The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing Sonarworks Reference 3 Headphone Calibration Plug-in!
Old 24th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Systemwide is out now for Windows too
Oh man, I just left the country for three weeks. Would love to hear any thoughts about it... especially anyone using it with RME.
Old 11th April 2017
Been super busy patching up Systemwide bugs. We also just started working on new drivers to improve latency!

In the meantime you can tell your friends to read on Why calibrate your studio?
Old 11th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
Been super busy patching up Systemwide bugs. We also just started working on new drivers to improve latency!

In the meantime you can tell your friends to read on Why calibrate your studio?
Please make the enabled/disabled system tray pop up optional or transient. Starting to get bored with clicking dismiss.Thx.
Old 25th May 2017
We just added these headphones to our plug-in and Systemwide!

AKG K77
AKG Q701
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
Beats EP
Beats Solo3
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Bose QuietComfort 25
Bose QuietComfort 35
Extreme Isolation EX-25
Extreme Isolation EX-29
Grado SR60e
Koss PortaPro
Marshal Major II
Marshal Monitor
Pioneer HDJ-500
Sennheiser HD201
Sennheiser HD202
Shure SRH440
Skullcandy Hesh 2.0
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Sony MDR-V150
Sony MDR-XB650BT
Sony MDR-XB950AP
Sony MDR-XB950BT
Sony MDR-ZX110
Sony MDR-ZX310
Sony MDR-ZX770BN

I know that most aren't too studio grade, but there should be some that are interesting. Also - since this week Systemwide is standalone, meaning that it can be bought and used without any other Sonarworks software.

If you're interested better do it in May, because the plug-in and Systemwide both are on sale for 59USD/EUR. After that Systemwide will be 99$ or 49$ if bought together with other Sonarworks software.
Old 25th May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:

AKG K77
AKG Q701
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
Beats EP
Beats Solo3
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Bose QuietComfort 25
Bose QuietComfort 35
Extreme Isolation EX-25
Extreme Isolation EX-29
Grado SR60e
Koss PortaPro
Marshal Major II
Marshal Monitor
Pioneer HDJ-500
Sennheiser HD201
Sennheiser HD202
Shure SRH440
Skullcandy Hesh 2.0
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Sony MDR-V150
Sony MDR-XB650BT
Sony MDR-XB950AP
Sony MDR-XB950BT
Sony MDR-ZX110
Sony MDR-ZX310
Sony MDR-ZX770BN

I know that most aren't too studio grade, but there should be some that are interesting. Also - since this week Systemwide is standalone, meaning that it can be bought and used without any other Sonarworks software.

If you're interested better do it in May, because the plug-in and Systemwide both are on sale for 59USD/EUR. After that Systemwide will be 99$ or 49$ if bought together with other Sonarworks software.
Regarding Systemwide standalone, I suggest you make less vague on your official website. Even old customer like me was confused, not to mention audiophile who are interested in and know nothing about VST.
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

Just picked up Systemwide on the 40% off sale!
Old 25th May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

AKG K77
AKG Q701
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
Beats EP
Beats Solo3
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Bose QuietComfort 25
Bose QuietComfort 35
Extreme Isolation EX-25
Extreme Isolation EX-29
Grado SR60e
Koss PortaPro
Marshal Major II
Marshal Monitor
Pioneer HDJ-500
Sennheiser HD201
Sennheiser HD202
Shure SRH440
Skullcandy Hesh 2.0
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Sony MDR-V150
Sony MDR-XB650BT
Sony MDR-XB950AP
Sony MDR-XB950BT
Sony MDR-ZX110
Sony MDR-ZX310
Sony MDR-ZX770BN

Can you clearly describe the difference between Systemwide and the Reference 3 Plugin? I'm confused.

From what i gather the Reference 3 is a plugin to use in your DAW and is low latency?

Systemwide is not a plugin for the DAW but something you can apply to affect ALL audio coming out of your computer? The downside is it has latency, so more latency than the Reference 3 plugin?

Is it possible to just use Menu Bus and Reference 3 to achieve the same thing as Systemwide if you want all audio out of your computer to have the Reference 3 correction in headphones?

Thanks
Old 26th May 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Oh man, I just left the country for three weeks. Would love to hear any thoughts about it... especially anyone using it with RME.

I have been using it with my UFX+ and pretty happy with it.. WIndows device swapping aside that is!
Mostly it just works.
Old 26th May 2017 | Show parent
In order to use the plugin version for this.. you would have to have asio drivers running.. all system audio pushed to a VST plugin host and then back out to system out. Can do this but its a bit of work to do. Things like audio hijack or one of the other vst hosting apps that can go between all audio programs and windows system audio out is what i'm talking about here.
Same on mac.. with similar setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
Can you clearly describe the difference between Systemwide and the Reference 3 Plugin? I'm confused.

From what i gather the Reference 3 is a plugin to use in your DAW and is low latency?

Systemwide is not a plugin for the DAW but something you can apply to affect ALL audio coming out of your computer? The downside is it has latency, so more latency than the Reference 3 plugin?

Is it possible to just use Menu Bus and Reference 3 to achieve the same thing as Systemwide if you want all audio out of your computer to have the Reference 3 correction in headphones?

Thanks
Old 29th May 2017
Sonarworks Headphones has that brilliant fade in feature to prevent fatigue. I also own the speaker version but I don't recall it having that fade in. Does the speaker version have that feature? (haven't used sonarworks speaker version in a while)
Old 29th May 2017 | Show parent
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzilla View Post
Sonarworks Headphones has that brilliant fade in feature to prevent fatigue. I also own the speaker version but I don't recall it having that fade in. Does the speaker version have that feature? (haven't used sonarworks speaker version in a while)
Fade in feature??
Where,how,what??

i use both and i never saw this feature.
Old 29th May 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanicos View Post
Fade in feature??
Where,how,what??

i use both and i never saw this feature.
It just does it by default for me on headphones so I've never looked into it. But it very quickly fades in the sound so if you start playback on a transient, your ears don't get slammed.
Old 31st May 2017 | Show parent
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzilla View Post
It just does it by default for me on headphones so I've never looked into it. But it very quickly fades in the sound so if you start playback on a transient, your ears don't get slammed.
I would like sonarworks explain if this is true or not.
Old 31st May 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanicos View Post
I would like sonarworks explain if this is true or not.
Ah nertz, I'm a dork. Back when I was using headphones, I used Goodhertz CanOpener in conjunction with Sonarworks. The fade in feature is part of Goodhertz CanOpener, not Sonarworks.

Was just going by memory as I haven't looked at any of those sessions in awhile and forgot. The two plugins just blended into one for me, lol.
Old 6th July 2017 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:

AKG K77
AKG Q701
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
Beats EP
Beats Solo3
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Bose QuietComfort 25
Bose QuietComfort 35
Extreme Isolation EX-25
Extreme Isolation EX-29
Grado SR60e
Koss PortaPro
Marshal Major II
Marshal Monitor
Pioneer HDJ-500
Sennheiser HD201
Sennheiser HD202
Shure SRH440
Skullcandy Hesh 2.0
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Sony MDR-V150
Sony MDR-XB650BT
Sony MDR-XB950AP
Sony MDR-XB950BT
Sony MDR-ZX110
Sony MDR-ZX310
Sony MDR-ZX770BN

Hi , can you guyz specify for the dt 1990 witch foam did you used , there 2 pair of them coming with it , one balanced and one more analytical ..
Old 23rd July 2017
Lives for gear

I'm getting feedback from the system when I adjust the level loud enough for the software to pic up the mic properly. Does anyone have a remedy for this? I'm using a Dayton Audio Emm6 with reference file and a Forte interface.
Old 23rd July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Before starting your measurements, ensure that your audio interface does not have direct monitoring turned on, i.e. that the microphone input isn't routed directly to the outputs, bypassing the computer. This is also crucial for the other steps of the measurement process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovemode View Post
I'm getting feedback from the system when I adjust the level loud enough for the software to pic up the mic properly. Does anyone have a remedy for this? I'm using a Dayton Audio Emm6 with reference file and a Forte interface.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginaryday View Post
Before starting your measurements, ensure that your audio interface does not have direct monitoring turned on, i.e. that the microphone input isn't routed directly to the outputs, bypassing the computer. This is also crucial for the other steps of the measurement process.
Thank you for your reply and you nailed it. I believe my issue is with my interface being in direct monitor mode. I can't seem to figure out how to shut it off.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you for your reply and you nailed it. I believe my issue is with my interface being in direct monitor mode. I can't seem to figure out how to shut it off.
Turn down the channel faders or mute the channels in the mixer app. In the centre section of the attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Sonarworks Reference 3 Headphone Calibration Plug-in!-focusriteforte_04.jpg  
Old 24th July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

what interface are you using?

Quote:
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginaryday View Post
what interface are you using?
Focusrite Forte.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Focusrite Forte.
Did you see my post? Is that not working for you?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Did you see my post? Is that not working for you?
It worked perfectly, thanks :-)
📝 Reply