The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reason 10 Announcement
Old 2nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
I understand your plight. For me l love it and it does what l need it for and more.

I don't understand what you're looking for in it. I couldn't tell you how many use it. I just hope it gets better.
Like I said, after many "updates" it's become relevant again. I can go on and on about what I don't like, but at this point in time it's like ... f..k it, they've upgraded enough that once the demo is over it's probably worth 129. 9 was DEFINITELY not worth it and 9.5 was......a questionable move (should have been 10, but now I'm going in circles)

Hosts are very frustrating to me in general. Anyways, I appreciate your comments and sorry for being a dick.
Old 2nd February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
Quite possible.

But they are still coding new **** and doing other things?
Yes, but only on specific parts (which may take them a lot of time to understand, coding-wise) no major overhauls or things are left incomplete between different parts of the program.

For exemple, I’ve read that they didn’t update the ssl mixer for the themes because it was “too much work”. This was a comment from a PH employee. Adding new code may not be as hard as changing deep coding (that is really old). And the rack is really old. Weird thing is, the ssl mixer is not as old as the rack. But it may be running the same framework.

The VST code also is something they’ve had since 2008. So it may have nothing to do with the new venture investment they took. We know this from a tweet from a former employee. And so if this is old code, pasted-in, then it may explain why the performance with VST isn’t great (there is also the theory that Reason actually runs everything at 64 buffer rate because of CV, which takes a lot of juice).

It could also explain why there are no improvements whatsoever in this between R9.5 and R10.

On the macOS platform, PH relies on the upscaling features (so Reason doesn’t look too bad on Retina screens) But what if Apple drops this somewhere down the road ? They are known to remove features here and there. There is no way they can sell Reason looking like it does in low-res mode. It’s an headache-inducing joke.

PH has been sitting on High-Res RE since the beginning of them. Every RE is made with high-res renders. But they’re nowhere to be seen in the software itself. I mean, are they really unable to have someone re-draw or re-render the stock devices ? Or it’s because of the whole program (that can’t support it) ?

So again, let’s just hope its that big rewrite that will, finally surface. Yet they released R10 with nothing new except a few instruments (which actually are rack extensions)..
Old 2nd February 2018
Gear Addict

Props engines is full steam ahead. You all don't see the moves their making? Granted any company can fall look at Avid, it had to let 1,000 employees go. Avid doesn't have the homw market

But Propellerheads is rolling
Old 2nd February 2018
Lives for gear

I just feel silly. There is SO MUCH that has been done since 8.3. But you have to read through the change log.

And I mean other than the obvious stuff.
Old 4th February 2018
Gear Addict

When l see Propellerheads sit at the table with a third party company like Sound Iron (who makes some terrific sounds) l only see a future of moving forward. That's plus , it makes me pround and happy l'm involved with a company like that.

They are planning something lol. I want to be part of that.
Old 5th February 2018
Lives for gear

Yeah, I mean, when you look at the change logs, they've been busy. There are some gems, that are NOT commonly known to the public that were on my s.... list.

-Drag drop of midi w/o creating a piano track. Well done sirs! Only requested since, before Jesus

-CPU optimization. I've noticed this in the demo. It's not phenomenal, but anything is better than the stagnation they held to for years.

-VST integration is, mostly tight. Again well done. I'd have though it sloppy. So far, so good.

There are now TWO products that don't behave with midi/automation (which I've mentioned) and should not be so mysterious. Ticket(s) in. We'll see how that goes, but mostly VST integration works as advertised, pretty good.
Old 5th February 2018
Lives for gear

One thing though, reason 10 is NOT the biggest update ever
Old 5th February 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, when you look at the change logs, they've been busy. There are some gems, that are NOT commonly known to the public that were on my s.... list.

-Drag drop of midi w/o creating a piano track. Well done sirs! Only requested since, before Jesus

-CPU optimization. I've noticed this in the demo. It's not phenomenal, but anything is better than the stagnation they held to for years.

-VST integration is, mostly tight. Again well done. I'd have though it sloppy. So far, so good.

There are now TWO products that don't behave with midi/automation (which I've mentioned) and should not be so mysterious. Ticket(s) in. We'll see how that goes, but mostly VST integration works as advertised, pretty good.
I hope you get what you put the ticket in for.
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

It's a known bug apparently according to the props.

I find it no coincidental that both have the need to have something assigned withing the plug and then again in the host. Cubase is ok with IK, not so much with Bias. Bitwig both work perfectly.

I'm just a little miffed about the Bais because they reason I paid so much more money was that it included automation which I assumed worked because they are kinda partnering up.

Pretty sure it will get sorted but who knows when
Old 11th February 2018
Lives for gear

A couple of things that still annoy me are how when you a) audition grooves they are not in the tempo of the songs and b) that when you drag drop grooves or synths over they rip your head off compared to audio inputs.

Oh yeah, also that when you hit play the monitoring goes off. In fact, OT, cubase is a bit of a drag in that respect.

Bitwig does this right where if you are playing an guitar or bass the input stays on so you don't have to mouse the monitor button on.

Sign, the more you get, the more you want
Old 12th February 2018
Lives for gear

But, to further show my ignorance about some of my earlier comments, I just remembered:

You can copy whole tracks from one project to another with a simple copy/paste.

Very handy as I've discovered one of my favorite plug ins doesn't load into my older 8.3 projects and save. I copy all those tracks, open a new project, paste, change, and WALLA! Instant gratification.

Old 15th February 2018
Lives for gear

I've had fun with the demo overall so since I had paypal money and found it for 108 bucks (the upgrade) I dooded it.
Old 15th February 2018
I wish they would improve sample chopping by adding sensitivity like in Recycle. And the time stretch algorithm could be improved (a lot), but it’s nice that at least it’s there. Kong really needs to look at the MPC for note repeat, tuning across pads, etc. It really breaks the workflow having to load up the NN19 every time I want to play a sample chromatically. Also would be nice to automatically route each drum pad to a separate channel in the mixer for individual processing. I don’t know about you guys but having to route things manually is kind of a pain. Yeah yeah I could make a template.
Old 16th February 2018
Lives for gear

In mixing this song I forgot about not having folders, holy scrolling batman!

Also, I'm not sure (I'll check the manual) that you can set levels at discretion (like -6db exactly, you kinda seem to need to eyeball it)
Old 3rd March 2018
I don’t get why Kong doesn’t have individual ouputs for pads 1-2. Especially since pad 1 is usually used for the kick.
What am I am missing ?
Old 3rd March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data_Shrine View Post
I don’t get why Kong doesn’t have individual ouputs for pads 1-2. Especially since pad 1 is usually used for the kick.
What am I am missing ?
I use the stereo L/R outs.
Old 7th March 2018
Lives for gear

I still wait and hope they will address many mentioned (AND CONFIRMED) cpu issues (which are solely on PH side not an user error) when it comes to using VST inside Reason - in version 10.

I just hope they won't force these optimizations for v 11. Which will be paid obviously.
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
In mixing this song I forgot about not having folders, holy scrolling batman!
Lmao lol
Old 10th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
I still wait and hope they will address many mentioned (AND CONFIRMED) cpu issues (which are solely on PH side not an user error) when it comes to using VST inside Reason - in version 10.

I just hope they won't force these optimizations for v 11. Which will be paid obviously.
See, I'm just the opposite. I've had terrific performance VS what I had with just RE's in 8.3. Again, it's not reaper, but it's right inline with bitwig, live and cubase.
Old 10th March 2018
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=toowrongfoo;13191984]See, I'm just the opposite. I've had terrific performance VS what I had with just RE's in 8.3. Again, it's not reaper, but it's right inline with bitwig, live and cubase. QUOTE]

Later i will post links and even Ph themselves confirmed issue and said they are working on fix. I just hope they wont force it for 11.

Glad it is working for you but many people have terrible performance issues with vst.
Old 10th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
See, I'm just the op
double post. Sorry i am typing on phone.
Old 10th March 2018
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=xmein;13191998]
Quote:
See, I'm just the opposite. I've had terrific performance VS what I had with just RE's in 8.3. Again, it's not reaper, but it's right inline with bitwig, live and cubase. QUOTE]

Later i will post links and even Ph themselves confirmed issue and said they are working on fix. I just hope they wont force it for 11.

Glad it is working for you but many people have terrible performance issues with vst.
Sucks dude. Yeah, I hope they get it fixed.
Old 11th March 2018
Gear Addict

Are people on a Mac or PC and having these problems?

I'm on PC and don't have issues.
Old 12th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'm windows 10. Other than setting the power scheme to "high performance" no tweaks*

*I'm watching that other thread in the cubase forum to see how it pans out, like I said there, if I can reclaim any CPU use I'm all for it even though I don't have any real problems.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Another update, another lack of the things that don't work here. All hosts do this, ALL OF THEM. You report bugs, they confirm them and it doesn't get fixed very often.

Very frustrating. Anyways, back to sludging away with it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search