The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Announcing: Auganizer 2. Advanced Plug-in Management for the Professional Power User.
Old 7th January 2016
Public beta is released, see our Facebook page for info and download link
Old 9th January 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Public beta is released, see our Facebook page for info and download link
Danny,

I'm probably blind, but where is the default rename files to make Auganizer auto assign your plugins to logic format folders?
Old 9th January 2016 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyo View Post
Danny,

I'm probably blind, but where is the default rename files to make Auganizer auto assign your plugins to logic format folders?
Hi Enyo, its set to happen automatically when you first open version 2, if you've not you can select "merge plugin-folders with categories" from the dropdown menu under categories.

Should probably give a very basic tutorial of whats new really - but of course it'll all be fully documented with new pop ups, literally and a video series with a bunch of 3 minute vids when release ready. So for now, some new stuff.

"Categories" is access to the new Logic plugin menu for version 10.1+ that you can access with their plugin manager. You can have multiple subfolders in this menu which can be added in the categories side bar (with the plus button) to make things easy you can drag plugins from the main window into the side bar. You can for example highlight plugins by pressing CMD+clicking and move them all at once (just like Finder works) also like finder holding ALT+dragging which COPY them into that folder, meaning you can put them in multiple places.

The strength here over Logic's plugin manager (and where we'll be building upon) of course is our filtering list (ability to show just instruments, or just effects) the GUI to see what each plugin actually is, our advanced management for deleting plugins and finding information about them so you can do some housework whilst organising, numerous renaming methods (which ever you find fastest).

Its worth right clicking now in Auganizer to see some other organisation features, right clicking on plugins lets you show info, bring up the GUI preview, show it in Finder, show its presets folder in Finder, show notes, "add to favourites" (which puts the plugin above all other folder structures in Logics menu so its there on first click. Assign or remove categories. Revert back to default name. Validate the plugin (us AUVal) and our big new feature "Duplicate plugin".

Duplicate plugin is the killer feature I wanted for myself. You can of course copy the same plugin into multiple folders, but it is just that "the same" plugin. What if you wanted to have all of Slate Digitals plugins separately instead of in the designated rack? What if you wanted Reaktor ensembles to appear as if they are native plugins along with everything else? Well now you can.

For the Reaktor example, right click on Reaktor and click duplicate. Now you can rename that duplicate to, for instance, the new ensemble NI have released "Flesh". Put Flesh in the Synth category you want it (and under any number of subfolders you see fit) now when you next open Logic you'll see a separate instance of Reaktor that you can open at the same time as other instances called "Flesh" - open the Flesh ensemble, set it as default and boom...you now have "Flesh" appear as a native plugin that you can just reach at any time in your plugins menu.

You can do this with any plugin, in any way - make your own rack of plugins with a plugin rack, save them as default and name them whatever you want, breakout plugins from racks (like Slate Digital) or turn Reaktor, Kontakt and other modular plugins into any number of native looking plugs you want...there are no limits apart from your imagination. You can create as many duplicates as you need.

Duplication also works in Ableton, but Ableton is still stuck with no sub folders and having its own Auganized folder (which you can now rename in the preferences menu) which is a limitation of their software unfortunately.

There will be some tidying of the UI and features, and one or two little bits dropped in yet, there are plugin notes for every plugin if you wish to keep any information relevant about it (previous versions, recent updates, quirks, any info at all you'd like to keep tied to that plugin for reference) we will launch with some default info about what each plugin is (for help organising them) here and we will have some default mappings people can use - so new users can apply our suggested template to all known plugins and in effect, not have to do any work at all if they are happy with what we came up with (and of course people can share their own library of settings for different ways of organising the same plugins)

Right now we'd like testing of the duplicate feature, and reports of any plugins causing issues so we can iron those out - we'll be pushing beta updates quite regularly as we fix minor issues.
Old 9th January 2016
Oh and just a quick one - can I just ask if anyone reports anything, feel free to post it here for others to test as well, but please e-mail us at [email protected] too so that myself and the dev can read it too and we make sure it gets tackled just in case things get missed on various social forums.
Old 9th January 2016
Lives for gear

Praise the universe!
Old 11th January 2016
Lives for gear

oOh Yeah !
Old 16th January 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Smile

Thanks for the breakdown Danny. I'll play with it some more today and will report if i find any bugs. Thanks!
Old 22nd January 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyo View Post
Thanks for the breakdown Danny. I'll play with it some more today and will report if i find any bugs. Thanks!
Please, would you be kind enough.. to report...? detailing your setup...
Old 22nd January 2016
Gear Head

So far I'm experiencing no problems with the beta. In the previous version of Auganizer I was actually having issues with the check boxes to enable or disable a plugin appearing to be unchecked whether or not a plugin was enabled. This beta has fixed that, so that alone makes me happy. The subtle redesign is nice and the new drag & drop labeling feature is great. I'm still on Logic 9, so Auganizer is a must have & I'm glad to see the product continue to evolve.

I would suggest shooting emails out to existing customers regarding things like beta versions. If I didn't frequent gearslutz, I wouldn't have been the wiser regarding it being available...
Old 23rd January 2016
Lives for gear

No problems with the beta for me either. When using sub menus, is there a way to make the loaded plugin name just the plugin name instead of subfolder+plugin name? I know there's a way to do this if I also use Apple's short plugin name feature, but am wondering if this functionality is available solely in Auganizer?
Old 25th January 2016
Lives for gear

Ok, bug found. _Auganizer32/64.component files are causing 32 Lives plugins to not load.
Old 26th January 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by space1uno View Post
So far I'm experiencing no problems with the beta. In the previous version of Auganizer I was actually having issues with the check boxes to enable or disable a plugin appearing to be unchecked whether or not a plugin was enabled. This beta has fixed that, so that alone makes me happy. The subtle redesign is nice and the new drag & drop labeling feature is great. I'm still on Logic 9, so Auganizer is a must have & I'm glad to see the product continue to evolve.

I would suggest shooting emails out to existing customers regarding things like beta versions. If I didn't frequent gearslutz, I wouldn't have been the wiser regarding it being available...
Thank you ! ( Logic 9 user here :-)
Old 6th February 2016
Gear Maniac
I've just had a quick test using Logic 10.2.1 and Mavericks, all seems good so far! Got the Duplicate Plugin working on an instance of Razor with no issues.

One thing I wonder at the moment, is that perhaps it could be easier to see what categories you have assigned a plugin to? If you're going through all of them, right clicking on a plugin, then going down to the Assign and Remove folder is a bit time consuming. I might've missed something though!
Old 2nd March 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Ok, bug found. _Auganizer32/64.component files are causing 32 Lives plugins to not load.
Yeah, I also had serious problems with 32Lives plugins and Auganizer. I had to completely remove the above mentioned auganizer components.
Old 28th April 2016 | Show parent
Hi guys,

Some of you might have noticed we've made some radical changes to the beta since it debuted, specifically now creating a Logic side bar menu (and the main window now reflects this if you're in Logic 10 edit mode)

We're aiming to have Ableton follow what the Logic X menu does in terms of multiple sub-folders etc - but doing that, keeping both Logic X, Ableton and Logic 9 all in sync, whilst all referencing the same presets and working through the quirks of each is quite a mammoth task.

As to the 32 Lives point, we've done some testing her and all is working fine - we've tested a few versions of Logic 10 and of 32 Lives too. We've specifically turned off the clone/duplication feature (from here on referred to as AUClone) for 32 Lives as I don't think you'd get stable results, but I'd imagine any plugin you want to AUClone is likely to be a 64bit synth or sound library in most cases anyway (or Slates VMR for instance)

Theres still quite a few bugs we find and fix a daily basis, its much more complex a system now and more fragmented than Auganizer 1 as we look to support different menus and what each menus limitations are, without breaking another app. It'd be ideal if all programs treated AU's the same way, but they don't! Apple's are the only programs that read the AU standard properly, Ableton has a bizarre implementation that doesn't really follow any of the rules, other DAW's seem to treat third party plugins as if they're an after thought. The changes to Logic 10's code enable us a much more flexible and interesting menu setup - but it's not parity across Logic 9, Mainstage, Final Cut, Garageband, and their other apps that use AU!

We'll get there though, each week a new feature that I think helps organisation is implemented. We're going to push out another beta update soon and one of the things that most helped me is that our filtering of plugins now applies to the side bar too, let me explain...

When organising just instruments, I found it a bit confusing to see all the categories you'd see in Logic in one menu (Effects and Instruments) which in the app would appear in two different places. Now when you filter to just instruments its possible to show just the categories which contain instruments (effectively like seeing the instrument menu as it would appear in Logic) and vice versa for effects.

We've also rolled out dragging from the main window into the side bar, so there are now multiple ways to get plugins into categories folders (click and name, right click and assign, drag and more!) so you can chose which ever is the fastest or most intuitive method for you.

Special thanks to everyone in this thread who's dived in on the beta. We know its a commitment to mess with your plugins when you've got projects to do, so we appreciate that and the feedback.

Quite a lot of work left to do yes in terms of coding and polishing (and some features might have to be pushed back to 2.1) and we've got the humungous task of attempting to name, categorise and write notes for as many plugins as we can get our hands on (you know thats into the thousands) for the feature where newbie users can just buy, open Auganizer, and within a click of a button have all their plugins organised in a system similar to the stock method in Logic 10 (we'll be following their lead for categorising as a kind of default method and tastefully but minimally adding categories where things don't fit into the Logic defaults) for many this will be enough and they can from there customise if they want - for others (like me) they'll want everything exactly the way they want and are willing to spend a few hours doing it to speed up their actual working process in the long run.

Speak soon!
Old 14th May 2016
Lives for gear

BUG: If a plugin is removed from the component folder, it still shows up in Logic's plugin menu and will crash Logic if you try to launch it, or if a project is launched that uses that plugin on project load. The issue happens until Auganizer is launched again, and plugins are scanned.
Old 31st May 2016
Lives for gear

Hey, I'm enjoying Auganizer 2. On little thing though, I'd like to see the Plugin name, on the mixing board slots, in logic 9, instead of the name of the Auganizer Subfolder
Old 31st May 2016
Lives for gear

FWIW, I clone my system each time i attempt to use and configure auganizer 2. 32 Lives is installed.
I had to roll back to original plugin status ( all plugins ) and, on 64bit mode ( logic 9 ) everything went south. Couldn't even open some projects..
So i had to clone back my previous system..

Last edited by jsblack; 31st May 2016 at 10:01 PM..
Old 31st May 2016
Gear Addict

Hey, can someone help me? Does Auganizer v2 organise the actual plugin folder in Ableton - rather than create a new folder?

Thanks
Old 7th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Speak soon!
How soon?
Old 27th November 2016
Lives for gear

I dont see the auganizer guys on social media since earlier this year, and they are not replying to email. Have they abandoned this project?

Thanks

Last edited by elasticc; 28th November 2016 at 01:22 AM..
Old 27th November 2016
Gear Maniac

can anyone offer some tips as to how to properly use it? i sent screenshots (attached) of how i had it set up (after hours of work) to Daniel at auganizer and he wrote back saying i was doing it all wrong, but didn't offer any advice.

i was dragging the plugins from the main window into subfolders of subfolders of root folders in the top half of the sidebar. apparently this is wrong.

any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
Announcing: Auganizer 2. Advanced Plug-in Management for the Professional Power User.-screen-shot-2016-11-05-19.14.51.jpg  
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear

I want a refund for Auganizer, this product sucks. It keeps crashing my DAW.

I will email the company.
📝 Reply