Here we go lads.

NI Traktor Kontrol S8.

...the leak cannot be stopped...price
Old 19th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
...the leak cannot be stopped...price
My sources tell me it will be 1199 € (vat inclusive) and that NI will officially announce this on the 29th this month (september 2014).
Old 21st September 2014
Lives for gear

1200€?! Dude, that's crazy expensive.. What about Traktor Pro 3? Does your source know it they will release it with the S8?
Old 21st September 2014
Lives for gear

I for one will not be upgrading.

1200 euros or 1700 Ozzie dollars is a f&$ing joke.

I will immediately sell my S4 and never return to the NI fold except for Maschine.

Even Komplete has gotten too expensive.

Cheers
Old 21st September 2014
Gear Maniac

Cmon guys.....back to the analogic.....sweat and learn.....sync is for kids and the dj world is changing.
Best
Old 21st September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I for one will not be upgrading.

1200 euros or 1700 Ozzie dollars is a f&$ing joke.

I will immediately sell my S4 and never return to the NI fold except for Maschine.

Even Komplete has gotten too expensive.

Cheers
What do you mean, Komplete 10 is under half the price I paid for my Komplete 5 years ago. This aint true...
Old 21st September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate View Post
1200€?! Dude, that's crazy expensive.. What about Traktor Pro 3? Does your source know it they will release it with the S8?
If you think about Maschine Studio's RRP, its not that crazy. And this controller is more expensive to manufacture than MS, so its about right.

There's a chance, just by looking at the specs, it also will work as a stand-alone mixer so that will justify even more its premium price.

Also for the first time, the main faders' and cross fader module will be replaceable (look at the front panel screws in it), so yeah, this is not a "toy" and as such it wont cost like one.

Last but not least, it will probably work out of the box with traktor DJ on the ipad and even on the iphone so it will be much better to go into the booth with just this and an iphone (put aside) and only looking at the controller and not at a damn laptop screen. just like if it was a CDJ2000 setup, but only so much better than that.
Old 22nd September 2014
Old 22nd September 2014
Gear Head

And the price lunacy continues. I figured around 1000€ but still 200 more? wow! U.S. Citiziens will probably as always get NIs 1:1 exchange rate. It's like NI is producting concept cars to show whats possible but then does what no carmaker would do: put it into production and stick an enourmos pricetag on it.

Well.. hopefully one might now get hand on a cheap S4
Old 22nd September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well.. hopefully one might now get hand on a cheap S4
If you live in Australia you can have mine complete with case.

I would of been quite happy to trade mine at a fair price and buy/ update to the newer S8 but not at that price.

NI are getting plain greedy in my books.

Sure enough its not like S4 doesnt still work but sooner or later it will be phased out with drivers and support.

Looking forward to the new Korg Electribe.

Even though I owned the S4 my background was never in Dj ing.

Cheers
Old 12th October 2014
Here for the gear

Here is the price (EUR 1149) and description in german

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yiisrgeph...43257.JPG?dl=0
Old 15th October 2014
Here for the gear

I'm not seeing that it comes with Traktor Pro anywhere? Only Scratch?
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Is ist allowed in a thread like this to say Traktor software still sounds like a**? Thank you. I mean, did you hear those filters in the Trailer? You can't be serious...
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Yeah, the filters in Traktor always sounded quite so-so. And according to NI, the S8 will have the same filter section as the Z2, so no improvements there.. IMO Traktor sounds aight otherwise (as long as the source is good quality)
Old 22nd October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Even though I owned the S4 my background was never in Dj ing.
After a bit more research I am going to put my money where my mouth is.

I lambasted NI for their pricing structure but now I can see where they are going with this
by ditching the jog wheels and adding a few others.

it has become a live electronic performance instrument in its own right.

As one other poster on another forum has stated that Traktor essentially gives you a dedicated performance-oriented hardware interface in front of something that is in effect a simplified version of Ableton (a fully featured synced loop sampler). You can run 4 sample decks and have 16 stereo tracks of audio in perfect sync, with multiple scenes and dedicated controls. In some ways, it beats the Push as a performance interface too - no paging or modes.

On top of that I can play along with my hardware synths and hopefully a little bit better integration with Maschine Studio.

So, what can I do with a 16 track loop sampler with filters, EQ, and effects - that also lets me seamlessly go from playing live mixes of my own stems & loops to fully mixed tracks, lets me sample and loop live, and has almost a one-control-per-function interface? And midi sync in and out too.

I still havent sold my S4 as of yet but who knows maybe they can integrate together.

At 1199 USD it is still price and feature competitive to other DAW and controller together like Live and Push.

Dropped some hard earned today with Sweetwater so should be ready to ship around early November.....birthday time.

Cheers
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear