The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VolumeShaper 4 Out Now!
Old 5th November 2014
Software VolumeShaper 4 Out Now!

We've just released VolumeShaper 4!

VolumeShaper lets you shape the levels of any audio signal in pinpoint detail.

From multiband sidechain compression effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping โ€” VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.

VolumeShaper features multiband waveform-based editing, a comprehensive selection of preset curves, a precise oscilloscope, a big spectrum view and an updated preset library. It runs sample-accurate in sync with your DAW, in Hz mode up to the audible range or retriggered via MIDI.

For more info and a fully functional demo, see: http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html
Old 5th November 2014
Lives for gear

Sweeeeeeeet @Jakob :-)

Gotta get try this one for sure, love the instant side-chain & the trimming section.. daaaamn should all sections hahah lol well thought off

Cheers
Old 5th November 2014
Gear Head

Looks awesome guys, love to see the multiband option.

Does this have a Sync Offset ala LFO tool? Thats a must in Ableton due to PDC issues
Old 5th November 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Edwards View Post
Looks awesome guys, love to see the multiband option.

Does this have a Sync Offset ala LFO tool? Thats a must in Ableton due to PDC issues
Yes, there's a workaround for Ableton's timing bug. See our FAQ page and search for "PDC": http://www.cableguys.de/faq.html
Old 5th November 2014
Lives for gear

This is seriously smart, and if you own V3 a no brainer price, seriously impressed Jakob.
Old 5th November 2014
Gear Addict

Multiband is nice !

I wonder, there is a gate on a plugin made by Variety of Sound that allows you to 'pre-open' the gate before the audio hits by an adjustable amount, i suppose it introduces a bit of latency to do it.
Is there a similar feature on Volumeshaper ?
Old 6th November 2014
Gear Addict

so whats the upgrade price for v3 owners?
Old 6th November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
so whats the upgrade price for v3 owners?
20$
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsdenis View Post
20$
Yes, and 15โ‚ฌ respectively.
Old 6th November 2014
Gear Addict

Still No AAX ? When ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqtion View Post
Still No AAX ? When ?
We're working on it, but there is no ETA yet.

You can subscribe to our newsletter or Facebook page to get informed on AAX release. Until then, we know that some users had good success using VST to AAX wrappers, but I propose to give it a try with VolumeShaper's free demo version first.
Gear Addict

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob /Cableguys View Post
We're working on it, but there is no ETA yet.

You can subscribe to our newsletter or Facebook page to get informed on AAX release. Until then, we know that some users had good success using VST to AAX wrappers, but I propose to give it a try with VolumeShaper's free demo version first.
Ok thanks!!
Old 8th November 2014
Lives for gear

i just bought this after demo-ing it for an evening......incredible tool, so useful
Old 8th November 2014
Gear Head

I think the plugin is great. Been a BIG fan since the Volumeshaper 3 was released.

What I'm missing in this new version ;

- 3 mix knobs that work for every multiband separately.
- The option to change the tempo for every multiband separately.

To me it makes a lot of sense to add these 2 things, with the new feature of multiband.
Old 8th November 2014
Gear Addict

Thank you Cableguyz for multiband. Now I don't need VMS. But I'm still missing a volume knob to compensate volume changes after "sidechaining"...
Old 9th November 2014
Lives for gear

Hey Cableguys, congratulations with the release! Will check it out soon!
Old 12th November 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayf View Post
I think the plugin is great. Been a BIG fan since the Volumeshaper 3 was released.

What I'm missing in this new version ;

- 3 mix knobs that work for every multiband separately.
- The option to change the tempo for every multiband separately.

To me it makes a lot of sense to add these 2 things, with the new feature of multiband.
Glad you like it! To the features: It's always hard to define a good mixture of simplicity vs. amount of features.

Right now we display the waveforms for the bands on top of each other. If the bands could have independent speed or mix settings, this display would not make so much sense any more.

For mix, what you can already do: Right-click in the waveform, choose "Select all" and shrink or expand the waveform.
Old 12th November 2014
aamzing plug, got the license.
but i still prefer Vengenace MBS and that's why:
1) no output volume control - when you use the plugin volume decreases (subjectively).
2) filters sounds bad. i like 6 dB more and it still affects the sound in a bad way (in comparison with MBS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
aamzing plug, got the license.
but i still prefer Vengenace MBS and that's why:
1) no output volume control - when you use the plugin volume decreases (subjectively).
2) filters sounds bad. i like 6 dB more and it still affects the sound in a bad way (in comparison with MBS)
Filter? What did I miss? Do you mean the cross over filter? If yes, how do they sound bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Filter? What did I miss? Do you mean the cross over filter? If yes, how do they sound bad?
yes. i've told about bands crossover filter and i hear how it "works" even in EDM mix.
Quote:
yes. i've told about bands crossover filter and i hear how it "works" even in EDM mix.
And how do they "work"? Would you mind explaining us in detail, please?

I will demo it myself before buy. But your explanation will help me when critically listening, then deciding.
Quote:
And how do they "work"? Would you mind explaining us in detail, please?

I will demo it myself before buy. But your explanation will help me when critically listening, then deciding.
cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS - YouTube

1) 6 dB sounds clearer than 12 dB. Anyway MBS sounds sweeter @ digital setting. steep setting in MBS sounds like Volumeshaper 4 6 dB mode. IMHO )

2) also i've notice a little click in every start of the loop.
Lives for gear

Quote:
cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS - YouTube

1) 6 dB sounds clearer than 12 dB. Anyway MBS sounds sweeter @ digital setting. steep setting in MBS sounds like Volumeshaper 4 6 dB mode. IMHO )

2) also i've notice a little click in every start of the loop.
In your video I hear the click in both cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS, however it's much softer in vengeance MBS. What happens in cableguys volumeshaper 4 if you adjust the last point on the right, moving it a bit to the left and effectively smoothing each cycle?

Vengeance MBS does seem to sound a bit better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll View Post
In your video I hear the click in both cableguys volumeshaper 4 VS vengeance MBS, however it's much softer in vengeance MBS. What happens in cableguys volumeshaper 4 if you adjust the last point on the right, moving it a bit to the left and effectively smoothing each cycle?

Vengeance MBS does seem to sound a bit better.
MBS sounds LOUDER (notice output volume) )))) so YOU ARE RIGHT ))

clicks doesn't disappear when changing starting points in Volumeshaper.
and in MBS there is an option to prevent clicks (in percent) - it is enabled in this vid (and always in my mixes)
Old 13th November 2014
Thanks for the demo video. Although I listened/watched it over some very crappy headphones, there is a difference in the filter. You can hear the especially when moving up and down. MBS seems to sound a little more neutral, VS with a little more resonance or so.

The volume difference doesn't matter. To A/B stuff you should anyway compensate for that, or you will always fall for the louder And you can always add a gain after any plugin. Anyway a modern plugin should have ALWAYS an out gain.

The main reason I'm not sure to buy VS4 is, because I think I can handle MB-sidechaining with my Fabfilter ProMB (normal sidechaining I do with ProC), that I used very rarely until now for SC. Most of the time, when I needed the low end pumping hard, and the top not pumping at all, I just copied the track. That gives me much more possibilities to further tweak the two tracks independently, e.g. low end keep mono, where the top gets a nice wide stereo chorus, etc.

Therefor 140 bucks for MBS is way too much for me. It wouldn't be worth the money, for the way I work.
Old 13th November 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Thanks for the demo video. Although I listened/watched it over some very crappy headphones, there is a difference in the filter. You can hear the especially when moving up and down. MBS seems to sound a little more neutral, VS with a little more resonance or so.

The volume difference doesn't matter. To A/B stuff you should anyway compensate for that, or you will always fall for the louder And you can always add a gain after any plugin. Anyway a modern plugin should have ALWAYS an out gain.

The main reason I'm not sure to buy VS4 is, because I think I can handle MB-sidechaining with my Fabfilter ProMB (normal sidechaining I do with ProC), that I used very rarely until now for SC. Most of the time, when I needed the low end pumping hard, and the top not pumping at all, I just copied the track. That gives me much more possibilities to further tweak the two tracks independently, e.g. low end keep mono, where the top gets a nice wide stereo chorus, etc.

Therefor 140 bucks for MBS is way too much for me. It wouldn't be worth the money, for the way I work.
I use MBS about 2 years now and it worth every penny. At this moment i am not planning to get any Vengeance plugins because of bugs and slow fixes of the bugs.
Si i recomend you to get VS. I already connect with Jacob from Cableguys and i hope he will fix it very soon!
40$ is no brainer for me.
Quote:
I use MBS about 2 years now and it worth every penny. At this moment i am not planning to get any Vengeance plugins because of bugs and slow fixes of the bugs.
Si i recomend you to get VS. I already connect with Jacob from Cableguys and i hope he will fix it very soon!
40$ is no brainer for me.
40 bucks are a no brainer, IF I'm going to use it
Quote:
40 bucks are a no brainer, IF I'm going to use it
If you mix rhythmic music you will need it for sure. I use multiband sidechain even in rock mixes.
Quote:
If you mix rhythmic music you will need it for sure. I use multiband sidechain even in rock mixes.
Nope, what I need is sidechain compression. Not Volume Shaper, nor Vengeance per se. That's a difference.

A single compressor can do the trick too. If you need to split bands, you can do that in every DAW easily.

If I need to shape the ducking curve, I just tweak the trigger sound.

Of course in my case I miss the visuals, but then we are mixing, not painting
Quote:
If you need to split bands, you can do that in every DAW easily.
Easily?! How in cubase? In reaper it is by internal plugins but not so easy and fast as it should be.
๐Ÿ“ Reply