The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor DAW Software
Old 2nd August 2014
Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor

Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.

Features:
  • 5 bands parallel equalizer with auto-gain.
  • Optional high-pass and low-pass filters.
  • Full-band frequency dependent and/or split-band compression.
  • Side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
  • Third-octave real-time spectrum analysis.
  • External side-chain support.
  • 64-bit internal processing.
  • Hardcore UI style.

Download here!

Disclaimer: I'm not related in any way to the developer - just passing the word.
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear
Vladg Lim6 is hands down one of the best plugin ever made,
I've been saying it since the day he released it.
Def giving this a shot (and looking forward a new GUI as well lol)
Old 2nd August 2014
I can hardly believe how awesome this plugin is.
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear

AAX?
Old 2nd August 2014
Gotta try this!!! going on hols tomorrow so will have to wait.
Old 2nd August 2014
Gear Maniac

Whaaaat?!

Downloading...
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
I can hardly believe how awesome this plugin is.
Please describe the awesomeness Is it more awesomeer than the HOFA dynamic EQ?
Old 2nd August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Not familiar with the HOFA, but I am familiar with Voxengo's Gliss EQ and Melda's Dynamic EQs. This is definitely on the same ballpark in terms of overall quality, but I think Vlad has something really special going on here. Their previous developments for SlickEQ likely helped him a lot, and Vlad has a background on dynamic processors (Molot/Limiter6), so it seems like it all came together.

There are a few things to be ironed out of course, a few bugs to squash and IMHO it needs some interface refinement. BTW, there are some nice Limiter6 interface mods out there, so maybe this one gets some new colors too.
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
This was my first though too.

Criminally slept on.

But VladG goes hard! I'm downloading for sure.
Old 3rd August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
AAX?
Making freeware AAX is a really thankless job you know.

Guys, this product had been made in a hurry due to competition deadline and serious lack of free time. There was no beta testing. Please use it with care, I can't guarantee it's 100% stable. The good thing is I can patch and fix bugs during the competition (until 25th of August) ;-)
Old 3rd August 2014
allmighty Vladg!!!!! Marvelous as always.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Making freeware AAX is a really thankless job you know.

Guys, this product had been made in a hurry due to competition deadline and serious lack of free time. There was no beta testing. Please use it with care, I can't guarantee it's 100% stable. The good thing is I can patch and fix bugs during the competition (until 25th of August) ;-)
No worries Vladg! Stable here for Windlows 7 64bit Nuendo. I actually like the black and white gui. It is just nice to see something different than blue and grey.

So far, so cool!

Last edited by CHAOS; 3rd August 2014 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Misspelled...
Old 3rd August 2014
Yeah, we'll help you out with the bug-squashing!
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I actually like the black and white gui.
I agree. Just a few touch ups to the squares and triangles and its not bad at all to my eyes.
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

i like the GUI... it should be a tool, not art....
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

I like the GUI too. Technical/ergonomic is always better than cryptic pseudo analog style ;-).
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Can't wait to try this. I still haven't quite come to terms with how good Slick EQ is!
Old 4th August 2014
I just didn't like the white as it is not very easy on the eyes. A little grey maybe?
Old 4th August 2014
Lives for gear

Damn this thing is good! Spent an hour or so with it. It's pretty complex, I know I'm going to have to put in more hours to see what it's really capable of, but I love it already. Just been using it on the master buss to add a little polish to some mixes. I was a bit unsure about them until today. I stuck this badboy on and used the "Master" preset. Tweaked a little, and that's it, I'm there!

And I really think the simple GUI is an advantage. Once you get a few different bands of EQ/Compression up, there is a LOT going on on the screen. It really helps to have a simple GUI without colours. Especially since the nature of each band is displayed by it's colour and shape. It's important to be able to focus on these. With the simple GUI you can.

Excellent work Vladg. As usual!
Old 4th August 2014
Gear Addict
kudos to Vladg from da audiobomber
Old 5th August 2014
Gear Addict
Wow this thing is smooth! Gotta love the highend! And all of it of course, and i just scratched the surface. No expert here, but dang!! https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...ood/bouncy.gif
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Head

This plug-in is useful and there is many usage.
I will be the heavy user of this flexible plug-in.

Although this is mere personal opinion of me,
If EQ knobs are added to this GUI, it will be easier-to-use.
And, it will be more convenient if we can input a frequency from a keyboard.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Wantend to try it, but crushes my system constantly (Logic 10.0.7 on a new mac mini) Cheers (will check the system version on the mac mini as soon as I am in the studio, probably 10.9)
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Wantend to try it, but crushes my system constantly (Logic 10.0.7 on a new mac mini) Cheers (will check the system version on the mac mini as soon as I am in the studio, probably 10.9)
Is it a random crash or a crash on specific operations (project open/close, window open/close and so on)?
Old 7th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Is it a random crash or a crash on specific operations (project open/close, window open/close and so on)?
+1

Logic Pro X 10.0.7 crashes when attempting to add plug-in. Mac OS X 10.9.4. Mac Pro with NVIDIA graphics.
Old 7th August 2014
VST worked fine on Reaper 4.63 (if I'm not mistaken) under 10.8.5
EQ sounds pretty damn good.
Interface works for me... I wouldn't change it
Didn't mess with the compressoe thou.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Logic 10.0.7 mac mini OSX 10.9.4
crashes every time I try to launch it in every song and project
Old 8th August 2014
A great tool to address resonances and broad band harshness by means of dynamic frequency management! Thumbs up!

We all need to make sure to vote for this guy on the KVR forum to push him up towards the finale.

Quick question though: is there a possibility to take the compression section out of the chain ? this might be handy indeed.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear
Comparisons to Melda Dyn EQ?
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

what a great GUI! I instantly fell in love. Thanks man!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search