue between Reason and u-he folders or something.
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
You did not said on which operating system you are?

I am on Win 10 x64. I have almost all U-he plugins.

Diva and Zebra/Hz are working fine one Reason 9.5 (i have more computers in office).

On another computer yesterday i updated to Reason 10.1. All u-he plugins work as expected. Then i updated Zebra to 2.8 and that also work as expected. No crashes, session recall works just fine.

Maybe it's time to ask u-he?

Btw if you are on win try to run Reason 10.1 as right click on Reason icon and choose "run as administrator". Maybe it is some kind of plugin folder access issue between Reason and u-he folders or something.
I am on Mac OS Yosemite. I swear the plugins worked before I upgraded the OS, or before I upgraded to Reason 10, not sure which. I haven't used these plugins in Reason for a while, but I know they worked at some point because I was able to grab their screenshots. Now when I double click them, Reason crashes instantly, with no error message. I tried reinstalling them, deleting Reason caches, etc. Nothing worked.

I wish Reason had a "re-scan" plugin feature. I looked it up on their website and in the manual and there is nothing about rescanning plugins. Slate Digital has a video on how to do it, but the cache folder does not contain any Reason plugin file, and after deleting all files in cache, Reason still doesn't rescan.

I emailed U-he about this, just waiting back on their response. thx
Old 13th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_music View Post

I wish Reason had a "re-scan" plugin feature. I looked it up on their website and in the manual and there is nothing about rescanning plugins. Slate Digital has a video on how to do it, but the cache folder does not contain any Reason plugin file, and after deleting all files in cache, Reason still doesn't rescan.
If you remove the file ~/Library/Application Support/Reason/Caches/_PluginDatabase.dat it will rescan the VST plugs. Keep a copy in case you need to restore it. I've rescanned the plugs on both Win 10 and Mac High Sierra and no apparent problems. Though one crash on the Mac while scanning, it continued without issue on the next launch.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search