The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor DAW Software
Old 16th August 2014
...maybe a stronger mix focus for the free version, and a more mastering oriented GE version... ...no clear plans yet, but we'll certainly post detailed info as soon we know more. But let's enjoy the dev challenge first!
Old 16th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
I don't know yet but definitely UI re-skin and 2 editions: basic & GE like SlickEQ basic & GE edition. Probably we'll shift a focus to more mastering orientation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
...maybe a stronger mix focus for the free version, and a more mastering oriented GE version... ...no clear plans yet, but we'll certainly post detailed info as soon we know more. But let's enjoy the dev challenge first!
Sounds very cool guys!
Old 17th August 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Probably we'll shift a focus to more mastering orientation.
!!!!!!! top top top
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Addict

I just have nailed the bug related with working at >= 88.2/96 kHz, which caused Mac UI freeze and strange UI behavior on Windows. The update will come soon.
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I just have nailed the bug related with working at >= 88.2/96 kHz, which caused Mac UI freeze and strange UI behavior on Windows. The update will come soon.
Old 18th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Appreciated!
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Addict

Nova-67P v1.0.2 update

Fixed bug with UI freeze when working on 88.2/96 or greater sample rates:

http://static.kvraudio.com/files/145..._2-windows.zip
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/145...v1_0_2-mac.dmg

Please report me your experience.
Old 19th August 2014
Quote:
Nova-67P v1.0.2 update

Fixed bug with UI freeze when working on 88.2/96 or greater sample rates:

http://static.kvraudio.com/files/145..._2-windows.zip
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/145...v1_0_2-mac.dmg

Please report me your experience.
Now working in Logic Pro X 10.0.7 @ 96 kHz - Mac OS X 10.9.4 - Thank you!
Old 19th August 2014
Deleted User
Works nice in Logic on 96Khz now.
Thanks.
Brushed aluminum looks better thought.
Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor-nova-dens-skin.png

Download files and replace them in resources folder inside of component. (Mac)
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10337364-post42.html
Old 19th August 2014
Lives for gear

Nice skins you guys are doing. Has anybody done a re-skin for win and likes to share?
Old 19th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
You could use something like Resource Hacker to look inside the VST file. You can export resources and also replace existing ones with your own!
Will try, but I'm afraid I'm too dumb (and with little time unfortunately) to do such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post
Nice skins you guys are doing. Has anybody done a re-skin for win and likes to share?
I think we'll have to way until the end of the competition so people can compile the .dlls without breaking the DC rules.
Old 19th August 2014
Lives for gear

Oh, is it becoming one of those "Hey, I've made a better GUI" competition threads? Please nooooooooo.....

Leave the GUI alone ;-)
Old 19th August 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Oh, is it becoming one of those "Hey, I've made a better GUI" competition threads? Please nooooooooo.....

Leave the GUI alone ;-)
What competition?
Only I shared my own GUI to other members, and no one else.
If there was a 96 members that took it, than I did a nice thing. Let's share nice things.
Old 19th August 2014
Quote:

Leave the GUI alone ;-)
Oh, it is becoming one of those "Hey, I enjoy cutting other people down for absolutely no reason other than to start trouble and fuel my own self-loathing" threads? Please nooooooooo.....

Leave Den alone ;-)

Lol
Old 19th August 2014
Deleted User
L.O.L.
Old 19th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
What competition?
Only I shared my own GUI to other members, and no one else.
If there was a 59 members that took it, than I did a nice thing. Let's share nice things.
Den rocks. Always helpful.
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

LOL I wasn't attacking Den at all. I was talking about numerous threads, where smaller developers announced a new product and people got carried away by providing GUI edits and, here is the important part, making it the main topic of the thread instead of talking of the plugin itself.

It's different to contact the developer instead of showing him your try on it on a public forum. It can have a taste
of "I'm better than what you've achieved. Can everybody see?". I personally respect the decisions of a developer and his design, especially when such a capable and talented guy like Vlad. This plugin is complex and very interesting and a discussion about its sound and use is perhaps what it deserves, rather than GUI improvements.

Sorry, just my opinion. No need to get so defensive. My respect for the developers decisions is what drove me to reply in that way. Peace.
Old 20th August 2014
Gear Nut

Talking

Quote:
One more quick re-skin for a great plug-in... for the Studio One users:

https://db.tt/OWPDZgPJ

I love this GUI! Can you share it please?

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL I wasn't attacking Den at all. I was talking about numerous threads, where smaller developers announced a new product and people got carried away by providing GUI edits and, here is the important part, making it the main topic of the thread instead of talking of the plugin itself.

It's different to contact the developer instead of showing him your try on it on a public forum. It can have a taste
of "I'm better than what you've achieved. Can everybody see?". I personally respect the decisions of a developer and his design, especially when such a capable and talented guy like Vlad. This plugin is complex and very interesting and a discussion about its sound and use is perhaps what it deserves, rather than GUI improvements.

Sorry, just my opinion. No need to get so defensive. My respect for the developers decisions is what drove me to reply in that way. Peace.
I posted two screenshots of modified GUI's on this thread and I completely understand what you are saying. In fact, I was hesitant about posting the second one but then decided not to over-think it and just chuck it up remembering it was just harmless fun...

I never would have sent this to vladg directly as it's not remotely worthy of his time; it's a quick 5 minute Photoshop job just because I want to test his awesome plug-in but I tend to prefer darker GUI's in general. The absolute white was killing me so it was a quick, temporary usability fix for a temporary GUI.

As far as respecting vladg's design, in his words "Okay, I didn’t have enough time to prepare truly “commercial looking” plugin but the concept is too cool to drop it away". Vladg is often posting cool **** to his blog in various stages of development, sometimes with no GUI. I don't think he cares if people make a quick contrast/colour hack to suit their own eyes/environment.. I could be wrong though?? In retrospect it's probably not something that's done much on gearslutz and is probably more of a ### thing..
Old 20th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
I don't think he cares if people make a quick contrast/colour hack to suit their own eyes/environment..
I can't say "I don't care about it". It's more "I like it" feeling. I've started to think my plugins need some "official" way to support re-skins.
Old 21st August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can't say "I don't care about it". It's more "I like it" feeling. I've started to think my plugins need some "official" way to support re-skins.
That's awesome!
Old 21st August 2014
Gear Guru
Good God man! I keep trying to walk away and they keep pulling me back.... Honestly what a great tool! Just when I thought I'd gotten everything I needed, wow! Thanks, marvellous!
Old 22nd August 2014
Lives for gear

Nice work, very interesting plugin, thanks a lot Vlad.

Loading factory presets with a track playing crashes Logic 10.0.7 on 10.9.4
Old 22nd August 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Nice work, very interesting plugin, thanks a lot Vlad.

Loading factory presets with a track playing crashes Logic 10.0.7 on 10.9.4
I cannot reproduce that on Logic 9 at 10.9.4.
Works nice here.
Old 22nd August 2014
Gear Guru
Really stupid question but am fooling around with the "Multiband Hell" setting and when I switch to sidechain ext. seeing it sounds like the original mix but a bit wider and more present. Is this just me imagining it? I guess I don't understand what the sidechain setting does. I tried reading the manual but was way over my head! Is (what I think) I'm hearing due to the dynamic eq or the compression. Please excuse my ignorance! (BTW works great on Mac 10.5.8 in Mixbus!)
Old 23rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Would you consider making "stereo" mode the default?
Old 24th August 2014
Vlad, while I have you here, are there any plans to release your older plugins through TDR? If your molot compressor ever made it to a PT version, Id love to send some cash to own it
Old 24th August 2014
Gear Addict

I just want to present my design of this great plugin.

All the best
Lesha

Old 24th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesha View Post
I just want to present my design of this great plugin.

All the best
Lesha
Download?
A.
Old 24th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Download?
A.
Not yet.
Let's wait for the competition to finish, or Vladislav to implement a custom GUI change.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search