The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES LA: Antelope Satori Monitor Controller & Summing
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
About a year ago I asked Antelope support chat when they were going to fix this bug. The reply was “ASAP!”.

What a joke...

I never had an issue minimizing.

Could anyone enlighten me on why they would pick 110Hz as the cutoff? When using my Adam Audio Sub8 it recommends 85Hz. I always felt it took too much of the power away from the kick. I try to request a support to see if they could make an 85Hz cutoff, but they suggested it may be hardware related and not something that can be added via software. This is my only gripe with it. I'd like to control the cutoff point or at least have various points to control. Great unit and haven't found one that I'd replace it with.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigdagod View Post
I never had an issue minimizing.
What system are you on? PC?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
What system are you on? PC?
Yes
Old 3 weeks ago
That's a great point about the 110hz crossover. My sub has a built in sweepable crossover and I keep it at 80hz. I don't recall why, I may have read something and forgot. But I like my monitors a lot and they go down to 45hz, I think I just wanted the sub to cover what they don't, plus a bit more to keep them from straining?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes
I’m on OSX. So apparently it’s just on Mac that it doesn’t work. Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
That's a great point about the 110hz crossover. My sub has a built in sweepable crossover and I keep it at 80hz. I don't recall why, I may have read something and forgot. But I like my monitors a lot and they go down to 45hz, I think I just wanted the sub to cover what they don't, plus a bit more to keep them from straining?
My sub has a built in sweepable crossover as well, I liked being able to use the on/off for the sub with the Satori so I didn't want to put my monitors down to 85 Hz and I feel like that's a big gap to have the sub make up those frequencies. Maybe I'm overthinking it too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
My sub has a built in sweepable crossover as well, I liked being able to use the on/off for the sub with the Satori so I didn't want to put my monitors down to 85 Hz and I feel like that's a big gap to have the sub make up those frequencies. Maybe I'm overthinking it too.
Is there a question of losing directionality at 110hz? I honestly don't know. I did a search and a lot of the home theater system makers reccomend 80hz, I guess that's where I got it. At what point does it all become less mono though? Maybe Antelope knows something that we don't?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
Is there a question of losing directionality at 110hz? I honestly don't know. I did a search and a lot of the home theater system makers reccomend 80hz, I guess that's where I got it. At what point does it all become less mono though? Maybe Antelope knows something that we don't?
No question of that, but for me when mixing with/without the bass I feel like it's cutting too many of the kick frequencies from the monitors if cutoff is set to 110 Hz. Maybe they do and that's why I emailed them to get an answer, but didn't get one that answered my question.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hey guys,
I finally bought one for my studio, and am experiencing something unexpected.
when using the remote mic talkback, i have to wait for 2 good seconds between the moment i press the tb button and the moment my voice is actually heard.
anyone experiencing the same issue ? any workaround ?

thanks !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Typical rule of thumb is that you set the sub crossover somewhere within the lowest octave of the range of your stereo pair. So if your monitors go down to 45 Hz, the last octave is 45 to 90 Hz, so the midpoint will be somewhere around 68.5 Hz. (It's actually more like 63 Hz if you're doing a true half-octave, but I'm keeping the math simple here.)

Personally, I've always inched it up a bit from that guideline, because I value the benefit of using the sub making the stereo pair more efficient, relieving it a huge amount of its energy load. So I probably would have ended up around 75-80 Hz.

110 definitely seems excessive to me. I don't think I'd trust it unless it was part of a proprietary 2.1 system.

JSL
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedd View Post
any workaround ?
The workaround is, you don't buy stuff from unreliable companies that make unreliable products.

Nobody who's followed this thread should be confused about that.

JSL
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
The workaround is, you don't buy stuff from unreliable companies that make unreliable products.

JSL
ahah what a useful answer
Anything a bit more useable considering i already own (and won't sell) it ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post

JSL
Anyone following the thread would be completely confused -- rightfully so -- because Antelope makes great sounding stuff, and their products pack a lot of bang-for-the-buck, and some fill a hole in a product genre where no other company is filling, and these products work fine for *most* people, but for those who are unlucky it's a plain awful experience. That's not cut-and-dry by any means because you don't know in advance of purchase which side of the street you'd be on if you brought the product home. You expect to buy something, then get support if/when there's an issue, but even the degree of support is impossible to predict. The Satori is the best option for many people, and for us it was far and away the superior option, but is it worth rolling the dice? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's worthy of discussion.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search