The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IRCAM TS, A Powerful Sound Transformation App for Win & Mac
Old 20th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmetcalf View Post
Don't call me a liar, Nick. The heading on IRCAM's download page says "Public Betas / Download TS2 for MacOSX". This is a public place and people may go looking for info on this product. AND "most likely" doesn't mean it's the final version. You need to back off here, Nick. People like me have been told this was coming for almost 5 YEARS! Can you understand why I have the attitude I do?
We made the download link available in the "beta section" of our download manager simply because that is the ONLY way to keep it private. ONLY previous owners have access to it at this time. And it is the final candidat release as stated in the post I wrote yesterday (see above).

There might be a 2.0.7 version as we officially launch on March 3 considering the very constructive feedback we've been receiving from users these past hours.

Let's keep it there Ok? And enjoy the new software you got for FREE !!!

Thanks,
Old 20th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
What's New in TS2 :

• Loop and Tempo Calculator

[/I]
I could not believe, that this product came back to live !
Looks very nice and sounds very good. Just like TS1 a few years ago. BUT:
When I bought it in 2014, I bought it for one reason: to bring my loops / soundfiles in a high quality to a different bpm / time. In September 2014 Nick Hamilton wrote:

"The adjustments by BPM has already been listed in the improvements as well as by increments of seconds, especially for those people working in Post who need a 30 sec spot to be shrunk to 28 sec."

I cannot find this functionality !

or what does Loop and Tempo calculator mean ?

I was hoping for a tool, which tells me the exact tempo of my loop and then let's my type a new tempo in a box. Enter, done - export.

btw, I also tried to export some loops, but somehow, they all come out shorter than the looped region...
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
When I bought it in 2014, I bought it for one reason: to bring my loops / soundfiles in a high quality to a different bpm / time. In September 2014 Nick Hamilton wrote:

"The adjustments by BPM has already been listed in the improvements as well as by increments of seconds, especially for those people working in Post who need a 30 sec spot to be shrunk to 28 sec."

I was hoping for a tool, which tells me the exact tempo of my loop and then let's my type a new tempo in a box. Enter, done - export.

btw, I also tried to export some loops, but somehow, they all come out shorter than the looped region...
I haven’t updated yet, but I also requested the BPM functionality and the ability to edit tempo on a tempo grid for tempo changes as well as seconds.
I am sure that this will have been a very popular request when we were asked for our suggestions way back when.
I will be very disappointed if they ignored it.
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmetcalf View Post
Don't call me a liar, Nick. The heading on IRCAM's download page says "Public Betas / Download TS2 for MacOSX". This is a public place and people may go looking for info on this product. AND "most likely" doesn't mean it's the final version. You need to back off here, Nick. People like me have been told this was coming for almost 5 YEARS! Can you understand why I have the attitude I do?
Don't know why you keep calling me Nick (which is my colleague at DontCrack) but it's Ok.

You made your point...

Thank you !

Cheers,
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post

Hi kosi,

You are absolutely right !

We talked to the folks at ircam yesterday about the tempo detector and we asked them to implement that ASAP.

It should see the day quickly from what they said...

We'll follow-up on that with the team at Plugivery.

Thank you for the useful comment.

Cheers,
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I haven’t updated yet, but I also requested the BPM functionality and the ability to edit tempo on a tempo grid for tempo changes as well as seconds.
I am sure that this will have been a very popular request when we were asked for our suggestions way back when.
I will be very disappointed if they ignored it.
Thank you Zyzygis,

As stated above, the BPM detector is on the todo list with high priority !

They won't ignore it IMHO.

Thanks,
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stramp View Post
Okay, I'll weigh back in on this a little. While I'm very appreciative this is finally back, I think DC should take whatever they get with grace.

First of all it's not "free," we already paid for most of it... somewhere between $29 as I recall (or was it $19?) and whatever the high was.

I think I got in at $49 and like $19 or $29 for The Snail last summer or the summer before... both fair calculated dice rolls of supporting IL/DC and the gamble of their future development and support of the products (bought The Snail iOS app, too).

We won compared to if nothing ever happened. Honestly, I'd have gladly chipped in some for the upgrade if it hadn't all been such a flakefest (to be expected with commercial dev. coming out of even the finest academic efforts... think GRM, Soundhack, etc. (no offense... particularly to Tom)).

DC has had their, uh... moments, too. Let's give them a chance and see if they follow through this time, or "drop it like it's hot" before featured and stable, not to mention with continuing support for OS compatability and the like.

I'm still getting a kick out of this in the email (which kind of proves my point):

"Please help us by keeping this information strictly confidential until the official release, March 3rd, 2020."

Then they come here not even hours later and basically post the whole email less that. Could be a DC vs. IL thing, I suppose.

Anyway, that's my take today. I deleted the long message I kept adding to as I was stumped on so much and had to persevere to figure it out on my own. I'm no stranger to either.

The plug-in scanning is not ready for primetime. Please make it like SigMod is now where you can try to load any plug-in without scanning and it either works or it doesn't.

I have enough options to find something that will work in whatever category. As it stands, I can't load a single plug-in, and it nearly burned up my MBP failing to complete a scan multiple times of hundreds of legit plug-ins (many from DC and/or plugwhatevery).

Also, if you really want people to use it as a general purpose editor, it's got to be a work in progress, and incorporate at least some user workflow suggestions.

This message will likely self-destruct in 24 to 72 hours.
Thank you Stramp, I hear you...

We've listed user comments that includes :

Ameliorating the VST scan functionality.
BPM Detection
Multi channel options

We will be with the folks at ircam next week to let them know about the feedback we received from the users. That was the point sending a pre-release before the official launch.

Thank you all for the great comments posted above. I hope we will have new versions soon that reflect what users expect from such software which we fully support.

Thank you on behalf of the team at DontCrack/Plugivery
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Head

Hi DC/IRCAM..

You won't hear me complaining about this impressive free update! It isn't the meat and potatoes of my day-to-day work but I do love it for analysing and performing un-noticable pitch and time adjustments on particular material. And now with all the automation tools, I'm like a pig in mud

You've already addressed someone else's complaint about the VST scan time, so I hope there is an easy solution for the coders. I'd love to add more FFT plugin strangeness to the chain of strangeness.

I do have one Feature Request - larger stretch-times? V1 had the *100 button next to the stretch slider. I know this product isn't trying to be anything like the famous PaulStretch (updated by the genius Xenakios) but longer than 4x stretch would be glorious! Both creatively and, possibly, forensically? I absolutely understand the current limits (4x = 24 semitones up, 0.25x = 24 semitones down) but please extend them

I've experienced a couple of GUI bugs; where should I report these?

thanks
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Zyzygis,

Thanks,
That’s great, thanks!
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear
Thanks! This is great news!

Just found the email! Thanks
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Zyzygis,

Thanks,
This still feels a little bit like a deja vu
Old 22nd February 2020
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
We've listed user comments that includes :

Ameliorating the VST scan functionality.
BPM Detection
Multi channel options
Please don't forget the multi monitor problem. When I detach the Master, Automation etc. frames from the left side and place it on another monitor they don't stay there the next time I start TS. I have to detach and relocate them every time ... that's a bit annoying.

And TS just crashed while insert a mp3 file - other mp3 files work.

German keyboard is not compatible with Zoom in and out keycommands. I just can Zoom out, not in. Plus and minus on the numeric field not working with CMD for zooming at all.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have the software TS - like it, but have not received an email, checked the spam, nope, no e-mail! However recieved the advertisement for the limiter, hmmm....
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
I have the software TS - like it, but have not received an email, checked the spam, nope, no e-mail! However recieved the advertisement for the limiter, hmmm....
Which limiter?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Although I do appreciate the UD and I know it's been mentioned before but Tempo Recognition is a must. Even zPlane's DeCoda does those types of adjustments and sounds passable on a Full Mix. TS has superior sound quality and hope this feature is implemented soon (I thought that was the reason it was being UD'd in the first place).

atb,
kjb

Last edited by acmusic; 4 weeks ago at 08:30 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Which limiter?
sorry of course, no limiter, was a different company. But I certainly have TS and like it to treat vocals and will update soon, but have not received any emails. IS it still beta???
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
sorry of course, no limiter, was a different company. But I certainly have TS and like it to treat vocals and will update soon, but have not received any emails. IS it still beta???
I could not find the email at first. It came from an email address I didn’t expect:

press at plugivery dot com

Maybe you will find it if you search for that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search