The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Goodhertz Faraday Limiter — Peak limiter plugin w/ a big magnetic field
Old 10th December 2014
Gear Addict

Software Goodhertz Faraday Limiter — Peak limiter plugin w/ a big magnetic field

Free download available now

Faraday Limiter is the sound of iron: colorful dynamics with warm, tape-like saturations.

Designed for more than just loudness, Faraday Limiter is not a digital brickwall limiter plugin: its input/output transformers are capable of beefy, harmonically-rich saturations, and the detector circuit stays smooth and punchy no matter how extreme or fast the gain reduction. Great for mix-use on individual instruments or buses, Faraday Limiter gives you new, more inspiring ways to shape the dynamics in your mix.
  • Big, analog-modeled transformer sound
  • "Color" and "Warmth" controls for extended timbral shaping
  • Advanced stereo linking: variable L/R or M/S linking
  • Adjustable ratio: [2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 20:1]
  • Gain reduction history meter
  • 64 bit AU/AAX (Mac)

Last edited by devinkerr; 31st March 2015 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: AAX now available!
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

Love that Clip Audio, sounding Clean and love the way it retains the smoothness of the sound. Also love the simplicity of the GUI. Any plan for Win VST???

Good luck with your plugin ;-)
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

Yes, Windows VST64x would be an awesome gift to humanity! Please!
Old 10th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Wicked. Just tried this on a drum bus - really sounds great! Idiot-proof to use as well.
Old 10th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Love that Clip Audio, sounding Clean and love the way it retains the smoothness of the sound. Also love the simplicity of the GUI. Any plan for Win VST???

Good luck with your plugin ;-)
No immediate plans for Windows VST yet — our backgrounds are in Mac development — but definitely something we'll consider after finishing the AAX versions. Glad you like the look/sound though!
Old 10th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
No immediate plans for Windows VST yet — our backgrounds are in Mac development — but definitely something we'll consider after finishing the AAX versions. Glad you like the look/sound though!
...AAX mac-only or Windows will come as well?
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
...AAX mac-only or Windows will come as well?
Mac-only I'm afraid. AAX Win or VST Win would both be a similar jump for us.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Way to go then I'll be awaiting for Win version and i'll download the Mac version to try it on my mixing traveling laptop ;-)
Old 11th December 2014
interesting plugs - will try...
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Head

omg pleeeeasse port this to windows!!!

Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Nice sound in the video! Like! Holding out for Mac AAX. Cant wait.
Old 11th December 2014
Here for the gear

Just started using the plugin.
Really starting to like it.

But would it be possible to make the manual a downloadable PDF?
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Head

I dl'd your betas but they'd expired by the time I got around to having a go with them. Looking forward to tinkering with this.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear
Love your GUI's! A relief from faux analogism

Tried the limiter and thought it was interesting, but when I tried the EQ it caused all audio to drop out. Nothing played on any track, even with the plugins disabled. Yikes! Removing the plugin made no difference. i had to restart to get my audio back

Also with the limiter: I had it on a drum track composed of audio loops. I tried to make a new track with the same settings, to do an A/B comparison. When I made the new track, all the timing shifted on the original track WTF??? never seen that before. When I removed the limiter, the track replicated as normal

Removing demos ASAP--these are creepy errors
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J View Post
Love your GUI's! A relief from faux analogism

Tried the limiter and thought it was interesting, but when I tried the EQ it caused all audio to drop out. Nothing played on any track, even with the plugins disabled. Yikes! Removing the plugin made no difference. i had to restart to get my audio back

Also with the limiter: I had it on a drum track composed of audio loops. I tried to make a new track with the same settings, to do an A/B comparison. When I made the new track, all the timing shifted on the original track WTF??? never seen that before. When I removed the limiter, the track replicated as normal

Removing demos ASAP--these are creepy errors
Can you contact us at https://goodhertz.co/contact with your DAW version & OS version? We haven't seen any bugs of that sort and would be very keen to see what you're doing.
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bomb View Post
I dl'd your betas but they'd expired by the time I got around to having a go with them. Looking forward to tinkering with this.
Cool! Feel free to contact support if you need a re-up on the other plugins.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Can you contact us at https://goodhertz.co/contact with your DAW version & OS version? We haven't seen any bugs of that sort and would be very keen to see what you're doing.
I'm using System 10.10. 1 on an Imac from late 2012. I'm running Logic X 10.0.7

Just to be clear, I inserted the limiter on a track that contained audio drum loops. I then made a new track with duplicate settings. When the new track appeared, the spacing between the audio loop blocks had increased to it no longer it the grid. When I took the Limiter off the track, and made a new track with the same settings, the problem did not repeat.

I inserted the EQ plugin on a different track, and immediately lost all audio output on all tracks. Removing the EQ plug did not restore audio--I had to quit logic and restart it.
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Maniac
I think you should hold the Windows users ransom haha.

Give us Bootsy and the gent who ran Sleepy-Time Records first, and then we can talk...
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Head

This plugin looks amazing!
Old 12th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Adorno View Post
Just started using the plugin.
Really starting to like it.

But would it be possible to make the manual a downloadable PDF?
Awesome! We just added a PDF version on the website (the link is next to "by Goodhertz, Inc.") — thanks for the request: https://goodhertz.co/faraday-lim/manual
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

Trying to load into Pro Tools 10 with the DDMF Metaplugin wrapper, but it won't load.

Is this a 32bit or 64BIT plugin, or both?

Any ideas?
Old 12th December 2014
Lives for gear

In Reaper 64 mac version doesn't load for me, and it can usually bridge 32 bit plugs so don't know what's going on there.
Old 12th December 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Awesome! We just added a PDF version on the website (the link is next to "by Goodhertz, Inc.") — thanks for the request: https://goodhertz.co/faraday-lim/manual
Thank you for honouring my request.

Always nice to see a company listening to their users!
Old 12th December 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
Trying to load into Pro Tools 10 with the DDMF Metaplugin wrapper, but it won't load.

Is this a 32bit or 64BIT plugin, or both?

Any ideas?
Their plugins are 64 bit only.
See their FAQ on their site.
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Adorno View Post
Their plugins are 64 bit only.
See their FAQ on their site.
That should explain why it didn't show up in my AU folder

I use Live in 32Bit mode (OSX 10.9.4) (just too many plug-ins I don't want to miss in 64Bit mode)

Too bad. I was looking forward to trying it. Off to the trash then...
Old 14th December 2014
Lives for gear

Subscribed for AAX update. Any ETA on that?
Old 14th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Subscribed for AAX update. Any ETA on that?
We are hoping around NAMM for AAX if things continue to go well. If you sign up for the Goodhertz mailing list, we'll email you as soon as the beta is ready: https://goodhertz.co/mailing-list
Old 14th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
We are hoping around NAMM for AAX if things continue to go well. If you sign up for the Goodhertz mailing list, we'll email you as soon as the beta is ready: https://goodhertz.co/mailing-list
Done! Thanks
Old 15th December 2014
Lives for gear

This is seriously interesting, as are your other plugins, congratulations, you really seem to be on to something here, and the simple, flat, gui is certainly refreshing.
Old 16th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
This is seriously interesting, as are your other plugins, congratulations, you really seem to be on to something here, and the simple, flat, gui is certainly refreshing.
Thank you! Really glad you like them & the UI.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search