The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Introduces StudioRack DAW Software
Old 23rd July 2014
News Desk Editor

Software Waves Introduces StudioRack

StudioRack is an advanced software rack designed to save and run Waves plugin chains. It is compatible with most DAWs and allows you to save your own plugin chain presets, including the individual presets of each plugin within your chain. And no matter on which DAW you saved your presets, StudioRack will load them on any DAW.
  • Compatible with most DAWs
  • Presets for plugin chains can be saved to and loaded from any DAW
  • Up to 8 plugins per rack
  • Fully automatable
  • Quick access to plugin parameters within your chain
  • Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
  • Avid Control Surface support

Link : StudioRack – Plugin Chainer | Waves
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Introduces StudioRack-top.jpg  

Last edited by The Press Desk; 23rd July 2014 at 07:27 PM..
Old 23rd July 2014
It can run 3rd party plugs, eh?? C'mon Slate, hurry up so I can run 8 VMRs in this and make the biggest, craziest, 64 channeliest mix rack ever!
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Wow. Waves VMR. AND it runs 3rd party plugs(REALLY SMART). Beat Slate to the punch line, huh?
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear
What is the name of the download file? I downloaded my two free copies for Windows, and I can't find the files.
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Not exactly sure what the advantage is over saving a channel strip under Logic? (Except for saving space in the mixer).
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi View Post
Not exactly sure what the advantage is over saving a channel strip under Logic?
Or in S1 Pro? You can save any chain and do whatever you want with it...
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Addict

It looks like the advantages come into play when 1) you have a DAW that doesn't save chains already and 2) when you're switching back and forth between Native CPU processing and the Waves DSP options.
Old 23rd July 2014
I know this is probably a dumb question, but is cpu or latency improved when hosting the plugs in the rack vs in the DAW inserts? Id assume not, but maybe they are able to optimize cpu since the plugins are all inserted in a rack that allow them to "communicate" better with each other? Probably way off, but just curious.
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear
i'm curious as to what "some third party plugins" means... does it mean most or if they work they work or do 3rd party devs have to do something to make them compatible? cool idea though... plus I think it's a brilliant move by waves to get people "hooked" on the workflow then, when they are used to it, maybe they'll invest in the Waves server?
Old 23rd July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrod View Post
What is the name of the download file? I downloaded my two free copies for Windows, and I can't find the files.
1. Login to your Waves account and select StudioRack Native Free > Get StudioRack Native Free
- This will deposit a license into your Waves License Cloud
- Use Waves License Center to transfer/activate the license
2. Update your existing Waves plugins to V9.3 via the V9r19 installer:
- Waves > Downloads > Version 9 > V9r19
3. Install StudioRack Native from the Waves SoundGrid and Native Applications V9r2 installer:
- Waves > Downloads > MultiRack / SG Studio / StudioRack > Version 9.7 > V9r2

Last edited by Simon Morrison; 24th July 2014 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Version update
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Addict

I have a message that no licence found for Studio Rack. But its already there. Cubase 7.5.2 64 bit, Win7 64 bit, VST3.
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Addict

Typical Waves BS: "you must have at least one product under active WUP in order to download" I don't need to pay WUP since my plugs are all working just fine, thanks. Such a greedy marketing ploy, screw you Waves...
Old 24th July 2014
It's not showing up here. I've upgraded to the latest everything from Waves.
I've got my licenses activated but I'm not seeing it in PT. I'm on Mavericks (latest) &
PT11 HD Native (latest). Anyone else having trouble instantiating StudioRack?

EDIT:
It's because I'm on a Mac Pro 3,1....ugh.
Old 24th July 2014
Let it be known folks, you NEED an Intel i5 or higher.
BOOO Waves, BOOO!
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
I have a message that no licence found for Studio Rack. But its already there. Cubase 7.5.2 64 bit, Win7 64 bit, VST3.
Hey Studioprojekt,

- Trash all Waves cashes and Waves preferences
- Open WLC and login then click on "refresh" and see if you got all SoundGrid licenses on your account...

I hope it'll help

Cheers

Ümit
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Not working here.
It seems there may be an installer issue I called Waves Tech Support and they said they would contact me tomorrow about getting it working.
Old 24th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Not working here.
It seems there may be an installer issue I called Waves Tech Support and they said they would contact me tomorrow about getting it working.
What system are you trying it on?
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

Was eligible for the plugin, so I registered and downloaded the latest version of Waves 9.x. That's when the weirdness starts.

The license shows on my iLok, but can't find it in the plugins list. That could be pilot error. The bigger issue is that each time I launch Cubase (7.52 64-bit) , I am prompted to locate the Wave 9.2 folder. I point to what I think is the folder, and I am prompted again (meaning it does not work for me). I have to cancel this 3-4 times and Cubase launches.

Seems that all the Waves plugins are working fine, but that prompt (those prompts - every time!) is going to get tired really fast.

I have a support ticket in. Hoping it's a simple fix.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukstop View Post
Let it be known folks, you NEED an Intel i5 or higher.
BOOO Waves, BOOO!
Seems to be working here on my old C2D 2.4 macbook under Lion... not that I really thrashed it, though.

Honestly, if this isn't working for someone, or you have to pay over about ten bucks WUP to get it, you really aren't missing much.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukstop View Post
It's not showing up here. I've upgraded to the latest everything from Waves.
I've got my licenses activated but I'm not seeing it in PT. I'm on Mavericks (latest) &
PT11 HD Native (latest). Anyone else having trouble instantiating StudioRack?
Exactly the same - PT11.2HD, HD Native TB, nMP Hex
Old 24th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
1. Login to your Waves account and select StudioRack Native Free > Get StudioRack Native Free
- This will deposit a license into your License Cloud
3. Install StudioRack Native from the Waves SoundGrid and Native Applications V9r1 installer:
- Waves > Downloads > MultiRack / SG Studio / StudioRack > Version 9.7 > V9v1
Thank you for posting this!
Old 24th July 2014
The Waves site does mention Mac Pro 4,1 Intel i5, but if a C2D can run it....well then I don't know why I can't find it anywhere.
Maybe it's a Mavericks bug? Whatever, off to Hawaii! Plugins and gearlust will be on hold for a couple weeks.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
Thank you for posting this!
Ditto... didn't realise you had to download the additional installer.
Works a treat!

edit: Working great in LogicProX, however, I don't see it anywhere in ProTools HD11 or 10HD Mmmmm
Old 24th July 2014
I followed the instructions perfectly but can't get it to show up in my plugin list

PT9 HD Native, Win 7 64
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by at4033 View Post
Was eligible for the plugin, so I registered and downloaded the latest version of Waves 9.x. That's when the weirdness starts.

The license shows on my iLok, but can't find it in the plugins list. That could be pilot error. The bigger issue is that each time I launch Cubase (7.52 64-bit) , I am prompted to locate the Wave 9.2 folder. I point to what I think is the folder, and I am prompted again (meaning it does not work for me). I have to cancel this 3-4 times and Cubase launches.

Seems that all the Waves plugins are working fine, but that prompt (those prompts - every time!) is going to get tired really fast.

Waves no longer supports ilok - do you mean the waves license center?
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by at4033 View Post

Same issue here. With WLC instead of iLok of course.
Old 24th July 2014
Having all the same issues here on OS 10.9.4 and PT 10HD and 11HD. Followed all of the steps, updated all my waves plugs and downloaded the second installer but still no luck opening it in PT.

I contacted Waves, and got this response back:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

StudioRack plugin can load native plugins and SoundGrid plugins as well.

It seems that Pro-Tools fails to detect the StudioRack Native plugin on some user’s systems.

We’re looking into this now, and we’ll let you know when this is sorted out, so you can enjoy this plug-in.

Thanks.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
- This will deposit a license into your License Cloud
3. Install StudioRack Native from the Waves SoundGrid and Native Applications V9r2 installer:
- Waves > Downloads > MultiRack / SG Studio / StudioRack > Version 9.7 > V9v2
Thanks... This worked perfectly (edited - had the old installer, updated my quote for new version)

I don't really know why waves says "Works with some 3rd party plugins" it's more like "it may someday work with those devs who decide to use our sdk to make their plugins work with StudioRack" currently, exactly NONE of my non-waves show up.

Last edited by superwack; 25th July 2014 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: New Installer fixed the issue
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Waves no longer supports ilok - do you mean the waves license center?

Yes! I installed and reinstalled. No longer does that!

Let me add that I had a related license issue. I phoned Waves Tech Support in Tel Aviv. They were just fantastic. Their Tech Support solved my problem quickly, and the chap was very patient and pleasant (which given the tragic events unfolding over there, I profoundly appreciated).
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

My Waves plugins are not working on Mac OS 10.9.4 after installing StudioRack. I emailed support and here is their reply for anyone else having issues.

----------------------------------------

There is an issue involving StudioRack Native plug-in that we are aware of and working to solve ASAP.

I suggest manual removal of all Waves from your system and re install. Please do not re install StudioRack plug-in. I will personally inform you by email when the issue is resolved.

Please follow these steps:

Note: If you have created your own presets, saved to a preset menu, please drag the 'Plug-ins Settings' folder, located at System HD > Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settings - to your desktop.
Also, if you have any saved IR impulses or presets - drag the IR1Impulses, IR1Impulses V2 and Acoustics.net Impulses folders located at System HD > Applications > Waves > Waves Plug-ins to your desktop as well.

1. Go to: Macintosh HD >Applications > Waves > Utilities and run the Waves Uninstaller file. Choose Remove All.
2. Go to: Macintosh HD >Applications and Remove the Waves folder.
3. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Components Remove all Waveshell-AU.component files.
4. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST Remove all Waveshell-VST.vst files.
5. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST3 Remove all Waveshell-VST.vst3 files.
6. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins Remove all Waveshell-DAE.dpm files.
7. Go to: Macintosh HD >Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plug-Ins Remove all Waveshell-AAX.aaxplugin files.
(if ProTools is not installed on your system, steps 6 and 7 are not relevant)
8. Go to: Macintosh HD >Users>Home User>Library>Caches Remove Waves Folder.
9. Go to: Macintosh HD >Users>Home User>Library>Preferences Remove the Waves Preferences Folder.
10. Empty the Trash.

The Home User Library folder may be hidden.
In order to see it, hold down the Option key and it will appear in the upper apple menu under Go.
Now, re install:

1. Download and run the V9 installer from Waves site. (Click on the MAC icon if you are using MAC or the WINDOWS icon if you are using PC).

2. During installation follow on screen instructions and when getting to the Installation Type Menu window, choose only Bundles/plug-ins you own and for which you have license. (Scroll down to the bottom of the list and unfold the Single Plug-Ins list, to locate single plug-ins).

You can check all your products in your Waves account.

3. Follow on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search