The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reason 10 new for 168$. Is it worth? DAW Software
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Reason 10 new for 168$. Is it worth?

Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

I have Reason Adapted 3 and can update for 99$. It probably is worth that much but then again, it means leaving my other DAW and I'm not really sure I want to do it. Yeah, Rewire...I don't think so...

k
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulata View Post
I have Reason Adapted 3 and can update for 99$. It probably is worth that much but then again, it means leaving my other DAW and I'm not really sure I want to do it. Yeah, Rewire...I don't think so...

k
Leaving the other DAW? Why that?

I also use Logic X and Reaper (and have a Cubase 9 License).
For quick music making Reason is great. And now for the price of a VST ...
You can multiexport your tracks from Reason and continue somewhere else ...
Old 8th March 2018
Yes. Reason is awesome. Good value for what you get.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
Leaving the other DAW? Why that?
I didn't mean forever just temporarily.

I like Reason, just not enough to change my ways. It is very tempting, though (I wouldn't be babbling here otherwise). That granular synth looks and sound awesome.

k
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Nut

I just got ios THOR and if it sounds as good as THOR Reason (which I suspect it does) then that alone would be worth the upgrade to me, well close. Being that I'm on Reason 3.0 and can't upgrade until I upgrade the computer THOR ios will hold me over.

I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I could.

Last edited by shortyedwards; 9th March 2018 at 10:32 PM..
Old 10th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'm not sure I'm following this thread, but the marketplace here or KVR is EASILY the best way to procure a copy. Usually the highest price is 300 and I've seen copies go for under that by a lot.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
I'm not sure I'm following this thread, but the marketplace here or KVR is EASILY the best way to procure a copy. Usually the highest price is 300 and I've seen copies go for under that by a lot.
Ok, but the shop essentially offers a "new" Reason 10 license for 168$.
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

Oh, like I said I'm not really following. That's a terrific price and it's a good kit. Did you try the demo yet?
Old 1st June 2018
Here for the gear

Reason is the greatest Daw imo....however don’t waste the money on “essentials” version, you need the full version which is more expensive (300-400) but worth every penny. The essentials version is more for recording external instruments but it is stripped down version and only comes with like 2 of the basic synths and I believe the old drum machine redrum. But if you want the endless list of synths and effects and player devices..(Thor!!, Kong, Europa,grain, layers, scales n chords, pulverizer, and list goes on and on) then you need the full version. So if your trying to make serious music then essentials would just be a frustrating waste of money and would just lead you to having to pay for full version anyway when you realize you don’t have anything in essentials so just trying to save you the money and extra step. Plus if you buy full version from prop head site you get continuous free updates till next version and forever upgrades for like 99$ from that point on so it’s alot initially but as I said worth every penny. Just last week they came out with 10.3 and added new player amazing drum sequencer and pretty much a whole new factory sound bank. And they are best with support as well
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

I'm thinking of upgrading to Reason 10. I know it's a long way back but should I still be able to open old projects from Reason v2.5 in v10?
Old 2nd June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
I'm thinking of upgrading to Reason 10. I know it's a long way back but should I still be able to open old projects from Reason v2.5 in v10?
AFAIK Reason projects are openable from v1. You might want to get a second opinion.
Old 5th June 2018
Here for the gear

Yes, Reason 10 can open any files created in any earlier version of Reason, as well as songs created in Reason Essentials, Reason 10 Lite/Intro.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search