The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reason 10 Upgrade with ProTools HD 2018
Old 19th April 2018
Here for the gear

Reason 10 Upgrade with ProTools HD 2018

Recently tried to upgrade from Reason 6.5 to Reason 10. Downloaded (as upgrade) successfully, but when I go to find in ProTools, it only sees the old version Reason and (6.5) not the new one (10). I have already tried deleting "installedAAXplugins" from PT prefs in libraries.

Is there more to upgrading from 6.5 to 10 than I am doing? Seems like an upgrade should be more intuitive than this..

Do I need to Uninstall 6.5? Is there a suggested way to do that?

Impossible to get Propellerhead on phone. And they respond to emails in brief after 5-7 day delays.. Any help appreciate!

--- Running Protools HD Native 2018 on OSX El Capitan
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Nut

Impossible to get Propellerhead on phone. And they respond to emails in brief after 5-7 day delays..

My experience with their support has been great. Of my two attempts to reach out, they have responded within 24 hours. I think that is pretty good support.

All the best.
Old 25th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJC82 View Post
Recently tried to upgrade from Reason 6.5 to Reason 10. Downloaded (as upgrade) successfully, but when I go to find in ProTools, it only sees the old version Reason and (6.5) not the new one (10). I have already tried deleting "installedAAXplugins" from PT prefs in libraries.

Is there more to upgrading from 6.5 to 10 than I am doing? Seems like an upgrade should be more intuitive than this..

Do I need to Uninstall 6.5? Is there a suggested way to do that?

Impossible to get Propellerhead on phone. And they respond to emails in brief after 5-7 day delays.. Any help appreciate!

--- Running Protools HD Native 2018 on OSX El Capitan
Hey! Stefan from Propellerhead here. We don't have phone support, which could explain things. Out email support team aims to get back within 2 business days.

But, to answer your question: we recommend that you uninstall Reason 6.5 and then install Reason 10. Let me know if you still experience any issues.
Old 25th April 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks Stefan!

Is there a 'proper' way to uninstall 6.5?

I have already downloaded 10 so should I uninstall that as well, and then reinstall after uninstalling 6.5 ?
Old 25th April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Hey! Stefan from Propellerhead here. We don't have phone support, which could explain things. Out email support team aims to get back within 2 business days.

But, to answer your question: we recommend that you uninstall Reason 6.5 and then install Reason 10. Let me know if you still experience any issues.
Uninstalling 6.5 alone did not work. it still show up as an option in PT and I get a rewire popup but the app just doesn't open. Will try uninstalling both and reinstalling 10.. hopefully that works!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search