The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Goodhertz Panpot — a new panning plugin that will change how you think about stereo
Old 14th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
We have seen a solid demand for Windows and have taking steps toward Windows versions. We don't have a definite timeline yet, but if you signed up to beta, you'll be the first to know
Awesome, thank you! I'll sign up for the beta right now.
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Would be amazing to see a crossover implemented in this plugin, like the Boz Pan Knob that was just launched: Boz Pan Knob
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
Would be amazing to see a crossover implemented in this plugin, like the Boz Pan Knob that was just launched: Boz Pan Knob
I wish that were possible, but because there are already spectral panning elements in Panpot it wouldn't really work. Have you tried the Spectral panning mode? It's similar to that crossover but based on actual head shadowing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

just to say - I think this panpot is brill - its sense of panning is great - I thought Boz pan was good but now I prefer this one - How is it doing it ? I'm getting really good mono compatable stuff with hard panned stuff - great

what is this spectal thing - how is managing to pan like this ? great plug - prob better than boz for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

whats the most 'translatable' into mono type on the panpot ? theres sev types - specttral etc - so whats the best to use for instant translation into mono - by the way developer its great - i am finding loads that pans hard and yet translate - its amazing
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
just to say - I think this panpot is brill - its sense of panning is great - I thought Boz pan was good but now I prefer this one - How is it doing it ? I'm getting really good mono compatable stuff with hard panned stuff - great

what is this spectal thing - how is managing to pan like this ? great plug - prob better than boz for me.
Thanks!!

The spectral pan works by mimicking the type of head shadowing that occurs in real life when sound goes around your head. The cool thing is that it's possible to sound very hard-panned, but the bass doesn't feel ungrounded or off-kilter.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
whats the most 'translatable' into mono type on the panpot ? theres sev types - specttral etc - so whats the best to use for instant translation into mono - by the way developer its great - i am finding loads that pans hard and yet translate - its amazing
Basically all the pan types are very mono-compatible except the "Delay" panning. As you'd expect you can get comb-filtering with delay. For the "Phase" panning, avoid the 2x setting if you want full mono compatibility.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Thanks for the reply - ah yes I've read your manual now so I do understand it all.

I was listening to some old trevor horn stuff - some frankie goes to hollywood stuff and listening to how they did some really good panning - then i turned it to mono and it was all sounding great - I had been puzzled on how they did it ( i guess they had some of the best gear ever - you know the ole eventide etc and whatever they wanted in those big ole studios ) - anyway - i couldnt get it to sound similar at all - the boz couldnt do it - no way - but now yours has really done something great - its amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
Basically all the pan types are very mono-compatible except the "Delay" panning. As you'd expect you can get comb-filtering with delay. For the "Phase" panning, avoid the 2x setting if you want full mono compatibility.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search