The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iZotope announces RX 4 & RX 4 Advanced
Old 12th September 2014
Lives for gear

Just bought RX3 a few months ago and not too happy about the upgrade price. Guess I'll be hanging on to v3 for a little while...
Old 12th September 2014
Gear Addict

Izotope should release RX4 Intermediate with a list price of about $750 or $800. I think it would result in a net increase in revenue for them because upgrades from the basic product would more than offset lost sales of the advanced product.

They could take a poll of users on Survey Monkey (or any other polling service) to decide what features from RX4 Advanced to include and exclude.

I currently have RX3 (non-advanced) and feel caught in the middle. I need (okay, okay, want would be more accurate) more than RX3 and RX4. And the current discounts on upgrades make $100 for RX4 a bad deal if you think you are ever going to upgrade to RX4 Advanced in the future. But I just can't spend another $500 on restoration tools.

Last edited by rrichard63; 12th September 2014 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: fix error
Old 12th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll View Post
The upgrade from RX3 Standard to RX4 Advanced is $499 on the iZotope site using the coupon provided in your iZotope account if you own RX3 Standard.
And knock a tiny bit more off if you buy via AudioDeluxe.
Old 12th September 2014
Gear Addict

And I thought they just released RX3
Old 13th September 2014
The Clip Gain & Leveler is amazing and fast. It will save me a lot of time as I do a lot of post production. I see it as a good tool prior to compression as well. For me the upgrade is a must. I will recoup the cost on my first job.
Old 13th September 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by detone View Post
Operating system requirements:

Windows: 7 and 8
Mac: OS X 10.7 or later (Intel only)
While that's what's officially supported, I assume, I've been running it in 10.6.8 just fine. The only hickup with it with was connect, which as of last week now works flawlessly. Honestly that feature alone is worth the upgrade to me. I'm in protools, so having the ability to send a region out to rx, process with an au/vst (and whatever else) and pop it back in super fast is amazing.
Old 13th September 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlange View Post
While that's what's officially supported, I assume, I've been running it in 10.6.8 just fine. The only hickup with it with was connect, which as of last week now works flawlessly.
Good to know. Thanks.
What version of Pro Tools are you using?

I was wondering if the combo 10.6.8. and PT8 would run flawlessly...
Old 13th September 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by detone View Post
Good to know. Thanks.
What version of Pro Tools are you using?

I was wondering if the combo 10.6.8. and PT8 would run flawlessly...
I'm on 10.3.9. I can't comment on anything earlier than that unfortunately.
Old 13th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
And I thought they just released RX3
Painfully true!
Old 14th September 2014
Gear Addict

Is there any other product than RX4 that is comparable? I have some dialog editing work coming up shortly and wondered if there were other solutions either cheaper or more expensive.
Old 14th September 2014
Lives for gear

This one is on sale over at JRRshop.com for just under $56.-
Use the code : group.

Fantastic deal !

I already got the RX3 Advanced, but I picked up this one as well.
Can't go wrong with that price, and Mike T's review was very nice too ...

G
Old 14th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post

Fantastic deal !

G
Thanks guys for the info. Since you own both, do you think this Acon package will do most of what RX3 can do, in regards to dialog cleanup? I have SPL De-verb which I already use a lot when mixing music.
Old 17th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
Just upgraded from RX3 Standard to RX4 Advanced via my AudioDeluxe account for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Upgraded from 3 to 4, upgraded from Standard to Advanced, and get the Insight meter suite thrown in. With the current offer coupon it's a really good deal, I think.
Thanks for the heads up on AudioDeluxe. I just upgraded from RX3 Advanced to RX4 Advanced and saved a little bit through them.
Old 18th September 2014
Lives for gear

I bit the bullet and upgraded from RX2 standard to RX4 advanced.....WHAT THE HELL DID I WAIT FOR!!!! This thing is incredible!!! I am knee deep in a project that is a children's CD with a lot of kids singing on it. Needless to say, it needs a lot of help since it was crazy tracking all these little ones, they can be noisy!!!

Any way, this thing is just awesome!! I am enjoying the learning so much and its so much nicer graphically than RX 2. If you have the cash get this!!
Old 18th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy7 View Post
...and its so much nicer graphically than RX 2. If you have the cash get this!!
I wonder why they had that ugly "hardware look" in the first place. They matured a lot since regarding the GUI, hopefully they will also mature regarding upgrading prices and cycles

::
Mads
Old 20th September 2014
Lives for gear

Mighty good software though, gotta say. I finally upgraded from RX1 to RX4 (not advanced). It was super cheap, I don't know why those upgrades for the regular version are so reasonable and the Advanced ones are so expensive.

Anyway, I've been using Sonic Soundblade Declick for a few years, and this is just as good/better in that its more flexible. Really great software.
Old 4th October 2014
Lives for gear

Anybody else having trouble with the standalone app on a Mac? Keep getting freezes and error messages.
Old 4th October 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post

Fantastic deal !

G
Thanks Gemylon, I picked up Acon Digital Restoration Suite 1.5 for $56 and it's really good. I had a vocal with a lot of noise on the track and it worked really well. For usage in conjunction with a noise gate for other tracks it's nice.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search