The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AudioThing introduces Valve Exciter DAW Software
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
YES!!! Up and running!! Thank you. Awesome customer service too, besides a great sounding plug-in.
Good, I'm glad we got it sorted! :-)
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

Wow, almost blew my ears of with this demo lol!
Agree with the others that the demo silence is a bit disturbing for the demoing experience. I didnt get any sound from the plug in the beginning and gained a lot on the amp knob thing, then I hit the switch next to it and it was silence then BANG! HAha..not so nice on headphones. Maybe my mistake but there are other reasons too like demoing it in the mix.

I tried it on 3 tracks on a dub-trancey EDM project, leads and pads. Sounded great warming up these synths, making them more pleasently grungie, less digital, more earthy, lively and warm. Does it take away some bass? Didnt seem to get it propperly back even with the bass gain. Lots of nice subtle to more extreme harmonics there with the harmonics knob. Very nice.. I think I might purchase this!

The 3 sec silence did not happen simultaneously on the 3 tracks, and instead the mix got 3 sec long silence glitches 6 times a minute. Thats 3 sec silence every 10 sec! It was a bit hard to get a proper feel of this thing in the mix like this. Humble suggestion: Maybe do a white noise sweep instead? Many does this and its much easier on the brain and ear when demoing in the mix, while still not usable for release.

I also had a strange crash. The sound from Live froze to a static noise but I could still move things around (without being able to stop this sound) and I could even save the project. This usually is never possible on a cpu or ram crash/freeze in Live. The cpu hit was frozen at 110%. Maybe it was just Live 32bit ram overload, but those crash overloads always freeze everything in the DAW. I restarted Live and changed the sample buffer size from 128 to 512 and it did not happen again, so it seems it was a cpu spike freeze.

Overall it sounded good with a very nice and simple gui. Great work, well done! The in and out came in handy on the Ableton Live gui rack.

Would be nice with a normal dry/wet knob as the gain thing gains a lot. A through button would be nice for A/B checks and for balancing levels.

Just my 2cents..
Old 30th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotei View Post
Wow, almost blew my ears of with this demo lol!
Agree with the others that the demo silence is a bit disturbing for the demoing experience. I didnt get any sound from the plug in the beginning and gained a lot on the amp knob thing, then I hit the switch next to it and it was silence then BANG! HAha..not so nice on headphones. Maybe my mistake but there are other reasons too like demoing it in the mix.

I tried it on 3 tracks on a dub-trancey EDM project, leads and pads. Sounded great warming up these synths, making them more pleasently grungie, less digital, more earthy, lively and warm. Does it take away some bass? Didnt seem to get it propperly back even with the bass gain. Lots of nice subtle to more extreme harmonics there with the harmonics knob. Very nice.. I think I might purchase this!

The 3 sec silence did not happen simultaneously on the 3 tracks, and instead the mix got 3 sec long silence glitches 6 times a minute. Thats 3 sec silence every 10 sec! It was a bit hard to get a proper feel of this thing in the mix like this. Humble suggestion: Maybe do a white noise sweep instead? Many does this and its much easier on the brain and ear when demoing in the mix, while still not usable for release.

I also had a strange crash. The sound from Live froze to a static noise but I could still move things around (without being able to stop this sound) and I could even save the project. This usually is never possible on a cpu or ram crash/freeze in Live. The cpu hit was frozen at 110%. Maybe it was just Live 32bit ram overload, but those crash overloads always freeze everything in the DAW. I restarted Live and changed the sample buffer size from 128 to 512 and it did not happen again, so it seems it was a cpu spike freeze.

Overall it sounded good with a very nice and simple gui. Great work, well done! The in and out came in handy on the Ableton Live gui rack.

Would be nice with a normal dry/wet knob as the gain thing gains a lot. A through button would be nice for A/B checks and for balancing levels.

Just my 2cents..
Thank you for this detailed feedback!

I didn't think to synchronize the 3 sec silence on multiple instances of the plugin. Thanks for the heads up, it's added to the todo list. I personally don't like the white noise sweep, but that is really subjective.

I'll investigate more on on the crash you had. Seems strange to me, the sample buffer shouldn't affect it too much. I'll look into it anyway.
Old 30th August 2014
Lives for gear

Probably just a normal Live cpu crash because of low sample buffer size on a big project. Happens all the time. When I reach that point its usually time to increase the sample buffer size, and its ok from there on.
Old 30th August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thanks for your purchase. You should have received an email with a link to generate your key file. It's an automatic process so check your spam folder if you didn't got it, or contact us.

Can you be more specific? Does it happen after you do something in particular? I just tried on Cubase Elements 7 (64-bit) playing for 30 minutes or so and everything is as it should. Are you also using other plug-ins on that track?
I had it on my drumbus together with sonimus britson bus, ssl duende bus compressor, psp noble q and slate VTM.
It happens after a couple of minutes of use and it happens every time I use it. It works flawless on mono tracks though.
Old 31st August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rill spector View Post
I had it on my drumbus together with sonimus britson bus, ssl duende bus compressor, psp noble q and slate VTM.
It happens after a couple of minutes of use and it happens every time I use it. It works flawless on mono tracks though.
I just tried on a bus with several other plugins and other 12 tracks (virtual instruments and audio) left for 30 mins, nothing. It's strange that affects only the right channel. Are you using the last version (1.0.2)? Is the valve on or off?
I'll do more tests tomorrow anyway.
Old 31st August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
I just tried on a bus with several other plugins and other 12 tracks (virtual instruments and audio) left for 30 mins, nothing. It's strange that affects only the right channel. Are you using the last version (1.0.2)? Is the valve on or off?
I'll do more tests tomorrow anyway.
Its with the valve on.
Yes i bought two or three days ago so it should have been the latest update?

It occures almost like some kind of demo limitation. After almost the exact same amounth of time the right channel drops of.
I have a serial and have loaded the ser file.
Old 31st August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rill spector View Post
Its with the valve on.
Yes i bought two or three days ago so it should have been the latest update?

It occures almost like some kind of demo limitation. After almost the exact same amounth of time the right channel drops of.
I have a serial and have loaded the ser file.
That's really strange, I'm doing all kind of tests and can't replicate it. Drop me an email using this form: Contact | AudioThing
I'll send you a "debug" version so we can try to figure out what's going on. It's quite difficult to fix something that I can't replicate.
Old 1st October 2014
Lives for gear

GUI update! We finally added the Input/Output controls to the GUI. Simply click on the Page number button on the top bar to access the Mix controls.

You can update downloading the demos at the bottom of the product page: Valve Exciter | AudioThing
Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

GUI update! We finally added the Input/Output controls to the GUI. Simply click on the Page number button on the top bar to access the Mix controls.

You can update downloading the demos at the bottom of the product page: Valve Exciter | AudioThing
This is brilliant, thanks! I keep finding new uses for this, recently it has been doing great things for vocals, the new controls will no doubt add greatly to the plugin's versatility.
Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
This is brilliant, thanks! I keep finding new uses for this, recently it has been doing great things for vocals, the new controls will no doubt add greatly to the plugin's versatility.
Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it
Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks for the GUI update, I would of reccomended you just made the plugin a bit taller, instead of adding the 2nd page mechanism. Still a great update though, thanks!
Old 4th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
Thanks for the GUI update, I would of reccomended you just made the plugin a bit taller, instead of adding the 2nd page mechanism. Still a great update though, thanks!
Unfortunately it was much easier doing the page system than making it taller or wider (due to several problems related to the 3D GUI). Anyway, I'm glad you like it
Old 5th October 2014
Lives for gear

There was a problem/glitch with the GUI, the output knob wasn't working on most DAWs. It is now fixed with a new version: 1.1.1
Please download the demo to update and sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 5th October 2014
Lives for gear

Unfortunately in Ableton Live 9 the new build does not work with previously saved projects. So in a project that had the previous version in it , the updated version does not pass audio, forcing user to insert the plugin again and dial in settings.
Old 6th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Unfortunately in Ableton Live 9 the new build does not work with previously saved projects. So in a project that had the previous version in it , the updated version does not pass audio, forcing user to insert the plugin again and dial in settings.
That could be due to the new controls Input/Output. Turning them from 0 to 10 should work, without reloading it. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to prevent that.
Old 6th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
That could be due to the new controls Input/Output. Turning them from 0 to 10 should work, without reloading it. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to prevent that.
Yep, works with the latest update, thank you!
Old 7th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Yep, works with the latest update, thank you!
Great
Old 6th November 2014
Lives for gear

New update v1.3.0 is out!

Added AAX 32/64bit support for Pro Tools 10.3.5+ or 11+.

You can upgrade by downloading and installing the demo at the bottom of the page: Valve Exciter | AudioThing
Old 23rd November 2015
Lives for gear

New update v1.5!

– New preset system
– Better parameter smoothing
– Improved CPU usage and stability
– Values are shown when dragging the knobs
– Added Randomizer Lock system

To update, please download and install the demo version at the bottom of the product page: Valve Exciter | AudioThing
Old 24th November 2015
Lives for gear

The update won't recognize my license, when I point it to the license in my Auduothing folder I get an 'unresolved error'. I sent a message via the website but no response yet.
Hope it gets fixed, the track I am mixing uses this on a guitar solo, and sounds really good.
Old 24th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
The update won't recognize my license, when I point it to the license in my Auduothing folder I get an 'unresolved error'. I sent a message via the website but no response yet.
Hope it gets fixed, the track I am mixing uses this on a guitar solo, and sounds really good.
We changed the folder structure/path for licenses and presets but the update should recognise the old license.
Anyway I didn't get any message from you, could you please try the contact form again or send a direct email to info audiothing.net
Old 25th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
We changed the folder structure/path for licenses and presets but the update should recognise the old license.
Anyway I didn't get any message from you, could you please try the contact form again or send a direct email to info audiothing.net
Ok, I tried the contact form again and got the "your message was sent" message. Did you get it this time?
Old 25th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, I tried the contact form again and got the "your message was sent" message. Did you get it this time?
Unfortunately not. Please send an email directly to info audiothing.net or use the PM here.
Sorry about that, the form seems to work fine here. Not sure what's wrong.
Old 31st May 2017
Here for the gear

Is there a solution for the one channel muting problem on stereo tracks? I bougth the plugin and this happens every time after a while when I use It. Often it mutes also the whole output of the daw without crashing. When I delete the plug in from the session everything runs normal. Sometimes bypass helps but sometimes I have to restart Logic X. And after a while it happens again. I really like the sound of it but it is unusable and frustrating. I tried to reinstall but it didnt help.
Old 1st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNuman View Post
Is there a solution for the one channel muting problem on stereo tracks? I bougth the plugin and this happens every time after a while when I use It. Often it mutes also the whole output of the daw without crashing. When I delete the plug in from the session everything runs normal. Sometimes bypass helps but sometimes I have to restart Logic X. And after a while it happens again. I really like the sound of it but it is unusable and frustrating. I tried to reinstall but it didnt help.
We are investigating the issue, can you provide us more details about your system? You can also contact us here.
Old 13th June 2017
Here for the gear

Hi, i stopped using the plug in because this error is driving me nuts.
But when i open old sessions I have this problem again, so any help how to fix this error is highly apreciated.

My System: OSX 10.10.12 Mac Pro Early 2009 2 x 3,46 6 Core 24 GB Logic Pro X 10.2.4
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNuman View Post
Hi, i stopped using the plug in because this error is driving me nuts.
But when i open old sessions I have this problem again, so any help how to fix this error is highly apreciated.

My System: OSX 10.10.12 Mac Pro Early 2009 2 x 3,46 6 Core 24 GB Logic Pro X 10.2.4
I've been testing it for days on Logic Pro X as well, I can't replicate the issue, so it's quite difficult to track the bug. What buffer size and what sample rate are you using?
Are you doing anything in particular that triggers this bug? Audio/Instrument track? The more details I have the faster I can track this down.

If you prefer, you can also contact us here: https://www.audiothing.net/contact/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search