The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Introduces StudioRack DAW Software
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Somebody @ Waves had a epic fail on his one

VST Mac fails to see the license
AU Mac Studio Rack plug loads in DAW but fails to see any plug-ins
AAX Mac Studio Rack plug-in fails to load in PT 10 or PT 11
ooops
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Interesting. I was looking for something like this yesterday, but wanted it to have parallel, wet/dry functionality as well. Seems like DDMF Metaplugin and Blue Cat Patchwork are much more elegant solutions. Audio and midi routing, vsti's, wet/dry, etc. I'm pretty sure they are side chain capable too. That way I can open entire instrument sets with effects on any vst/au format. Yes, I can do that with channel presets in cubase, but the parallel thing was elusive.

I guess I should mention Vienna ensemble pro too. I have it but it's much more expensive and more of a pain to use on the fly.
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meric View Post
Hey Studioprojekt,

- Trash all Waves cashes and Waves preferences
- Open WLC and login then click on "refresh" and see if you got all SoundGrid licenses on your account...

I hope it'll help

Cheers

Ümit
Hi,

1. Thank you for help. How can I trash "cashes and Waves preferences" ?
2. Hmm, I dont use/have SoundGrid. I have a native Waves plugins only. Is SoundRack for me then ?
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Interesting. I was looking for something like this yesterday, but wanted it to have parallel, wet/dry functionality as well. Seems like DDMF Metaplugin and Blue Cat Patchwork are much more elegant solutions. Audio and midi routing, vsti's, wet/dry, etc. I'm pretty sure they are side chain capable too. That way I can open entire instrument sets with effects on any vst/au format. Yes, I can do that with channel presets in cubase, but the parallel thing was elusive.

I guess I should mention Vienna ensemble pro too. I have it but it's much more expensive and more of a pain to use on the fly.
No StudioRack WET/DRY ? :(
Old 24th July 2014
News Desk Editor

Quote:
Dear Waves Customer,

Thank you for registering your free StudioRack Native plugin.
Some users have experienced installation difficulties.
We have uploaded a new SoundGrid & Native Applications V9r2 installer which solves these difficulties.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
The Waves Team
Old 24th July 2014
I can confirm that the "Waves SoundGrid and Native Applications V9r2" installer corrects the StudioRack loading issue in Pro Tools.

I am now running StudioRack in Pro Tools 11.2 Native (NOT HD)!!!
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear
Agreed -now works on my HDN system...
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Nut

Open Waves uninstaller then click on Support Tools and you'll notice that Waves Uninstaller can remove "caches/waves preferences"
and SR will work on your system too...
I hope it should help

Cheers

Ümit

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
Hi,

1. Thank you for help. How can I trash "cashes and Waves preferences" ?
2. Hmm, I dont use/have SoundGrid. I have a native Waves plugins only. Is SoundRack for me then ?
Old 25th July 2014
After unsuccessfully trying to install the newly announced StudioRack, my sole DAW computer is now listed as "Disconnected" in the Waves License Center. All my licenses is on that computer, so now I can't access/use my Waves plug-ins.

When I start Pro Tools, a "Waves License Error" requester pops up: "No licenses found for Waves Plugins".

Can anyone offer a bit of help, please?
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Nut

Open WLC and Login then click on "Refresh".... open your DAW
it must work.

cheers

Ümit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrik View Post
After unsuccessfully trying to install the newly announced StudioRack, my sole DAW computer is now listed as "Disconnected" in the Waves License Center. All my licenses is on that computer, so now I can't access/use my Waves plug-ins.

When I start Pro Tools, a "Waves License Error" requester pops up: "No licenses found for Waves Plugins".

Can anyone offer a bit of help, please?
Old 25th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by meric View Post
Open WLC and Login then click on "Refresh".... open your DAW
it must work.
I did that several times. It doesn't work.

Here's my sole DAW computer with the licenses. It's in a state of "Disconnected" and the licenses residing on it are not selectable / transferrable. Notice the missing checkmark boxes, etc.:

Here is the "Connected" device. I have no idea how it was created. It popped up after my attempt to install the StudioRack. It seems to be the "active" device now, making it impossible to use my original (disconnected) device:

I'm no Waves expert and I'm stuck. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Works beautifully here. What I imagine Slate VMR will be, but with all the Waves plugins.
Old 25th July 2014
Got the new version and it's working now. This is more useful than I expected. I still need to read the manual, but it wasn't immediately obvious how to add 3rd party plugins. I was only seeing my waves plugins.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
Got the new version and it's working now. This is more useful than I expected. I still need to read the manual, but it wasn't immediately obvious how to add 3rd party plugins. I was only seeing my waves plugins.
I believe it's WAVES only for the native 'no hardware' version.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
I believe it's WAVES only for the native 'no hardware' version.
That is NOT my understanding. You will be able to host 3rd party plugs in the native version...
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear
Yes I read that part...
"Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins"
However, I heard that was not the case on the free version, i.e. NON Digigrid of some form.
I'm confused.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

For one plug in they expect you to download over a gig of data?

OK, its not 1995 and I am not stuck on dial up, but guys you need to develop a much more efficient downloading system.

and cause someone messed up the installer, peps have to download another gig of Data for one plug... this really is insane, and it makes your company look, well stupid!
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
Typical Waves BS: "you must have at least one product under active WUP in order to download" I don't need to pay WUP since my plugs are all working just fine, thanks. Such a greedy marketing ploy, screw you Waves...
Are you serious? The benefit of WUP is that you get new plug's that qualify under each bundle. Thats their whole business model. You're mad because you don't get a free plugin that you don't qualify for... What company do you know that gives a full versions of their product for free?

Now don't get me wrong I don't love WUP having to pay for upgrades to plugins you already own isn't right IMO but getting new plugins is one of the nice benefits. To be honest this isn't that exciting of a plugin to push me to upgrade my WUP but "come on maan".
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak View Post
Are you serious? The benefit of WUP is that you get new plug's that qualify under each bundle. Thats their whole business model. You're mad because you don't get a free plugin that you don't qualify for... What company do you know that gives a full versions of their product for free?

Now don't get me wrong I don't love WUP having to pay for upgrades to plugins you already own isn't right IMO but getting new plugins is one of the nice benefits. To be honest this isn't that exciting of a plugin to push me to upgrade my WUP but "come on maan".
No, I'm not mad because I didn't get a free plugin.... Telling me I get the plugin for free without mentioning the fact that you need to have an active WUP is disingenuous at best. Don't really care for their tactics that's all....
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, I'm not mad because I didn't get a free plugin.... Telling me I get the plugin for free without mentioning the fact that you need to have an active WUP is disingenuous at best. Don't really care for their tactics that's all....
They mention it in the email, and on the website. What more could they do?
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unless you just bought your first Waves plugin yesterday, you know this is NOT outside their normal business model. No upgrades(and yes, a free plugin would be considered an upgrade, just the same as if you had a bundle) without current WUP. And WHY should they just give you something, otherwise?
Old 26th July 2014
Gear Addict

After update its working now. But not seeing 3rd party plugins.
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
After update its working now. But not seeing 3rd party plugins.
You're all good. No one is seeing 3rd party plugs yet.
Old 26th July 2014
Here for the gear

Studiorack - Can't see plugins

… So Studiorack is loaded - it opens (in Logic 9/Mac OSX Lion) but … it can't find any plugins.

Anyone else got this issue?
Old 26th July 2014
StudioRack - not supporting Dynamic Plug-In Processing

Too bad, Waves. Avid's Pro Tools Dynamic Plug-In Processing is a tremendous feature and I am not going to run a plug-in that doesn't take advantage of it.

I made a short video showing a simple example.

Old 26th July 2014
Gear Addict

Cool idea, but if 3rd party developers have to do something extra for their plugins to show up then it will remain a waves only rack.
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

too bad that Waves can't implement Dynamic Plug-in processing.
Waves = FAIL (again).
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
You're all good. No one is seeing 3rd party plugs yet.
AFAIK - With possibly the exception of Brainworx (as touted in their Winter Namm "release of soundgrid) - you don't see any because there aren't any - "Can" run 3rd party is what it "Can" do - when the 3rd party are ported to this format...
Old 26th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
too bad that Waves can't implement Dynamic Plug-in processing.
Waves = FAIL (again).
Watch the video. I think the newer Waves plug-ins support this feature. Scheps 73. Reel ADT. But apparently this is not the case when rack'ed.
Old 27th July 2014
Lives for gear

I don;t need to watch a video I own Waves plugins and they don't support Dynamic Plug-in in Processing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search