The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do I disable pitch bend input from a MIDI instrument in Reason?
Old 16th March 2018
Here for the gear

Question How do I disable pitch bend input from a MIDI instrument in Reason?

Hello. I'm using Reason 5 as a sampler to play a MIDI instrument live. The instrument is doing some unwanted pitch bends so I'd like to disable all pitch bend input. How can I do this in Reason?

Thank you!
Old 19th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hey OMA! Stefan from Propellerhead here. What instrument are you using in Reason? Any of the samplers? If so, you could set the Pitch Bend Range to 0 for all sample zones which will effectively disable pitch bend.
Old 19th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Hey OMA! Stefan from Propellerhead here. What instrument are you using in Reason? Any of the samplers? If so, you could set the Pitch Bend Range to 0 for all sample zones which will effectively disable pitch bend.
Hello Stefan.

I'm using a MIDI bagpipe. Could you please tell me how to set the Pitch Bend Range to 0?

Best regards.
Old 20th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Hello Stefan.

I'm using a MIDI bagpipe. Could you please tell me how to set the Pitch Bend Range to 0?

Best regards.
Shouldn't matter what the MIDI input device is. The pitch bend is usually set on the instrument the MIDI instrument is controlling.
Old 20th March 2018
Here for the gear

Could you please be more specific about where to look in the software? I'm a bit of a n00b with Reason
Old 20th March 2018
Here for the gear

No worries! So, you have a MIDI bagpipe (cudos to that, quite interesting!) and you've connected this to your computer via USB, I presume. Are you using the bagpipe to control an instrument in Reason? If so, what instrument? Let's start there and I'll see how can I help you out.
Old 20th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hello. The instrument connects wirelessly to a wireless MIDI USB receiver (midiBeam), so essentially it's still a USB device being used in Reason.

In Reason I'm using a ready-made "song" file (not made by me) which doesn't really contain any song but is used to play the bagpipe through MIDI. I can send you the Reason file privately so you can see what I'm talking about. Would you need that?

Thank you!
Old 22nd March 2018
Here for the gear

Yes, PM me a link to the song file and we'll take it from there.
Old 25th April 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks to @ StupidDream I could finally know how to do it:

Open up the NN-XT and click to select one sample in the Sample Zone area, then press ctrl+A (windows) or cmd+A (Mac) to select all samples. Then set the Pitch Bend to 0.

Thank you!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search