The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iZotope announces RX 4 & RX 4 Advanced
Old 7th August 2014
Software iZotope announces RX 4 & RX 4 Advanced

Quote:
Coming Soon: RX 4 & RX 4 Advanced | Audio Repair Software

Building on iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning audio repair software, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

RX4/ RX4 Advanced coming in Sept!

The next generation of an industry standard

iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Musicians, audio engineers, and post production professionals all use RX to transform noisy, distorted, or flawed audio into pristine material.

Launching this September, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host. Highlights include:

Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.

Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).

RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.

For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 boasts additional time-saving features. Reliably deliver great-sounding results with new tools like:

Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.

EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.

https://www.izotope.com/rx4
Old 11th September 2014
it's out!

Old 11th September 2014
Here for the gear

Operating system requirements:

Windows: 7 and 8
Mac: OS X 10.7 or later (Intel only)
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear
Mmmm, can't find upgrade pricing on their site. (RX3 Advanced to RX4 Advanced)
Old 11th September 2014
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear
I'm in... I'd just like to know how much $$
Old 11th September 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Mmmm, can't find upgrade pricing on their site. (RX3 Advanced to RX4 Advanced)
Log in to your account and click the upgrade coupons tab. It should be a $299 upgrade for RX3 Adv to RX4 Adv.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

I will stay with RX3 Advanced. My opinion is that Izotope's pricing is way off. Users of RX3 Advanced have to pay as much for an upgrade as new users of regular version (when new users of regular RX4 gain dialogue denoiser). Taking into account a short life span of RX3, which got updated to RX4 in basically a year, I resist to support such activities from a company. It looks like Breaktweaket didn't bring enough income, so Izotope needed to quickly update their premium product to compensate their loss.

No way, 150USD would be upper limit for an upgrade IMHO, but 299USD is simply a robbery.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear
Just bought it... the "Send Back" button is worth the price alone IMO
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

They look like good features for post-production – but as I'm not doing that, it's not an upgrade that makes sense for me.
Old 11th September 2014
Gear Addict
$300 for a yearly update is NOT acceptable, sorry
Old 11th September 2014
Here for the gear

It looks like Breaktweaket didn't bring enough income, so Izotope needed to quickly update their premium product to compensate their loss.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

While I am tied to bed last few weeks and can only read about new features, they definitely seem like really usefull ones and they further improve the already superb product.

But what is too much is too much. Update shouldn't cost as much as buying a new regular RX4 and even after I start working again, Izotope won't see my money this time...not because product wouldn't be worth it, but because their price policy for their loyal customers shows their greed.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
...not because product wouldn't be worth it, but because their price policy for their loyal customers shows their greed.
I've been noticing this for several years now, and I've been surprised no one ever mentioned it black on white like this before. I've been with them since Ozone 1 and they've not only been creeping prices up over the years, they've also become more corporate and remote. These days they feel cold, calculating and cash-driven. There's no real loyalty; products are dropped without notice, and no crossgrade to newer products are offered. I'm also turned off by their behavior.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

I'll pass on this, 300 bucks from 3->4 Advanced for features I don't really need, no thank you.
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

I believe upgrade price from RX2 Advanced to RX3 Advanced wasn't any lower as far as I remember, but at least there were I believe almost three years in between, definitely enogh time to calculate the upkeep costs which were in that case 100USD/year. With RX4 they rose to 299USD/year which is imho not acceptable. I have Ozone 5 Advanced, Alloy 2, RX3 Advanced, Trash 2. According to Izotope's behaviour I will need almost 1000USD per year, to be updated with Izotope's product. If I add in Waves WUP (which I am never complaining about, since it always brings me new toys and superb support), Avid PT skyrocket upgrade prices...one can easily end up with upkeep costs above 1500 USD per year to be up to date with its software.

Even hardware maintenance was never even nearly that high in my case.
Old 11th September 2014
Here for the gear
Just posted in the moan zone on the subject. I also think their upgrade policy is unsustainable, I sent them a mail complaining about this and their response was exactly that, corporate, cold. Sounded like "we don't need your business, you need us to be a real guy".

I started with Ozone 2 and paid every time. RX2 and up to RX3 advanced, and that was a few months ago. I spent a lot of money on their software, and some of their "improvements and new features" (read dereverb) only work well in video tutorials. I wonder why.

Maybe they should have left BT alone, and keep their upgrade prices reasonable.
Old 11th September 2014
Gear Maniac

RX2 is working for me fine still...
Old 11th September 2014
Lives for gear

I upgraded from V2 to V3 right when it came out. Seems like that was just yesterday. Now they want WHAT for V4???? Holy bloody hell, no you'll not steal from me! Rx3 is working juuuust fine thank you very much.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

Got RX3 last year on the Recording Academy deal this upgrade is priced way too high....
Old 12th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertone View Post
I've been noticing this for several years now, and I've been surprised no one ever mentioned it black on white like this before. I've been with them since Ozone 1 and they've not only been creeping prices up over the years, they've also become more corporate and remote. These days they feel cold, calculating and cash-driven. There's no real loyalty; products are dropped without notice, and no crossgrade to newer products are offered. I'm also turned off by their behavior.
I'm sorry....the price of everything is going up. As for loyalty, I have several of their products so I'm certain you have info but what have they dropped without notice?

As for RX4 Advanced. I had bought it one day prior to their original August 9th and forward free upgrade. Shot them a email, they immediately said I'd get the free upgrade and had also decided to make it retro to July 1st. This certainly isn't something most companies would do.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

I'm not sure where people are getting the $300 upgrade from. Is that for RX3 Advanced to RX4 Advanced?

I owned RX3 (standard) and was able to upgrade to RX4 (standard) for $99 on the iZotope site. You have to search a bit for the "upgrade coupon".

The added Dialogue Denoiser to the standard version of RX4 is worth the $99 upgrade price alone in my opinion.

The GUI improvements and overall performance improvements are also welcomed.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

I'm confused about this line in the above link…

"Spectral Repair plugin is now discontinued and replaced by RX Connect that captures your audio and sends it to the RX app and back"

How does sending audio back and forth to RX replace the functions of Spectral Repair, which was PART of RX?

Overall, I don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from RX3… Also seems bogus that the RT Pitch shift algorithm is an add-on option. I bought their radius pitch algorithm years ago to work with Logic, but it's been incompatible for the last couple years. So now I have to pay for it again, over and above the cost of RX? Grrrr.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

RX Connect allows you to use Spectral Repair module inside the app. The app will open automatically from your DAW by Connect.

Radius RT is included in RX 4 Advanced, just like the old (full-quality) Radius. It is one of 3 available time/pitch scaling modes.
Old 12th September 2014
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
I'm sorry....the price of everything is going up. As for loyalty, I have several of their products so I'm certain you have info but what have they dropped without notice?

As for RX4 Advanced. I had bought it one day prior to their original August 9th and forward free upgrade. Shot them a email, they immediately said I'd get the free upgrade and had also decided to make it retro to July 1st. This certainly isn't something most companies would do.
That is something everybody would do. Otherwise you would be ranting about it.
Old 12th September 2014
Just upgraded from RX3 Standard to RX4 Advanced via my AudioDeluxe account for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Upgraded from 3 to 4, upgraded from Standard to Advanced, and get the Insight meter suite thrown in. With the current offer coupon it's a really good deal, I think.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperkinski View Post
I'm not sure where people are getting the $300 upgrade from. Is that for RX3 Advanced to RX4 Advanced?

I owned RX3 (standard) and was able to upgrade to RX4 (standard) for $99 on the iZotope site. You have to search a bit for the "upgrade coupon".

The added Dialogue Denoiser to the standard version of RX4 is worth the $99 upgrade price alone in my opinion.

The GUI improvements and overall performance improvements are also welcomed.
The advanced version, yes. I've only seen reports of $300 for the upgrade. After having V3 for about a year I'm in no hurry to drop another stash o' cash for this, unless someone can reveal why it's worth it over V3. And what's to prevent Izotope from releasing V5 in a year w/ another $300 upgrade price? They just did it so none of us can say that it would NOT happen again.

Nah, V3 (even V2) works very well, and I don't see anything in the V4 spec sheet which earns $300.
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
Just upgraded from RX3 Standard to RX4 Advanced via my AudioDeluxe account for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Upgraded from 3 to 4, upgraded from Standard to Advanced, and get the Insight meter suite thrown in. With the current offer coupon it's a really good deal, I think.
Ballpark $$ you paid?
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Ballpark $$ you paid?
The upgrade from RX3 Standard to RX4 Advanced is $499 on the iZotope site using the coupon provided in your iZotope account if you own RX3 Standard.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search