The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reason 10 free update to hit next week - new devices!!
Old 5th May 2018
Deleted bc6012f
Reason 10 free update to hit next week - new devices!!

Wow seriously no one? Reason 10 will receive free update next week. They just shared info on Superbooth 2018.

New Drum Sequencer in Player format, new player devices from 3rd party companies + Europa can now load samples!?!!!

More info with pictures here

Update Incoming? - New Player Device Spotted @ Superbooth! - ReasonTalk.com
Old 6th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Wow seriously no one? Reason 10 will receive free update next week. They just shared info on Superbooth 2018.

New Drum Sequencer in Player format, new player devices from 3rd party companies + Europa can now load samples!?!!!

More info with pictures here

Update Incoming? - New Player Device Spotted @ Superbooth! - ReasonTalk.com
If Europa can handle samples via that incredible synth engine, then depending on its sound it might take the shine off my hardware sampler workflow!
Old 6th May 2018
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyklane View Post
If Europa can handle samples via that incredible synth engine, then depending on its sound it might take the shine off my hardware sampler workflow!
New video posted here (Europa sample loading preview)

Old 6th May 2018
Gear Addict

Most things are just too small in R10. They should make the GUI bigger.
Old 7th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Headphone View Post
Most things are just too small in R10. They should make the GUI bigger.
Do you have a 4K monitor? On my 3 1080p monitors everything is pretty much dead on, IMO.
Old 7th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
New video posted here (Europa sample loading preview)

Thank you for this! The ability to load it into the spectral filter is just nuts! I don’t care much about players....I play it all in by hand and sequence hardware with it, old school (for reason, anyway) but this makes Europa one of the more powerful wavetable synths out there, as far as I’m aware.
Old 8th May 2018
Quote:
Do you have a 4K monitor? On my 3 1080p monitors everything is pretty much dead on, IMO.
Agreed, ideal screen setup for Reason is two landscape 1080p monitors and one in portrait for the rack.
Old 8th May 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPalermo View Post
Agreed, ideal screen setup for Reason is two landscape 1080p monitors and one in portrait for the rack.
Yeah this is pretty much my exact setup here and I love it. The new feature updates look awesome and will just make Reason even more of a beast for actual music creation and writing. I feel like the software in general just inspires creativity for me personally.
Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpscott01 View Post
....I feel like the software in general just inspires creativity for me personally.
+1
I demo'd for a week and set up 3 new songs, bought a used Reason 10, which gives me a crazy amount of value for the price of a software synth.
For mixing it is less equipped than I would like and I expect to stumble upon some issues there, but inspiration and workflow when producing is my number one.

To get good results with the basic tracks of a song is more important to me than having a bunch of tools and options to fix and mix (which comes 2nd for me).
But I know this is subjective.

Overall Reason floats my boat.
Old 8th May 2018
Here for the gear

We're live!

Reason 10 owner? Just launch Reason to auto-update to the latest version. Go to the shop to get your free Drum Sequencer!

Drum Sequencer | Player device |
Shop | Propellerhead

See what's new here: What's New in Reason 10 | Reason | Propellerhead
Old 8th May 2018
Deleted bc6012f
New devices are really awesome (to me). I am blown away!

Read their blog. They finally opened up about VST performance and update is in pipeline!!!!

"“So, what about performance?” I hear you ask. We are aware of some performance issues with VSTs, and trust me, we’re working hard to adress them. Good news is it’s going really well! But it’s a complex project that requires lots of time for testing. I can’t give you a date at the moment, but this performance optimization will be available as a free update for all Reason 10 owners later this year. Meanwhile, I hope you’ll enjoy everything that Reason 10.1 has to offer"

Reason 10.1 is here | Blog: free loops, sounds and music making tutorials | Propellerhead
Old 8th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpscott01 View Post
Yeah this is pretty much my exact setup here and I love it. The new feature updates look awesome and will just make Reason even more of a beast for actual music creation and writing. I feel like the software in general just inspires creativity for me personally.
Yeah -- I think a big part of the feeling of inspiration actually is from how fast you can get from an idea to recorded music. It launches so fast and instantiating an instrument is so effortless that a real connection forms between creative states of mind and Reason.
Old 8th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPalermo View Post
Yeah -- I think a big part of the feeling of inspiration actually is from how fast you can get from an idea to recorded music. It launches so fast and instantiating an instrument is so effortless that a real connection forms between creative states of mind and Reason.
Agreed. Everything is immediately available and the modular nature of the program almost demands experimentation. I’m always reminded of the Nord G2 with a proper interface and a ton more options for multitimbrality and variety.

I’ve left Nuendo and Ableton Live behind completely to focus on Reason as my DAW....even though the audio editing is very crude the MIDI/CV and “everywhere routing” more than makes up for that to me
Old 8th May 2018
Quote:
Agreed. Everything is immediately available and the modular nature of the program almost demands experimentation. I’m always reminded of the Nord G2 with a proper interface and a ton more options for multitimbrality and variety.

I’ve left Nuendo and Ableton Live behind completely to focus on Reason as my DAW....even though the audio editing is very crude the MIDI/CV and “everywhere routing” more than makes up for that to me
It manages to encourage experimentation without being distracting when you just want to plink down a sketch of a piano melody. It's great.

I cannot mix in Reason. I just ship stems into PT to mix, which I also like because it further separates composition based tasks from the fiddly distractions of mixing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search