The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New APS monitors - KLASIK! Studio Monitors
Old 10th December 2015
Dot
Lives for gear

Yes, my room is treated very well. I ran Dynaudio AIR 15 with 10" woofers in smaller room for years, and they were brilliant.

The Klasik has a 7" woofer, the Aeons have an 8" woofer. But if you look at the specs, the Klasiks actually have more dynamic range.

Aeon: ±2 dB: 30 Hz - 30 kHz
Klasik: ± 2 dB: 35 Hz ¸ 25 kHz

I'd suggest you contact Ray at APS and talk to him about your needs and get his 2¢.
Old 10th December 2015
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
Yes, my room is treated very well. I ran Dynaudio AIR 15 with 10" woofers in smaller room for years, and they were brilliant.

The Klasik has a 7" woofer, the Aeons have an 8" woofer. But if you look at the specs, the Klasiks actually have more dynamic range.

Aeon: ±2 dB: 30 Hz - 30 kHz
Klasik: ± 2 dB: 35 Hz ¸ 25 kHz

I'd suggest you contact Ray at APS and talk to him about your needs and get his 2¢.
I already contact him and he inform me flawlessly.

The only thing that worry me between the klasik and the Aeon is the "weight" the klasik can deliver in the mix since it's a smaller cabinet. I'm mixing and mastering on the same monitors so i need them to be polyvalent. Also i produce Techno and progressive so a "big" soundstage and some "weight" is important to me to get in the mix which help my inspiration.

If at some point you get your hands on the Aeon it would be nice to have your though on them, especially that you kind of familiar with the APS sound now. So it should be an interesting comparison i think.
Old 10th December 2015
Dot
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds View Post
Also i produce Techno and progressive so a "big" soundstage and some "weight" is important to me to get in the mix which help my inspiration.
EDM is one area where the Klasiks are really strong. Great lowend.

I posted this earlier in this thread:

Quote:
So far where they're really performing well is on music with extended low range. Hip-hop, R&B, Pop, and Electronic Music. And, to me, that's really the market for these monitors.
Old 1st March 2016
Dot
Lives for gear

Here is our freshly-published review, as well as the award for Product of the Year 2016.

APS Klasik Active Monitors Review
Old 30th March 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
Here is our freshly-published review, as well as the award for Product of the Year 2016.

APS Klasik Active Monitors Review
Great and comprehensive review, thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
Old 8th June 2016
Lives for gear

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread but was wondering if anyone's compared the Klasiks with the Focal CMS65's. I'm pretty sold on ordering the Klasiks but have a local opportunity for a good deal on the 65s as well. Just curious.
Thanks.
Old 5th August 2016
Here for the gear

Just bought them after spending a day remixing things. Great translation, beautiful natural sound, very precise. It takes me so much less to mix now, I have a huge smile on my face
Old 5th August 2016
Lives for gear

I'm still on my old BM6a's from 10 years ago. Maybe time to jump. Anyone compare these to the Dynaudio boxes? Are these currently available in the US?
Old 21st August 2016
Gear Head

On my search for Klasik reviews I stumbled upon this blog post from July 2015 (it's in Polish but Google Translate made it somewhat understandable) titled "First listening new prototype monitors with APS":

https://portalstudyjny.pl/2015/07/01...ry-odsluchowe/

Interesting. I wonder when/if these will come out. Any info?
Old 26th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
I'm still on my old BM6a's from 10 years ago. Maybe time to jump. Anyone compare these to the Dynaudio boxes? Are these currently available in the US?
You will find the klasiks have more low end detail and are more true than pretty much anything in that price range. And yes, the klasiks are available in the USA quite easily. The aps website has the info there!
Old 15th December 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backr View Post
On my search for Klasik reviews I stumbled upon this blog post from July 2015 (it's in Polish but Google Translate made it somewhat understandable) titled "First listening new prototype monitors with APS":

https://portalstudyjny.pl/2015/07/01...ry-odsluchowe/

Interesting. I wonder when/if these will come out. Any info?

I would like to know too. I'm about buying the Klasik's and didn't know if i should wait.
Old 16th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV.L View Post
I would like to know too. I'm about buying the Klasik's and didn't know if i should wait.
To my knowledge there is no planned replacement for the Klasiks. We will be showing the APS line at NAMM, and as far as I'm aware there is no new models planned for release at the show.
Old 16th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV.L View Post
I think those ones were the proto of actual Klasiks.
Old 16th December 2016
Here for the gear

I've asked APS about that and got some information, which I'm not sure if im allowed to spread that. But there is coming a new model, no replacement which sits beside the Aeon.
Old 16th December 2016
Lives for gear

I would be interested to see a new model, but I'm not interested in replacing my Klasiks!
Old 17th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
I would be interested to see a new model, but I'm not interested in replacing my Klasiks!
Thanks! I'll be super excited as well to try out any new models down the line. The current lineup though is pretty solid though.
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Nut

I recently received my APS Klasik.

I will admit I was skeptical at first because during a/b tests with several other monitors they sounded good but not all that much better.

Now i'm a convert though. After having them for a couple weeks and actually using them while producing I'm totally sold.

Using synthesizers, fx, and synthesizing drums is much easier than it was for me before.

For example I always struggled to get the pitch right when modifying individual drum hits, but it took a matter of seconds to get the pitch right on the APS. Same when it comes to adjusting the adsr. You can just quickly and easily hear the effects of even the most minor tweaks of the knobs.

Reverbs are much more clear and easy to dial in. Synthesizer detune and lfos are made so much simpler for me.

I'm honestly in love with these speakers, and I would highly suggest you at least demo them and give them the run through for a week.
Old 11th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan View Post
I recently received my APS Klasik.

I will admit I was skeptical at first because during a/b tests with several other monitors they sounded good but not all that much better.

Now i'm a convert though. After having them for a couple weeks and actually using them while producing I'm totally sold.

Using synthesizers, fx, and synthesizing drums is much easier than it was for me before.

For example I always struggled to get the pitch right when modifying individual drum hits, but it took a matter of seconds to get the pitch right on the APS. Same when it comes to adjusting the adsr. You can just quickly and easily hear the effects of even the most minor tweaks of the knobs.

Reverbs are much more clear and easy to dial in. Synthesizer detune and lfos are made so much simpler for me.

I'm honestly in love with these speakers, and I would highly suggest you at least demo them and give them the run through for a week.
Glad you are enjoying them! The real magic of APS is working on them!
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celinara View Post
Glad you are enjoying them! The real magic of APS is working on them!
This is true! The detail in reverb tails, bass, and low mids, for example, is sooo much better with the Klasiks. I'll typically rough in mixes using cans (Focal SP), especially if I'm working at night, final mixes are all on the Klasiks. I have very few, if any, corrections now on final mixes where before I was running between car, phone and house systems many times because I couldn't hear proper detail on my old speakers.
Old 24th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
How did you find the klasiks compare to the CMS65s ? I'm asking because I'm pondering between used cms65 or the klasiks
Old 24th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgordito View Post
How did you find the klasiks compare to the CMS65s ? I'm asking because I'm pondering between used cms65 or the klasiks
A friend of mine changed his CMS65 for the Klasiks, he is happy and I'm earing his mixes better than before. CMS are still very good monitors.
Old 3rd May 2017
Gear Head
Reviving this thread 'cause I'm really interested in these. Does any of the users care to share how mixes on Klasik translate??
Old 4th May 2017
Compared to (2) other well respected and popular brands of near field monitors I have tried in my studio, your Klasiks obviously have a more extended low end but the low end is clear and tight, not boomy. The sweet spot is much wider. The mids and highs are much clearer. The phantom center is much stronger. There is considerably less low mid build up and it seems like I can trust these more. It's interesting that I seem to enjoy listening to these more and they seem less fatiguing than the others as well. Awesome!! Great job!!"

I've been enjoying these more and more everyday. Found the sweet spot for distance in my room (49" equilateral triangle) for my room. They are also VERY quiet. Also, these are designed to work really well horizontally as well as vertically. This is important for me because I need the sound coming from my soffit mount mains to pass above these so having them on their sides works perfect for me. To be honest, I like them horizontally slightly more than vertically.
Old 17th November 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgeorge View Post
To be honest, I like them horizontally slightly more than vertically.
Same here, ended up putting them on the sides. Sweet spot got even more wide and pan settings are more even
Old 23rd January 2018
Here for the gear

I have a chance to get a pair of second-hand Dynaudio BM6A Classic for $1200.

Did somebody do a direct comparison with Klasik? What would you prefer for the same price: Aps Klasik or Dyndaudio BM6A Classic?
Old 1st March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by devian View Post
I have a chance to get a pair of second-hand Dynaudio BM6A Classic for $1200.

Did somebody do a direct comparison with Klasik? What would you prefer for the same price: Aps Klasik or Dyndaudio BM6A Classic?
I have owned both of these monitor's, and while the BM6a's are great, the Klasik's are much more articulate than the Dyn's. In fact, i would go so far as to say that the Klasik's aren't just some studio monitors...they are workhorse precision tools that let you hear the finest adjustments that a lot of studio monitors don't allow you to hear as coherently as these do.

Now i liked them so much, i decided to trade in and purchase the big daddy Aeon 2's. While these are in another league to the Klasik's, i would still wholeheartedly recommend the Klasik's to anyone looking for sub$2k monitors.
Old 25th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypt View Post
how about custom wood?
Hi there, it seems I will be getting a pair of the Klasik soon and considering to go for the custom wood design.

What wood did you go with? it looks awesome! and how come your monitors are completely covered in this wood on these pictures but have a black front in your review? is the front removable?

Thanks!

P.S. nice techno man!
Old 27th August 2018
The pictures are different, because it's a different pair of speakers
After few weeks I liked the speakers so much that I ordered new pair with the full front finish. My friend bought the previous pair. Concerning the wood - it's not real wood unfortunately, it's a wood-like material (veneer?).
You can see it on the attached photo:
PS. Thanks!
There will be more coming soon
Attached Thumbnails
New APS monitors - KLASIK!-img_20170615_183646_hdr.jpg  
Old 28th August 2018
Here for the gear

That makes sense haha thanks again!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search