The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any well known songs done entirely in reason ?
Old 25th May 2016
Lives for gear

Any well known songs done entirely in reason ?

Hello,
Could anyone point out an example of a well crafted hit or hits song that was done using only reason ?
Old 22nd June 2016
Deleted 86c3d96
I really like that Olivia Broadfield song "Say" that comes as a demo song with Reason. It comes as a full multi-track demo that is not only a nice showcase for her talent, but shows off some of the features of Reason.
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear

I think Prodigy last two albums were written in Reason.. I know Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned was stated it was done mostly in Reason but mixed in Protools.
Old 27th June 2016
Here for the gear
IIRC the Beastie Boys album To The 5 Boroughs was done entirely in Reason.
Old 17th July 2016
Gear Nut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZ3ZW0QzpA Im sure there are TONS of hits made with Reason though as LOTS of beatmakers and producers use it.
Old 31st August 2016
Lives for gear
The Producer Rick Rubin is a known Reason user. He makes rock, country and hip hop - pretty much everything.

Old 1st September 2016
Lives for gear

I don't know if it counts for "well known songs" but apparently Todd Rundgren is a heavy reason user.

Music: Todd Rundgren | Mixonline

It's always kind of hard to rate or gauge how good a DAW is based on that. People like Rundgren bring a lot of experience and knowledge to the table even before they touch a laptop or Reason. So its sort of more a question of, how easy it is for someone like him to get his ideas realized using Reason vs another DAW. I am pretty sure any DAW he uses would still produce the same results he was planning to achieve. I may be wrong.
Old 11th July 2017
Gear Head

That's like asking 'can you list any well known songs made with just fl studio."
Old 12th July 2017
Gear Head

Stromae's "Alors on Danse" was made in Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_MOPQTuas
Old 12th July 2017
Lives for gear

Trey Songz Say Ahh
Old 15th July 2017
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDream View Post
Stromae's "Alors on Danse" was made in Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_MOPQTuas
Insanely bad music (for my taste anyway).

There is plenty of amazing music done with Reason music. Watch their youtube channel.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear
Beyoncé - Partition was made entirely in Reason
Old 15th August 2017
Jimmy Two Times - fjghc&2 was made with Reason.
Old 23rd September 2017
I know of Prodigy and Chris Vrenna (who used Reason for Marilyn Manson' live keyboards when he was in the band). Prodigy used Reason for one full album but it includes a lot of hardware samples (ran through Reason samplers).
Old 28th September 2017
Lives for gear
French Montana - Unforgettable. Was made in Reason.

The Prodigy used Reason a lot.
Old 26th November 2017
Here for the gear

Toro Y Moi first album "Causers of This" made on Reason.
Old 7th December 2017
Here for the gear
If you're a fan of trance music at all, you probably know the artist Daniel Kandi. A producer friend of mine who worked with him says he's a Reason user.

YouTube
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Head

Drake's Passionfruit was made by Nana Rogue in Reason:

The Making Of Drake's "Passionfruit" With Nana Rogues | Deconstructed - YouTube
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Well there is this one

Oh wait it says "well known" Humm I am old can't see to read or hear well for that matter , Thats my excuse and I'm stickin' to it
Old 2nd January 2018
Well, according to Genious deconstructed video, this was entirely done with reason.

YouTube

33 Million View on Youtube means something these days.

It might have been mixed outside of reason, but the whole writing processe was in it. Also... If you hear their CD, and you're familiar with Reason's base refills there are some sounds there that are quite noticeable.

Here's Genius link to the song's making of:
YouTube
Old 2nd January 2018
Drake's Passionfrute as also fully done in Reason, at least for the instrumental:

YouTube

Maybe vocals and mixing were done outside of it.
Old 2nd January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
The Producer Rick Rubin is a known Reason user. He makes rock, country and hip hop - pretty much everything.

I was seeing an Odissey documentary about music recording evolution, then appears a pic of Rick Rubin with a monitor with reason.
Old 2nd January 2018
Oh and these guys here too!

YouTube

573 568 585 view on youtube. Does that count as a Hit song? i don't know who hit songs are measured today! :/
Old 2nd January 2018
Anyway, with musicians and other music and audio artists colaborating on multiple sites (studios, home studios, and so on) i now doubt any hit song is recorded in one software alone.

Probably the sequencing starts on the songwriter/producer's prefered software. At the time the song gets to a studio to properly record vocals, it is stemmed for the studio's main DAW or the recording and mixing engineer prefered DAW. After being mixed, it then goes to a master engineer that masters it with Wavelab or something similar.

Anyway, these videos show us reason is a truly inspiring DAW that people are using on their creative process with really great results.
Old 3rd January 2018
Here for the gear
I always liked this track Fredrik Jean Venard - Business - YouTube produced by Sam Heim for Fredrik Jean Venard a couple of years ago.

This guy Justen Williams always puts out great stuff using only Reason. He did a song "Fire Away" a couple years ago for Justin Garner's album. He actually shows a little of his workflow here too YouTube
Old 14th January 2018
Gear Addict

I think the prodigy are the most well known act to have used reason for a full album(later mixed in pro-tools with AONO)

this massive house track back in 2010 was written in reason

YouTube

I'm sure there are dozens of well known tracks that used reason

I still think the redrum drum machine takes some beating for making rock solid beats
Old 6th August 2018
Lives for gear
Drake In My Feelings and Nice For what produced in Reason

YouTube
Old 12th August 2018
Gear Addict

Party next door producer use Reason to make his hits.
Old 2nd March 2019
Here for the gear

Claude Von Stroke - Who’s afraid of Detroit:
YouTube

A lot of Tom Middleton’s work:
YouTube
Old 7th March 2019
Here for the gear

back in the days..50 Cent feat Akon - Still Kill (prod by DJ Khalil, who made this beat in Reason)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search