WesAudio _Mimas - 1176 style compressor with digital control - AVAILABLE NOW - Page 4 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WesAudio _Mimas - 1176 style compressor with digital control - AVAILABLE NOW
Old 24th July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesAudio View Post
https://store.westlakepro.com/ - there is still no info on webpage, but you can ask them directly.
Great - thank you!
Old 24th July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Talk to Gadget Hopkins at Westlake pro. He is a great dude and can get the Mimas. I'm the one that turned him on to this product and told him they should carry this. The future of analog man.
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I emailed them with cash in-hand but received no response so I'm pursuing other options.
Old 29th July 2015 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I emailed them with cash in-hand but received no response so I'm pursuing other options.
We will contact them directly still today and clarify this. We're sorry for inconvenience.
Old 29th July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hey Guys, I am posting this for Gadget as a request as he does not have an account on the board.

"Hello elambo,
I am the "Gadget" that Rob was referring to. Unfortunately, i did not get your email on Friday, but as WesAudio indicated above, they contacted me and i was able to find your email and responded to it about an hour ago.
My sincere apologies, both on behalf of my company (Westlake Pro) to you and also to WesAudio for dropping the ball on this one.

Hopefully you will allow me the oppotunity to find a way to make it up to you.

PS> I never post on GS as I have always felt and respected this as a place best served by and for its end users and never want to come across "sales-ee" or pushing an agenda. Thanks to Rob for pointing this thread out to me so I can respond and help out. If anyone here would like to discuss any of this further, please feel free to call me directly (818-455-2131) or email me (directly) [email protected] as I can guarantee a response to that contact info.
Wishing you all the sluttiest of days!"

Cheers,
Old 29th July 2015
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks!
Old 30th July 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Mine too! Love this. DAW/plugin recall for analog gear is the future! Excited about this product for sure! Love to hear the shootouts with this, UA 1176, and Warm76!
Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anybody seen what the prices are like in the US yet? I haven't called Westlake yet.
Old 4th August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Anybody seen what the prices are like in the US yet? I haven't called Westlake yet.
~$900
Old 5th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
~$900
I have 2 spaces left in my Purple Sweet Ten rack... Might have to grab 2 of these to fill them! Do you think they would make a good drum bus compressor? I have the Bettermaker EQP502P coming! I really like the idea of all this recallability!
Old 18th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
~$900
Is that a call price? Website says higher. Also any idea when the Titan Racks will be available?
Old 24th August 2015 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Is that a call price? Website says higher.
This is most probably some kind of misunderstanding, the price is 899 Euro, so US price is just a calculation based on average exchange rate.

Quote:
Also any idea when the Titan Racks will be available?
Currently ethernet connection (IP layer) is under heavy testing, and this is one of the last steps. I guess it is quite safe to say that it will be available till the end of this year...Nevertheless it is hard to commit to exact release date just yet.

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio
Old 25th August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

Currently ethernet connection (IP layer) is under heavy testing, and this is one of the last steps. I guess it is quite safe to say that it will be available till the end of this year...Nevertheless it is hard to commit to exact release date just yet.

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio
Do you happen to have an estimated price for this too ?
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any chance you will work with bettermaker on getting their modules to work with your racks?
Old 28th August 2015 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteontour View Post
Do you happen to have an estimated price for this too ?
Not yet, currently work on _titan is kind of "slowed down" (or rather there is time to stabilize the product), because before _titan we will publish another product which supports GCon protocol along with all recallability & usability features. So most probably we will share some more details about _titan pricing in 2 months or so...

Quote:
Any chance you will work with bettermaker on getting their modules to work with your racks?
That is really tricky question... Actually we are quite open to any proposition in that matters, but you have to know that Bettermaker "engine" is based on totally different technology, and to be honest I'm not sure if they would be interested in adopting to high speed protocols = GCon. GCon was designed to support even live audio streaming (currently used for Side Chain signal from DAW), so it requires high speed medium like USB or IP connection. I don't want to go into too much technical details, so to answer your question = I have no idea .

Br,
Michal.
WesAudio

Last edited by WesAudio; 29th August 2015 at 11:35 AM..
Old 1st September 2015 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
We are pleased to present _mimas review by Warren Huart ( Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro ). Warren has engineered and mixed many famous albums including Aerosmith and The Fray!

Old 2nd September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not yet, currently work on _titan is kind of "slowed down" (or rather there is time to stabilize the product), because before _titan we will publish another product which supports GCon protocol along with all recallability & usability features. So most probably we will share some more details about _titan pricing in 2 months or so...

WesAudio
Good. I ll be in for a 19" 500er Rack in Autum / Winter.. so looking forward.

Kind regards
Old 4th September 2015
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Great reveiw By Warren on your Minmas unit ! sounds killer
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great video! Good to see some big time people like him and Pensado giving co-signs to this technology! I feel like it's really the future of analog and hybrid set ups.
Old 23rd September 2015 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
If anyone would be interested in some audio samples, below you can find comparison between _MIMAS & Distressor & UA 1176:

Old 23rd September 2015

🎧 5 years
Sounds amazing Michal. That snare example is superb through the Mimas, like a brand new snare and room were substituted. It really shaped up the top end and attack beautifully. A pair of these are officially on my GAS list.

-dd
Old 12th October 2015 | Show parent
Amazing sounding Compressor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Great reveiw By Warren on your Minmas unit ! sounds killer
Aw shucks thanks very much! This is such an amazing product! It sounds as good if not better than any of 1176s (sorry it really does!) it's really flexible, I took to another studio the other day and put it into their 500 series rack! Also of course it's full recallable!! Which is an incredible bonus!! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Old 12th October 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhuart View Post
Aw shucks thanks very much! This is such an amazing product! It sounds as good if not better than any of 1176s (sorry it really does!) it's really flexible, I took to another studio the other day and put it into their 500 series rack! Also of course it's full recallable!! Which is an incredible bonus!! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Very good to hear ! This is route ill be going down for sure . The Bettermaker I use is also brilliant for the recall . I liked your idea of automating the compression threshold dependent on the dynamics of the vocals . Also a great thank you for all the videos you have doing .
Old 14th October 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Very good to hear ! This is route ill be going down for sure . The Bettermaker I use is also brilliant for the recall . I liked your idea of automating the compression threshold dependent on the dynamics of the vocals . Also a great thank you for all the videos you have doing .
Thanks very much for your kind words! I really enjoy being able to give back, I am truly blessed to have been doing this for many years and be able to build a career and I hope I can help others in any way possible! Have a marvellous time recording, many thanks Warren
Old 16th November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
If anyone would be interested in some audio samples, below you can find comparison between _MIMAS & Distressor & UA 1176:

I missed this shootout , just listened now - great demo of all 3 units and I am curious as to your next product with recall.
Old 16th November 2015 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
The WesAudio Mimas is fantastic actually, I think the best thing I can say is it acts and sounds like an 1176 and the plugin style control delivers exactly what it says it will.

Costing half as much as many 1176 models doesn't hurt.

War
Old 6th January 2016
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Please check _mimas review in SOS published this month (January 2016), you can find the article here:

Old 6th January 2016
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Awesome review. I read it a few days ago. Did I understand it right that I can link them as stereopairs?
Old 7th January 2016 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Did I understand it right that I can link them as stereopairs?
Yes, you can pair two compressors with usage of dedicated stereo plugin:
- each parameter applied to the plugin will update two hardware units.
- of course it works both ways, so changing parameter on hardware unit via knob, will update second compressor and the plugin.

You can find short presentation here:
Old 8th January 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Sounds awesome!
πŸ“ Reply