The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod
Old 29th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowV View Post
I'm curious. Does anyone know if the Neumann IC 6/25 Swivel Mount would work with the MK67 kit?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...iABEgL4uvD_BwE
Yes, but not out of the box - you'll need to desolder the cable and remove the 5-pin XLR insert and resolder with a 7-pin insert and tube mic cable.
Old 29th September 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalnyc View Post
Yes, but not out of the box - you'll need to desolder the cable and remove the 5-pin XLR insert and resolder with a 7-pin insert and tube mic cable.
I'm pretty sure I linked to the 7 Pin version. I was just curious if any one had ordered it and used it without any issues.
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I linked to the 7 Pin version. I was just curious if any one had ordered it and used it without any issues.
No, you asked about and linked to the Neumann ic6/25 which is a 5-pin xlr cable hence my answer.

Quote:
I'm curious. Does anyone know if the Neumann IC 6/25 Swivel Mount would work with the MK67 kit?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...iABEgL4uvD_BwE
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
No, you asked about and linked to the Neumann ic6/25 which is a 5-pin xlr cable hence my answer.
I didn’t realize that was a five pin. The description on the website is pretty non existent too.
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
I didn’t realize that was a five pin. The description on the website is pretty non existent too.
mmmkay
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod-screen-shot-2020-10-04-12.42.54-pm.png  
Quote:
mmmkay
I seem to have revealed just how brain dead I’ve been of late. Lol.
Gear Addict

Quote:
I seem to have revealed just how brain dead I’ve been of late. Lol.
haha all good!

I will add that I soldered a pair ic3s a while back for use in the max mod mics and they work great.

I have vintage u67s and the max mod is on the same level. Great when you need a thick tone!
Old 15th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Can someone tell me where I can buy one of these? I can't find the website anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhorn View Post
Can someone tell me where I can buy one of these? I can't find the website anywhere.
One of the MK67 kits? There is no website.
Just send Max an email. Adresse should be in the very first post of this thread.
Here for the gear

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOMike View Post
One of the MK67 kits? There is no website.
Just send Max an email. Adresse should be in the very first post of this thread.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Did you actually swap out the the stock IC4 cabling when you modded the swivel mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSky Media View Post
It's actually pretty straightforward. Providing you have one of the factory issue swivel mounts (XLR), a Switchcraft A7F (7-Pin XLR Female Cable Mount), basic tools and some soldering skills.

The connection block from the AF7 is an exact swap for the one that comes fitted in the XLR swivels from Neumann, so once you take the swivel apart you just need to resolder and reassemble with the 7-pin socket block in place of the 3-pin one.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhorn View Post
Did you actually swap out the the stock IC4 cabling when you modded the swivel mount?
IIRC, no I didn't. Although there is no reason why that couldn't also be done, assuming you have some suitable cable to replace it with...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Thank you all for your orders, this batch is now sold out.
I will have the next batch ready early 2021.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
If you have the Neumann U67 RI stock cable would it be plug and play (no soldering) to pull its XLR insert out of the jacket and swap it into the swivel mount jacket?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Is the MK67 Kit compatible with the U67

Does anyone know if the Mk67 guts are compatible with the reissue 67?

I have a new U67 and an older DIY 67 (Dany 'poctop' Bouchard's pcb, Max's transformer, Neumann capsule, Chinese body).

My old DU67 seems to have a problem, as the high-end feedback network no longer seems to be working (sounds more like my C800G now).

But I think I prefer the darker smoother tone of the my DU67 to the new 67 reissue. Given the fact that the MK67 is basically has the same components as my older DIY 67, I figure I may just purchase a MK67 kit for my new 67.

I'm just looking for the cheapest way to get that MK67 sound back. (I had 2 87's but sold them a while ago).
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Vision View Post

I have a new U67 and an older DIY 67 (Dany 'poctop' Bouchard's pcb, Max's transformer, Neumann capsule, Chinese body).

My old DU67 seems to have a problem, as the high-end feedback network no longer seems to be working (sounds more like my C800G now).

But I think I prefer the darker smoother tone of the my DU67 to the new 67 reissue. Given the fact that the MK67 is basically has the same components as my older DIY 67, I figure I may just purchase a MK67 kit for my new 67.

I'm just looking for the cheapest way to get that MK67 sound back. (I had 2 87's but sold them a while ago).
I'll swap my u87ai for your u67 reissue if that helps you.
Quote:

I am sure that this is the case - that the electronics are interchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgerarnold View Post
I'll swap my u87ai for your u67 reissue if that helps you.
Haha! I thought about offering that, too! But then again, I am pretty fine with the MK67 in reissue mode. And being able to use the U87Ai innards in case a client absolutely demands a U87 is valuable, too.
Quote:
).
This Sounds like a cap is crapping out or a solder joint has gone Bad or something minor like that...
Maybe it's worth to check through the pcb with a DMM!
Lives for gear

Yeah, just get it repaired. Could be something very simple. But even if it costs a couple of bucks, it's totally worth it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, the capsule head, body tube and screw cap are compatible TLM67, U87Ai, 67 original and reissue.
Working on the next batch during lockdown#2 - will be available early 2021.

Max
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

gone

Last edited by ma_ga; 5 days ago at 03:22 PM.. Reason: no longer available
📝 Reply