The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing the fabolous TLM67/U87 to U67 mod
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
I wish many of you who DM'd me would keep your comments and conversations here. You shouldn't be too nervous to share your opinion, its a forum.
absolutely - let me assure you and everyone that I never asked for any posts of this thread to be deleted - just FYI
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioaudio View Post
absolutely - let me assure you and everyone that I never asked for any posts of this thread to be deleted - just FYI
Def don’t think you would do such a thing
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

67 on this vocal is an easy choice for me over the 87.

I think I understand what you are saying; to be sure, do you mind clarifying this thought? "Given the history of attempts at the U67 I am still shocked at the results. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
not feeling well today so I thought I'd share an example of 87ai vs max mod w/ reissue 67 Neumann transformer. Not scientific, obviously, but you can hear the texture. I brought the input down on the 67 because it was 3-5 db louder than the 87ai. my thought process of selling the 67mod was it was annoying to keep swapping back and forth, and was gonna use the money to buy something else because I was content with the 87 except for the edgy highs. Now, I don't know if I should let it go anymore and maybe just find a capsule and new body for it, but that would involve spending more money on something that simply began as a geek project and only that. Given the history of attempts at the u67 I am still shocked at the results. Lemme know what you think.
I wish many of you who DM'd me would keep your comments and conversations here. You shouldn't be too nervous to share your opinion, its a forum. The neumann transformer definitely did solved the problem that many were experiencing. For some it wasn’t a problem. At the same time, shouts to max for even making this possible. Enjoy

zero processing on each except Lex224 when listed

Links consolidated +50 on both 87 and 67 and +45 on 67

https://we.tl/t-K8RxLfYIaM
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan View Post
67 on this vocal is an easy choice for me over the 87.

I think I understand what you are saying; to be sure, do you mind clarifying this thought? "Given the history of attempts at the U67 I am still shocked at the results. "
Yeah it’s killing

Im shocked that the 67 has finally been nailed

Listen again. I updated the files about 2 hours ago. This time I went all out with few articulations to try to get them closer. Still you can hear the authority with the 67 and how it finesses the highs. Really beautiful. Should also add that the 67 handles screaming better as well. If I can find a beatup 87 or tlm with a good enough capsule I’ll keep it. Beats 1500$ To have this in my lonely arsenal
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioaudio View Post
Hi Everyone,

This batch is now sold out.
I'm currently working on another project, but I'll be ordering parts for the next batch soon.
If you're interested, please let me know, preferably here in this thread.

Max
When will the next batch be available? Interested in a pair.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Sorry for the delay - I was waiting for two suppliers to get back to me.
Work has progressed quite a bit, but it appears that two parts are on backorder.
I have parts for 7 or 8 mods to complete, which I'll have available in approx 10 days.
The rest of the batch will follow later, once the missing parts are in.

-Max
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

I happened to have to opportunity to A/B the maxmod vs a vintage u67 this past week. When placed in the same position, this particular vintage one had less bass response and a good bit more high end response than the maxmod. But they sounded very much alike otherwise to me tonally and worked great as a stereo OH pair.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Unfortunately I'll have to delay the new batch since the tubes I intended to use turned out noisy.
I'll check with my suppliers and get back to you when I have news.

-Max

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search