WesAudio _Mimas - 1176 style compressor with digital control - AVAILABLE NOW - Page 4 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WesAudio _Mimas - 1176 style compressor with digital control - AVAILABLE NOW
Old 24th July 2015 | Show parent
  #91
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
https://store.westlakepro.com/ - there is still no info on webpage, but you can ask them directly.
Great - thank you!
Old 24th July 2015 | Show parent
  #92
Lives for gear
 
Rob King's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Talk to Gadget Hopkins at Westlake pro. He is a great dude and can get the Mimas. I'm the one that turned him on to this product and told him they should carry this. The future of analog man.
Old 29th July 2015
  #93
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I emailed them with cash in-hand but received no response so I'm pursuing other options.
Old 29th July 2015 | Show parent
  #94
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I emailed them with cash in-hand but received no response so I'm pursuing other options.
We will contact them directly still today and clarify this. We're sorry for inconvenience.
Old 29th July 2015 | Show parent
  #95
Lives for gear
 
Rob King's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I emailed them with cash in-hand but received no response so I'm pursuing other options.
Hey Guys, I am posting this for Gadget as a request as he does not have an account on the board.



"Hello elambo,
I am the "Gadget" that Rob was referring to. Unfortunately, i did not get your email on Friday, but as WesAudio indicated above, they contacted me and i was able to find your email and responded to it about an hour ago.
My sincere apologies, both on behalf of my company (Westlake Pro) to you and also to WesAudio for dropping the ball on this one.

Hopefully you will allow me the oppotunity to find a way to make it up to you.

PS> I never post on GS as I have always felt and respected this as a place best served by and for its end users and never want to come across "sales-ee" or pushing an agenda. Thanks to Rob for pointing this thread out to me so I can respond and help out. If anyone here would like to discuss any of this further, please feel free to call me directly (818-455-2131) or email me (directly) [email protected] as I can guarantee a response to that contact info.
Wishing you all the sluttiest of days!"


Cheers,
Old 29th July 2015
  #96
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks!
Old 30th July 2015
  #97
Lives for gear
 
Slug1's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Mine too! Love this. DAW/plugin recall for analog gear is the future! Excited about this product for sure! Love to hear the shootouts with this, UA 1176, and Warm76!
Old 4th August 2015
  #98
Lives for gear
 
STARSKI's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Anybody seen what the prices are like in the US yet? I haven't called Westlake yet.
Old 4th August 2015 | Show parent
  #99
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Anybody seen what the prices are like in the US yet? I haven't called Westlake yet.
~$900
Old 5th August 2015 | Show parent
  #100
Lives for gear
 
STARSKI's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
~$900
I have 2 spaces left in my Purple Sweet Ten rack... Might have to grab 2 of these to fill them! Do you think they would make a good drum bus compressor? I have the Bettermaker EQP502P coming! I really like the idea of all this recallability!
Old 18th August 2015 | Show parent
  #101
Lives for gear
 
STARSKI's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
~$900
Is that a call price? Website says higher. Also any idea when the Titan Racks will be available?
Old 24th August 2015 | Show parent
  #102
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Is that a call price? Website says higher.
This is most probably some kind of misunderstanding, the price is 899 Euro, so US price is just a calculation based on average exchange rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Also any idea when the Titan Racks will be available?
Currently ethernet connection (IP layer) is under heavy testing, and this is one of the last steps. I guess it is quite safe to say that it will be available till the end of this year...Nevertheless it is hard to commit to exact release date just yet.

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio
Old 25th August 2015 | Show parent
  #103
Gear Addict
 
tomteontour's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post

Currently ethernet connection (IP layer) is under heavy testing, and this is one of the last steps. I guess it is quite safe to say that it will be available till the end of this year...Nevertheless it is hard to commit to exact release date just yet.

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio
Do you happen to have an estimated price for this too ?
Old 27th August 2015
  #104
Lives for gear
 
STARSKI's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Any chance you will work with bettermaker on getting their modules to work with your racks?
Old 28th August 2015 | Show parent
  #105
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteontour View Post
Do you happen to have an estimated price for this too ?
Not yet, currently work on _titan is kind of "slowed down" (or rather there is time to stabilize the product), because before _titan we will publish another product which supports GCon protocol along with all recallability & usability features. So most probably we will share some more details about _titan pricing in 2 months or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Any chance you will work with bettermaker on getting their modules to work with your racks?
That is really tricky question... Actually we are quite open to any proposition in that matters, but you have to know that Bettermaker "engine" is based on totally different technology, and to be honest I'm not sure if they would be interested in adopting to high speed protocols = GCon. GCon was designed to support even live audio streaming (currently used for Side Chain signal from DAW), so it requires high speed medium like USB or IP connection. I don't want to go into too much technical details, so to answer your question = I have no idea .

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio

Last edited by WesAudio; 29th August 2015 at 11:35 AM..
Old 1st September 2015 | Show parent
  #106
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
We are pleased to present _mimas review by Warren Huart ( Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro ). Warren has engineered and mixed many famous albums including Aerosmith and The Fray!



__________________
Michal
WesAudio
www.facebook.com/WesAudio
Old 2nd September 2015 | Show parent
  #107
Gear Addict
 
tomteontour's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
Not yet, currently work on _titan is kind of "slowed down" (or rather there is time to stabilize the product), because before _titan we will publish another product which supports GCon protocol along with all recallability & usability features. So most probably we will share some more details about _titan pricing in 2 months or so...


WesAudio
Good. I ll be in for a 19" 500er Rack in Autum / Winter.. so looking forward.

Kind regards
Old 4th September 2015
  #108
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Great reveiw By Warren on your Minmas unit ! sounds killer
Old 7th September 2015
  #109
Lives for gear
 
STARSKI's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Great video! Good to see some big time people like him and Pensado giving co-signs to this technology! I feel like it's really the future of analog and hybrid set ups.
Old 23rd September 2015 | Show parent
  #110
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
If anyone would be interested in some audio samples, below you can find comparison between _MIMAS & Distressor & UA 1176:



__________________
Michal
WesAudio
www.facebook.com/WesAudio
Old 23rd September 2015
  #111
Registered User
 
🎧 5 years
Sounds amazing Michal. That snare example is superb through the Mimas, like a brand new snare and room were substituted. It really shaped up the top end and attack beautifully. A pair of these are officially on my GAS list.

-dd
Old 12th October 2015 | Show parent
  #112
Amazing sounding Compressor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Great reveiw By Warren on your Minmas unit ! sounds killer
Aw shucks thanks very much! This is such an amazing product! It sounds as good if not better than any of 1176s (sorry it really does!) it's really flexible, I took to another studio the other day and put it into their 500 series rack! Also of course it's full recallable!! Which is an incredible bonus!! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Old 12th October 2015 | Show parent
  #113
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhuart View Post
Aw shucks thanks very much! This is such an amazing product! It sounds as good if not better than any of 1176s (sorry it really does!) it's really flexible, I took to another studio the other day and put it into their 500 series rack! Also of course it's full recallable!! Which is an incredible bonus!! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Very good to hear ! This is route ill be going down for sure . The Bettermaker I use is also brilliant for the recall . I liked your idea of automating the compression threshold dependent on the dynamics of the vocals . Also a great thank you for all the videos you have doing .
Old 14th October 2015 | Show parent
  #114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Very good to hear ! This is route ill be going down for sure . The Bettermaker I use is also brilliant for the recall . I liked your idea of automating the compression threshold dependent on the dynamics of the vocals . Also a great thank you for all the videos you have doing .
Thanks very much for your kind words! I really enjoy being able to give back, I am truly blessed to have been doing this for many years and be able to build a career and I hope I can help others in any way possible! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Old 16th November 2015 | Show parent
  #115
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
If anyone would be interested in some audio samples, below you can find comparison between _MIMAS & Distressor & UA 1176:



__________________
Michal
WesAudio
www.facebook.com/WesAudio
I missed this shootout , just listened now - great demo of all 3 units and I am curious as to your next product with recall.
Old 16th November 2015 | Show parent
  #116
Jai guru deva om
 
warhead's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
The WesAudio Mimas is fantastic actually, I think the best thing I can say is it acts and sounds like an 1176 and the plugin style control delivers exactly what it says it will.

Costing half as much as many 1176 models doesn't hurt.

War
Old 6th January 2016
  #117
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Please check _mimas review in SOS published this month (January 2016), you can find the article here:

Old 6th January 2016
  #118
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Awesome review. I read it a few days ago. Did I understand it right that I can link them as stereopairs?
Old 7th January 2016 | Show parent
  #119
Company Rep
 
WesAudio's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Did I understand it right that I can link them as stereopairs?
Yes, you can pair two compressors with usage of dedicated stereo plugin:
- each parameter applied to the plugin will update two hardware units.
- of course it works both ways, so changing parameter on hardware unit via knob, will update second compressor and the plugin.

You can find short presentation here:
Old 8th January 2016 | Show parent
  #120
Lives for gear
 
andrewj's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Sounds awesome!
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 55 views: 11309
Avatar for The Press Desk
The Press Desk 17th April 2015
replies: 35 views: 5867
Avatar for climber
climber 1st January 2020
replies: 455 views: 54502
Avatar for Lewis Robertson
Lewis Robertson 16th June 2019
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump