The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor DAW Software
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Loving the GUI too. Please don't change it.

The EQ is really nice and the auto gain works perfectly.

I have fun using it, even just for basic equalization and the broad compression.

I don't get all the modes for the bands and the way they react
and interact with compression. I have two dynamic EQ's (TB Fix and Melda MAutoDynamic EQ) and understand these easily but in this case I will need more time and hope there will be a brief explanation presentation video ;-)

Thanks Vlad!
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry_spectrum View Post
Quick question though: is there a possibility to take the compression section out of the chain ? this might be handy indeed.
Sorry, no way. Just set the ratio to 1.1 and the threshold to 0 to minimize effect. I can't add this feature till the end of the competition (end of August).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Logic 10.0.7 mac mini OSX 10.9.4
crashes every time I try to launch it in every song and project
Mac guys, sorry I broke my Mac so possible fix is expected a bit later (after I repair it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post
I have two dynamic EQ's (TB Fix and Melda MAutoDynamic EQ) and understand these easily but in this case I will need more time and hope there will be a brief explanation presentation video ;-)
That's not expected :-( Okay, let's see if I can make more detailed video than this:

Old 9th August 2014
man this thing has power!
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Addict

Few words about parallel equalizers and Nova67P internals:

Nova-67P and parallel equalizers explained | vladg/sound
Old 9th August 2014
Deleted User
So, it is feedback topology fixed.

Parallel eq is more subtle and harder to do, and over do.
Feedforward topology switch would be extra cherry on the pie.

Anyway idea is unique.
Thanks for the plugin.
Old 12th August 2014
Great read - very enlightening.
Old 13th August 2014
Lives for gear

Great device!
Vlad, thank you very very much, your products are just plain awesome!
This one has the greatest UI i've ever used (same greatness with Valhalla ones), excellent sound quality and all functionality one may need. This is the first multiband i will use constantly, never liked these kind of devices before, but this one is just plain excellent.
Old 13th August 2014
Gear Guru

This thing is indeed great. Bass belly galore. Super cool tool. Thank you so much!
Old 13th August 2014
Vlad, glad to see your product is going over so well, I do have one question and it's a dreaded one that will probably be met with a simple 'no.' Will there be any pro tools support? Only reason why I ask is because I know you were a part of that Slick EQ development and it had pro tools support, but I'm assuming one of the other devs coded it to PT or it was outsourced, since your previous plugins didn't have pt counterparts either. Thanks for your time.
Old 13th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Vlad, glad to see your product is going over so well, I do have one question and it's a dreaded one that will probably be met with a simple 'no.' Will there be any pro tools support? Only reason why I ask is because I know you were a part of that Slick EQ development and it had pro tools support, but I'm assuming one of the other devs coded it to PT or it was outsourced, since your previous plugins didn't have pt counterparts either. Thanks for your time.
Yes, we have plans to re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs a bit later! TDL has all necessary licences for Pro-Tools support and TDL framework allows us to have Pro-Tools plugin versions in a really transparent way.
Old 13th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Yes, we have plans to re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs a bit later! TDL has all necessary licences for Pro-Tools support and TDL framework allows us to have Pro-Tools plugin versions in a really transparent way.
Excellent news! Very surprising to hear! Thanks.
Old 14th August 2014
Deleted User
Skin

Here we go:
Gearsluts.com color
Replace file with the same name in the resources of a component.

Vladg/Sound releases Nova-67P - Parallel Parametric EQ & Compressor-bmp00100.png
Old 14th August 2014
Cool stuff Den!

Anyway to do that on Windows? I'm assuming component = AU.

Cheers
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Addict

Nova67-P Mac version maintenance update (v1.0.1)

List of bugs fixed:
* bug that prevents usage of the plugin on mono tracks in Logic
* bug with occasional hang on preset change in AU 64-bit version
* possible crash for AU version

Also please note that hot-keys in Mac version operate a bit differently than in Windows one:
* use Command + Click instead of Ctrl + Click to reset parameter to default value
* use Ctrl + Click to open filter’s context menu if you have a single-button mouse

http://static.kvraudio.com/files/145...v1_0_1-mac.dmg

============

About re-skinning this plugin, I'm not able to do it officially till the end of the competition. From the rules: "During the voting period you may update your entry but updates must be bug fixes ONLY. You are NOT allowed to add new features or rework existing ones during the voting period."
Old 15th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Here we go in Gearsluts forum color..

Replace file with the same name in the resources of the component.
And buttons in zip file.
how do i do this, i can only see a .dll id really like to use this i find the all white a bit harsh on the eyes, thanks
Old 15th August 2014
v1.0.1 is still crashing Logic Pro X 10.0.7 running under Mac OS X 10.9.4:
1. Insert plug-in
2. Leave GUI open
3. Press play
4. Logic Pro X crashes

Inserted on a stereo track. Sample rate 96 kHz. Mac Pro with NVIDIA graphics.
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here we go in Gearsluts forum color..

Replace file with the same name in the resources of the component.
And buttons in zip file.
Nice work Den!

I've been rocking this version for the sake of my bleeding eyeballs:

https://db.tt/v4rQLAYc

Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

I'd love to try this, but it freezes Reaper (both VST and AU). OS 10.8.5
Old 15th August 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Cool stuff Den!

Cheers
Thanks
I really don't know how to do this on Windows, but someone explaned that on the latest black GUI for the Limiter 6 on the KVR thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
Nice work Den!

I've been rocking this version for the sake of my bleeding eyeballs:
Thanks
Yes indeed white is too bright for monitor on longer use.
However I'm really enjoying this plugin. EQ is so good, and compressor too.

Still there is a bug on 96Khz if the GUI is open on Logic 9 under latest Mavericks.
On 44.1Khz working nice.
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Cool stuff Den!

Cheers
You could use something like Resource Hacker to look inside the VST file. You can export resources and also replace existing ones with your own!
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Addict
great tool Vlad!! I really like to use it as DeEsser too..
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Wll, it seems to be the whole "channelstrip" in one device, as i've tried it on more sources, just excellent working! Vlad is a genius, i think.
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Still there is a bug on 96Khz if the GUI is open on Logic 9 under latest Mavericks.
On 44.1Khz working nice.
THANKS A LOT! Now I can reproduce it.

Both Mac versions VST & AU hang if 88.2 or 96 kHz sample rate used in the project.

Sorry a lot! I didn't check 88.2/96 on Mac before…. Now it's time to fix it!
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Addict

Any help/tutorial for this to add to that vid?
I can't get my head around different dynamics modes. Which mode should I use to set it as split band DeEsser (i.e. compress only a certain frequency band)? The graph behavior in split mode confuses me -- the way it looks it compresses everything outside of the band I choose, however it should be vice versa.
Old 15th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
I can't get my head around different dynamics modes. Which mode should I use to set it as split band DeEsser (i.e. compress only a certain frequency band)? The graph behavior in split mode confuses me -- the way it looks it compresses everything outside of the band I choose, however it should be vice versa.
Make sure to read the manual, NOVA supports many different dynamics modes.
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
Use De-Esser1 preset as starting point. Adjust split-filter Q and threshold. You may also change the filter's frequency and the its from peaking to high-shelf.

Yeah, I can create simple video with some more examples.
1. Show de-esser

Any more features to show?
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Use De-Esser1 preset as starting point. Adjust split-filter Q and threshold. You may also change the filter's frequency and the its from peaking to high-shelf.

Yeah, I can create simple video with some more examples.
1. Show de-esser

Any more features to show?
That mastering preset is a great starting point, does some interesting stuff to snares. But I can't quite understand how you arrived at that point. It would be cool if you did a video explaining how you arrive at that preset, from the default setting.
Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

One more quick re-skin for a great plug-in... for the Studio One users:

https://db.tt/OWPDZgPJ

Old 16th August 2014
Vlad, what all do you plan to do with this after TDR gets ahold of it? Any GUI changes? Enhancements? Are they planning on releasing as is or building on it for a paid version? Just wondering if it'll still be freeware or if a gentlemens version will come along. Not saying it isn't a full fledged plugin already, but it's hard to tell since I can't try it yet.
Old 16th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Vlad, what all do you plan to do with this after TDR gets ahold of it? Any GUI changes? Enhancements? Are they planning on releasing as is or building on it for a paid version? Just wondering if it'll still be freeware or if a gentlemens version will come along. Not saying it isn't a full fledged plugin already, but it's hard to tell since I can't try it yet.
I don't know yet but definitely UI re-skin and 2 editions: basic & GE like SlickEQ basic & GE edition. Probably we'll shift a focus to more mastering orientation.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search