The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AudioThing introduces Valve Exciter DAW Software
Old 31st July 2014
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
lapsang's Avatar
 

I tried the demo and it sounds really cool. I like it on my synth tracks, it adds something nice to them even with small amount of treble/drive. Anyway, just wondering how long will the intro price last?
Old 31st July 2014
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post

The good news is that we just got access to the AAX/RTAS sdk from AVID, but it will take some time to port everything and do the proper beta testing before releasing it.
Good news indeed.

So, you need Beta testers ?



G
Old 31st July 2014
  #33
Lives for gear
 
lestermagneto's Avatar
Very interesting sounding plug! Loads of color. Using it as in insert on tracks it seems like it would be nice to have a wet/dry mix knob, as you can go pretty extreme with it, and it would be nice to be able to ride that... but kudos!
Old 31st July 2014
  #34
Lives for gear
 
lestermagneto's Avatar
^^ sorry, i think I meant that comment more in terms of your other fine product, the VF-1...... (although I always like w/d knobs regardless)
Old 31st July 2014
  #35
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
+1 for a Wet/Dry and Output, Oversampling.. those should be standard in 2014
Old 1st August 2014
  #36
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsang View Post
I tried the demo and it sounds really cool. I like it on my synth tracks, it adds something nice to them even with small amount of treble/drive. Anyway, just wondering how long will the intro price last?
Thanks a lot! The price will be the same at least until August 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
So, you need Beta testers ?
Not at the moment, but if you are interested drop us a line with full specs of your system/DAW etc...if we need more testers we will contact you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
Very interesting sounding plug! Loads of color. Using it as in insert on tracks it seems like it would be nice to have a wet/dry mix knob, as you can go pretty extreme with it, and it would be nice to be able to ride that... but kudos!
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
+1 for a Wet/Dry and Output, Oversampling.. those should be standard in 2014
Actually the Drive knob is a mix between wet and drive signal but yes we are still working on a solution to implement the output control.
Old 1st August 2014
  #37
Lives for gear
 
lestermagneto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thanks a lot! The price will be the same at least until August 15th.


Not at the moment, but if you are interested drop us a line with full specs of your system/DAW etc...if we need more testers we will contact you.


Thanks for the kind words!


Actually the Drive knob is a mix between wet and drive signal but yes we are still working on a solution to implement the output control.

No worries! Always nice to have developers active on this site, makes us users feel efficacy in terms of the products we may be using...

Cool, it didn't seem to me the drive knob worked that way.... I will take a look at it later!

BTW: Saw the third party shootout with your product vs waves vs cosmos vs something else yesterday, and kit seemed to more then hold it water at a fraction of the price, so kudos', and good luck on future products. I'm running osx/10.8.5/ mactower 4,1 dual quad core, ....how much heavy lifting on the cpu does each instantiation take? ... and are their plans for oversampling to be implemented yet?

Constant output would be a real boon, as in mixing i usually like to put plugins whilst rest of mix is running to get the real sound of how it effects a mix before further sculpting of parameters, and gain changes psychologically wreak havoc on the nuances obviously. Not sure how hard that is to implement.

but carry on! and good work!
Old 2nd August 2014
  #38
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Did you design the GUI for Satin?
Old 2nd August 2014
  #39
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
No worries! Always nice to have developers active on this site, makes us users feel efficacy in terms of the products we may be using...

Cool, it didn't seem to me the drive knob worked that way.... I will take a look at it later!

BTW: Saw the third party shootout with your product vs waves vs cosmos vs something else yesterday, and kit seemed to more then hold it water at a fraction of the price, so kudos', and good luck on future products. I'm running osx/10.8.5/ mactower 4,1 dual quad core, ....how much heavy lifting on the cpu does each instantiation take? ... and are their plans for oversampling to be implemented yet?

Constant output would be a real boon, as in mixing i usually like to put plugins whilst rest of mix is running to get the real sound of how it effects a mix before further sculpting of parameters, and gain changes psychologically wreak havoc on the nuances obviously. Not sure how hard that is to implement.

but carry on! and good work!
Thanks. It shouldn't affect your setup too much. You may get a few CPU spikes when tweaking multiple controls at time, but if you leave it it's just 1-3% CPU on my Macbook.

We are still trying to figure out what to do. Adding another knob (even small) or a button means changing the layout completely which means a lot more work.
I'm considering a small free plug-in as addition to the Valve Exciter/Filter to "tame" the output, something like a soft clipper maybe, specifically tuned to match our plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Did you design the GUI for Satin?
No I did not and neither my graphic designer.
Old 5th August 2014
  #40
Gear Maniac
 
lapsang's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thanks a lot! The price will be the same at least until August 15th.
Cool, thanks a lot. I'm playing with the demo but I want to test it a little bit more before buying.
Old 6th August 2014
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
 

This really rocks on accoustic guitars, nice and shimmery top end. Great on percussion and cymbals too. Looking forward to trying it on vox.
As for the extra knobs, switch GUI problem, how about a click on the logo opens up a back view which has extras like constant gain and input / output etc.?
Old 7th August 2014
  #42
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
This really rocks on accoustic guitars, nice and shimmery top end. Great on percussion and cymbals too. Looking forward to trying it on vox.
As for the extra knobs, switch GUI problem, how about a click on the logo opens up a back view which has extras like constant gain and input / output etc.?
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it. Also thanks for the idea, it may actually be a very good solution.
Old 10th August 2014
  #43
Lives for gear
 
eightyeightkeys's Avatar
Very cool sounding plug. Lots of character.

+1 on a Wet/Dry Mix Knob & either an Auto Gain or just a plain ol' gain Knob/Fader.

Also, it would be nice to have the option to reduce treble within the plug (not externally having to switch out of the GUI) while at the same time imparting drive...etc...I starting demo'ing it on an instrument where it made an immediate change/improvement in tonality, but, ultimately the instrument became a bit too bright and "popped" a bit too much.
Old 12th August 2014
  #44
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyeightkeys View Post
Very cool sounding plug. Lots of character.

+1 on a Wet/Dry Mix Knob & either an Auto Gain or just a plain ol' gain Knob/Fader.

Also, it would be nice to have the option to reduce treble within the plug (not externally having to switch out of the GUI) while at the same time imparting drive...etc...I starting demo'ing it on an instrument where it made an immediate change/improvement in tonality, but, ultimately the instrument became a bit too bright and "popped" a bit too much.
Thanks! We are working to fix a couple of bugs with Cubase so there will be an update soon that will also include input/output controls (for now not graphics, only internal controls). Also as already said, the drive acts as a wet/dry control. You may also use the plugin in send to have full wet/dry control.
Old 16th August 2014
  #45
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Update v1.0.2 is out!

- Dropped support for VST3
- Fixed host settings recall for VST
- Fixed Live/Studio One internal bypass bug
- Improved CPU usage and reduced size
- Added Input/Output controls (not in GUI)

You can upgrade downloading the demo at the bottom of the product page: Valve Exciter | AudioThing

Input and Output controls are not included in the GUI but are fully automatable. I know it's not practical yet, but I prefered to fix the bugs first.

If you use Live you can click on the "arrow down" icon next to the wrench icon in the plugin rack.
If you use Cubase you can click on the "arrow down" icon on the top-right of the plugin window and then choose Switch to Generic Editor.
If you use Logic you can click on Editor menu in the plugin window and choose Controls.
Old 17th August 2014
  #46
Lives for gear
 
jimmydeluxe's Avatar
demo doesn't work on studio one--asks for license, click cancel=no sound

edit: vst2 actually crashes S1 when removing, au demo works, will test

edit #2: au doesn't work, just passes audio, asks for license
Old 17th August 2014
  #47
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Ops! Sorry about that, I actually forgot to turn on the demo version
Files are now updated. If you have a Mac use Studio One or Live please use the AU version which is probably more stable.
Old 19th August 2014
  #48
Gear Maniac
 
lapsang's Avatar
 

I'm still trying it in demo mode and the update is much better. When do you think you'll release an update with the in/out controls in the GUI?
Old 21st August 2014
  #49
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsang View Post
I'm still trying it in demo mode and the update is much better. When do you think you'll release an update with the in/out controls in the GUI?
Not sure yet, we have so many things to finish first but hopefully soon.
Old 28th August 2014
  #50
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Intro Price will end on September, 1st.
Old 28th August 2014
  #51
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Intro Price will end on September, 1st.
Just bought... Waiting for the key... *smile*
Old 28th August 2014
  #52
Here for the gear
 

I get a strange bug in cubase 7.5.2 on windows 7 32-bit
When i have it as a insert on stereotracks it randomly mutes the right channel and then it stays that way until I take it of.
Old 28th August 2014
  #53
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Just bought... Waiting for the key... *smile*
Thanks for your purchase. You should have received an email with a link to generate your key file. It's an automatic process so check your spam folder if you didn't got it, or contact us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rill spector View Post
I get a strange bug in cubase 7.5.2 on windows 7 32-bit
When i have it as a insert on stereotracks it randomly mutes the right channel and then it stays that way until I take it of.
Can you be more specific? Does it happen after you do something in particular? I just tried on Cubase Elements 7 (64-bit) playing for 30 minutes or so and everything is as it should. Are you also using other plug-ins on that track?
Old 29th August 2014
  #54
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thanks for your purchase. You should have received an email with a link to generate your key file. It's an automatic process so check your spam folder if you didn't got it, or contact us.
Hmmm....Not in the spam folder. Just sent you an email through your Contact Us link. Thanks!
Old 29th August 2014
  #55
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Hmmm....Not in the spam folder. Just sent you an email through your Contact Us link. Thanks!
Just replied
Old 29th August 2014
  #56
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Just replied
Ah! Haven't received any email. Checked spam filter and everything. Should I give you a different email address?
Old 29th August 2014
  #57
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Ah! Haven't received any email. Checked spam filter and everything. Should I give you a different email address?
That's really strange. Please send me a PM here with your transaction ID or try with another email address.
Old 29th August 2014
  #58
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
That's really strange. Please send me a PM here with your transaction ID or try with another email address.
PM'd ya. Thanks!
Old 29th August 2014
  #59
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
PM'd ya. Thanks!
Replied both email and PM!
Old 29th August 2014
  #60
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Replied both email and PM!
YES!!! Up and running!! Thank you. Awesome customer service too, besides a great sounding plug-in.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump