The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMG Audio DUALISM Equalizer Plugins
Old 15th July 2014
Lives for gear

DMG Audio DUALISM

It's out now and i find it very handy for quite a few things!

DMG Audio : VST/AU EQ, Compression & Dynamic Processing
Old 15th July 2014
Lives for gear

Will K stereo finally be outdone?!
Old 15th July 2014
Lives for gear
Wow this is cool. I need to spend some time with this
Old 16th July 2014
The analyzers, graphs and meters are incredibly accurate and responsive, and visually stunning!
Old 16th July 2014
Expensive - in all regards.

Didn't see that one coming from DMG - quite underwhelmed to be honest. Expected a dynamic EQ or the ultimate COMPendium or something. Sure many other guys will dig this as I am sure it's highest-quality stuff like everything DMG does, but I'll pass right now since 1 - I'm not that freaked out on metering and the Brainworx stuff covers my stereo needs pretty well and 2 - wife will beat me senseless if I spend over 200 bucks on a stereo tool.

Hope it turns out fine for DMG anyway.

Cheers
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear
Whats the side->mid and mid->side sliders do? I mean usually isn't there just 1 control?
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

It gives us many ways to look at our audio and allows us to alter the stereo output of it in many ways. The best analysers I've ever seen. You can configure it to show you what you want just like with EQuilibrium so one screenshot of it only shows you a bit of what it has . fantastic.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

I've got all his plugs so far & love em but don't think I'll be shelling out for this as I have it covered elsewhere, I was hoping for something a bit more exciting (a DMG saturator please).

Does look very nice tho……..
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

€208 is pretty expensive, especially considering it's an introductory price. Would have purchased it today if it was half that price. Now I'm probably never going to buy it.

But yeah, it looks nice! I wish DMG Audio to sell a lot! But I can't stop believing that he would probably sell three times more if he would cut the price in half. But that's my uneducated guess.
Old 16th July 2014
Looks stunning. But how comes this:

Specifically not supported (might work, but I can't test/support these platforms):
Windows 95/98
OS X 10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4

I can live with no support for Win95 & 98
But Mavericks not supported? Feels a little strange to me, since it is available mor then 9 months A no go for me at that price point. Sorry.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear
?

OS X 10.0 : Cheetah
OS X 10.1 : Puma
OS X 10.2 : Jaguar
OS X 10.3 : Panther
OS X 10.4 : Tiger
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Interesting... Will certainly demo the plugin!
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
But Mavericks not supported? Feels a little strange to me, since it is available mor then 9 months
Mavericks fully supported. Website updated.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Pricewise, you should be seeing a reduction of £10 for every DMGAudio product you own.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Expanding analyzer to full screen and than trying to close it freezes my daw.
Studio One 2, Win 7 32
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axembler View Post
Expanding analyzer to full screen and than trying to close it freezes my daw.
Studio One 2, Win 7 32
It froze Cubase 7.5 here too. Win7x64
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

If you can send through crash reports, I can fix it.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Actually it freezes all the time no matter what I do...just load it in studio one, run some audio and try to close it...freeze
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axembler View Post
Actually it freezes all the time no matter what I do...just load it in studio one, run some audio and try to close it...freeze
+1 same for Cubase
sometimes if I wait it will eventually function, sometimes not...
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Any crash dumps would be good I'm ready and raring to fix stuff!
Grab some of your .dmp files and mail 'em over and I'll fix it up.

We've not been able to find any crashes like this in beta testing, but with the switch to opengl it was inevitable some weirdness would occur for some people with some graphics cards.

I'm also going to ask the following questions:
1. Does it ONLY crash on closing fullscreen/main window?
2. How many monitors do you have?
Edit: 3. What's your graphics card?

Dave.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

If the price seems high, you might be unaware of some of the features included.
Maybe they don't matter to you now, but Dualism is cheaper than most plugins
that do nothing but ITU1770 loudness measurement. It's cheaper than most plugins
that give you 3d visualisation. It's cheaper than buying a suite of stereo analysers.
It's cheaper than buying all the stereo tools you'd otherwise need to do the same job.

Dualism offers everything in one unified solution. You get a phenomenal number of features.

And best of all if there's something you feel is missing, we'll be adding it.

We set out to make the definitive platform for stereo manipulation and analysis.

NOTHING WILL STOP US!
Old 16th July 2014
Looks great, seems to have similar features to iZotope Insight (plus all the stereo manipulation stuff) at half the price, so will definitely be demoing it!
Old 16th July 2014
Price has to be put into perspective, and it is high if you don't need all or most of the features, which are nice things to have but not really a necessity to many people (myself included). I got more metering than I actually need with Cubase 7's new meters plus all the other stuff that I already have for metering and stereo manipulation. It boils down to the needs of each one - I'm sure some guys will find it very valuable and well worth the asking price.
Old 16th July 2014
Crashy in Audiomulch too, graphics look weird when you move the window quickly, and when going into full screen the whole program freezes for about 30 seconds. Win 7 64, VST 32, Asus HD7770 graphics card. Can send the crash report if you like?
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaluma View Post
Looks great, seems to have similar features to iZotope Insight (plus all the stereo manipulation stuff) at half the price, so will definitely be demoing it!
Yes, price shouldn't be an issue with this.

Anyway, I tried the demo (by the way, works just fine in Reaper) and it seems pretty good. However I think I'm going to pass this one, it doesn't bring anything new to what I already have. If I didn't had any type of loudness metering solution already I would be all over this though... Good work!
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

Hi Dave

What about AXX support for PT 11 ?

Ok i see it now you must have updated the info your site.

I will give this a go, downloading now and will report back soon.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaluma View Post
Crashy in Audiomulch too, graphics look weird when you move the window quickly, and when going into full screen the whole program freezes for about 30 seconds. Win 7 64, VST 32, Asus HD7770 graphics card. Can send the crash report if you like?
Yes please! All and any crash reports welcome!

Still not seeing any repro of this yet. :-/

Dave.
Old 16th July 2014
I am getting a hard crash in Ableton Live 9 (osX.6.8), when switching between the graph presets
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

How do I load a file into the A/B inputs for reference?
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

Nice work Dave

Working fine so-far in PT 11HD OSX 10.9.3
Will give it some hammer tonight
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search