The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 9th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Software TBProAudio releases LA xLimit - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio releases LA xLimit, an advanced look ahead, wideband, linked-stereo limiter including ISP detection and oversampling. The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.

LA xLimit offers following features:
  • click-free 64-bit internal processing
  • state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
  • "real" oversampling, up to 8x
  • 4 limiter modes: hard to smooth
  • 2 level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU 1770
  • very short/long attack/release times
  • adaptive release
  • stereo channel link/unlink
  • easy to use GUI
  • large and accurate live meters

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8
  • Demo version available

Price: 99€

Last edited by TBProAudio; 21st April 2015 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Update V1.1
Old 9th April 2015
Lives for gear
I can't find a place to purchase this on the website. It is not listed in the "order" area of the website.
Old 9th April 2015
Lives for gear
Ha ha ha. It is available for purchase now. Fast work guys

This definitely beats Ozone and Slate FG-X for me, especially at the 8x oversampling option. I LOVE their compressor Impress. This LA xLimit has the same kind of extreme clarity. I don't know what these guys are doing different, but it sure is good.
Old 9th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post

This definitely beats Ozone and Slate FG-X for me, especially at the 8x oversampling option. I LOVE their compressor Impress. This LA xLimit has the same kind of extreme clarity. I don't know what these guys are doing different, but it sure is good.
Any comparison with Voxengo Elephant 4? I am very happy with it, of course, any possible slight improvement is worth investigating.
Old 10th April 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Any comparison with Voxengo Elephant 4? I am very happy with it, of course, any possible slight improvement is worth investigating.
Yes it is worth investigating, and that's why God (or in this case TBProAudio) made demos. It's a quick and easy demo. It times out after 90 seconds and then you just click on the meter and it quickly turns back on. If you click on the meter every 30 seconds or so, it just stays on. So it's nicer than the typical noise or silence interruption of most demos. Make sure you try the 4x and 8x oversampling. It's definitely a different flavor of "loudness." I'm also going to try this on some individual tracks that need limiting. It's very musical.
Old 10th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeoctane View Post
It's a shame that this product (or any of the site's products) cannot be shared on Facebook. I have a small following of 2500 users that I post all the latest and greatest software and hardware to, but as human beings, they are visual creatures. When I paste the link in, no image is presented and no information about the product is pulled from the site's code, so it's pointless to post about it. Pretty easy fix for a web developer, if free promotion on social media is even important? I guess preventing sharing it gives it more mystic, limiting its exposure to the masses.
Why don't you just add a link and your own photo of the plugin?
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post

Clarity. Yes, I agree. This is very good for that.
Old 18th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Software

Old 18th April 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
- Link/Unlink stereo channels
Now This definitely beats Slate FG-X for me
Old 20th April 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Now This definitely beats Slate FG-X for me
If you like this, try their Impress compressor. That's what first caught my attention about this company. I think Impress is better than the Slate VMR comps for a lot of things, especially in the 8x or 4x oversampled modes.
Old 20th April 2015
Gear Addict

I already bought LAxLimit and tried Impress but it ‎does not have a button Link/Unlink stereo channels,M/S only.
Waiting for update.
Old 21st April 2015
Lives for gear

This is a really great limiter, sorta reminds me of AOM, but cleaner and RTAS!
Old 22nd April 2015
Gear Head

Just bought this.

I've used Slate FG-X for a while, and then switched to Ozone 5, and I really like Ozone 6 but I don't want to use Ilok anymore. Just tried this plugin tonight and it's amazing, it's better than any of the other limiters, including Elephant (I've used them all extensively). You have loudness, clarity, it doesn't crap out in the low end, it can get real loud and keep your mix balanced, I'm really impressed. Also, I'm impressed by Impress, but I just can't buy everything at once. I bought the limiter, just waiting for a registration key but that's fine (and thanks for letting me know about pressing on the meter, I had no clue). I'm using Sonoris compressor right now, and I really like it, but I'd like to get Impress eventually because it has a ton of nice modes on it, and it sounds great. Screw it I'll probably get it now, I mean, for mastering you can't get anything better in vsts.

The registration for the limiter was in my junk folder, so all is running with that one I also bought Impress as well after all. By the way, I make my full time living as a dance artist, so music is the only thing I do, I need the best and most updated tools

Editing this post again.

For Impress, the max gain reduction is great, I'm surprised that other vsts don't have this feature. I set it to -5.6 right now, it's perfect.

I'm mastering a really viby dance-rock song right now. Attack at 9, Release at 1.2, Os at 8x, Type: Hard, Detection: ISP and frankly it can't get any better than that. for dance I think this setting is great.
Old 26th April 2015
Lives for gear

Cleaner than AOM? that got my interest..Mind you I never smash my levels but still impressed with AOM none the less compared to the others I'd tried in the past. I'll have to demo it now to compare the two..
Old 28th April 2015
Gear Addict

Any news on AAX version?
Old 28th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Any news on AAX version?
Still working on this, please give us some time
Old 30th April 2015
Gear Nut

Tried the demo, this is a special limiter. Going to have to save my lunch money.
Old 5th May 2015
Gear Maniac

Update to 1.3:
- small fixes for samplerate change and adaptive release.
Old 7th May 2015
Have tried it and without taking off the Invisible Limiter's crown, it works pretty well. My second fav. Waiting for AAX.
Old 15th May 2015
Lives for gear

Finally bought this after using it in demo mode for three weeks, clicking on the meter constantly. I love this thing.
Old 15th May 2015
Gear Maniac
Has anyone tried this vs the Sonnox Limiter?
Old 16th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Has anyone tried this vs the Sonnox Limiter?
No.Its not AAX.
Old 11th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Update to 1.4:
- improved adaptive release for higher GR values
- output clip indicator fixed
Old 8th August 2015
Lives for gear

This is the best limiter I have ever used.
Old 8th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
This is the best limiter I have ever used.
I feel the same way about it.
Old 8th August 2015
Gear Addict

From other thread:
"I just noticed TB Pro Audio has a new version of the limiter but to my ears it's release behavior is actually worse than version 1.4. Will have to contact the developer about this."
Old 8th August 2015
Gear Maniac

correct, currently we test a fix for this. Pls stay tuned

Regards
TBProAudio
Old 9th August 2015
Gear Maniac

V1.6 release with adaptive release optimizations.

Regards
TBProAudio
Old 9th August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
V1.6 release with adaptive release optimizations.

Regards
TBProAudio
Link isn't working on the website. I manually changed the number 5 in the address to 6 and it downloaded for me...

Thanks for the update!
Old 9th August 2015
Gear Maniac

F5 (refresh) didnt work?

Regards
TBProAudio
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search