MOTU UltraLite AVB! - Page 4 - Gearspace
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTU UltraLite AVB!
Old 28th January 2017
Gear Head

I'm in the process of choosing an audio interface, and final two candidates are MOTU Ultralite mk4 and MOTU Ultralite AVB. AVB model looks great, however one thing really bothers me, will Hi-Z guitar inputs work fine with line level signal? I'm not planning to record any mic's or guitars, only synths and drum machines. Specs of Ultralite mk4 clearly state that it has 6 line ins and 2 combo mic/guitral/line ins, so 8 line ins total. Ultralite AVB however have 2 separate dedicated mic ins, and 2 guitar ins.
Could someone please clarify if those guitar inputs can be used for recording synths? And will they perform as good as line inputs in terms of volume and noise?
Old 28th January 2017
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The Ultralite AVB has 6 line ins, and then 2 mic ins (on XLR) and the 2 guitar ins (on 1/4" connectors).

The guitar inputs will be HiZ (1M Ohm?) so I wouldn't use that for a line in.
Old 12th February 2017
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
There is now the ultralite mk4. And one difference is the inputs are now all line level and on the back. It say,s you can set levels via software so I won't rule out using them as di inputs too.
Old 1st July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone have experience using this with iPad Pro? I was thinking about getting an interface for my iPad, and I already have a 1248, this seems like it might do the trick well with midi.
📝 Reply