The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMG Audio DUALISM Equalizer Plugins
Old 16th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmastawoods View Post
How do I load a file into the A/B inputs for reference?
Use the "Side Chain" drop down menu to select the #2 (B) input.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
Use the "Side Chain" drop down menu to select the #2 (B) input.
Thanks much!
Old 17th July 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Has anyone used this in RTAS?

Think I will give it a go.
I just bought Nugen's Analyzer and Waves PAZ so, not sure I need this
though this does look cool.

Does the FFT Analyzer go full screen?

So what does the demo give and not give?

I do love the Equilibrium.
I do not have all the rest though.

Marc...
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

I try to receive the demo licence. The system says it it sent to my email, but I do not receive the mail. Spam is fine...
Wrote to support already, no answer yet - no worries I just want to make sure you receive this issue.

Update - I changed my emailadress and now it worked... problem solved, sorry for not checking this before...
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Does the FFT Analyzer go full screen?
All the analysers go full screen; it's like living in the future on a touchscreen, some kind of Minority Report shizz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
So what does the demo give and not give?
I think they're always the same, 30 days no restrictions at all, check the website.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

I know this is a stereo tool... but if the metering was suited for surround work I´d buy it instantaneous...
@Dave - have you thought about this step?
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

£10 off per DMG plugin already owned brings the price right down for some. Login before you check the price.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg5 View Post
I know this is a stereo tool... but if the metering was suited for surround work I´d buy it instantaneous...
@Dave - have you thought about this step?
Naturally. The quick summary is that THIS product is a stereo unit, through and through, and surround does not integrate here in any meaningful sense.

But also, I'm sitting on a huge stockpile of analysers, so there's that, eh?
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

Just had quick 20minute play with it, and it's def my favourite analyzer from now on. Just being poor hobbyist can't buy it now, but maybe later. Anyways great analyzer! My favourite so far.
Old 17th July 2014
TZk
Gear Maniac

Dave,

Even on the introduction price, a reduction of £10 for every DMG product?
I get a reduction of £15 and I have all the dmgaudio products.
So it doesn't calculate correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGamble View Post
Pricewise, you should be seeing a reduction of £10 for every DMGAudio product you own.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Naturally. The quick summary is that THIS product is a stereo unit, through and through, and surround does not integrate here in any meaningful sense.

But also, I'm sitting on a huge stockpile of analysers, so there's that, eh?
Yes, that is right and understood.

The only thing is, that I really like your metering and I am in the market for a surround metering anyways...

From what I have tested so far this unit can be very useful for certain tasks... but probably not an instantaneous buy. Need to test some more.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZk View Post
Dave,

Even on the introduction price, a reduction of £10 for every DMG product?
I get a reduction of £15 and I have all the dmgaudio products.
So it doesn't calculate correctly?
Edit:
Nope. My bad. Tag price is £175 (£160 this month) plus discounts. Site wasn't displaying it right.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

For anyone who's seen hangs, v1.01 is out now and aims to fix everything reported so far
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

This plugin could be what I've been looking for some time now! I'm very excited. Regarding feeding input 2, Protools provides only a mono sidechain. Any suggestions?
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Is it me or everytime DMG drope some i see concept and inspiration from other plugins even the GUI !! ?

sound wise it's always good ...anyway ...
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Is it me or everytime DMG drope some i see concept and inspiration from other plugins even the GUI !! ?
Good artists borrow, great artists steal?

But actually, I have no real idea what you're talking about here- do explain! Unless you mean me improving on my older designs. Not sure I can take criticism for that!

It's interesting, since the Dualism UI strongly moves away from the look of the 'norm' for plugins, and towards Ive/Metro antiskeumorphism.

Still, everyone has different eyes, eh?

Dave.
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

But actually, I have no real idea what you're talking about here- do explain! Unless you mean me improving on my older designs. Not sure I can take criticism for that!

It's interesting, since the Dualism UI strongly moves away from the look of the 'norm' for plugins, and towards Ive/Metro antiskeumorphism.

Dave.
i see a fleeting similarity to fabfilter's limiter in certain layouts of dualism.... only fleeting though.

other than that DMG plugins look like DMG plugins, nothing else IMO.
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

I've been getting deep into Dualism this weekend.

The 3D Spectrogram is beyond incredible and really requires an hour or two of exploration to fully appreciate. I can see this as the very start of a new way of interacting with, and in the future, processing audio. Words really don't do it justice.

The FFT analyser is also by far the most useful I've used and can be configured in so many ways that most users will be able to find/design an analyser that they can fall in love with. I'm very visual so am having a lot of fun configuring suites of analysers within Dualism that really help to offer more insight to what's going on in complex mixes.

As a tool strip for modifying the stereo image it really has got everything I need, so for me it's replacing SPAN, MSED, Flux Stereo tools and several other stereo plugins and analysers. Those are all great plugins and some of them also free, but having it all there in one interface (and then some) is going to save me hours a month, I just know it.

I would love the oscilloscope to have a mode that can update a snapshot of the audio at a user defined BPM & beat division. Also, an analog style vu meter that can be fed a blend of peak and smoothed averaged analysis signals would really complete the suite of analysers for me.

It's definitely not a cheap plugin, but as an engineers master channel controller it is pretty hard to beat.

Cheers

Conundra
Old 20th July 2014
Gear Head

Still testing...

There is no feature included to make the low end mono?
Or do I overlook something?
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

HPF on S will do that on the master output section.

Can someone help me figure out how to import a stereo second input in PT?
Old 20th July 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg5 View Post
Still testing...

There is no feature included to make the low end mono?
Or do I overlook something?
Yes there is.

It is discussed in the KVR forum

KVR: DMG Dualism (Topic in the 'Effects' forum)
Old 20th July 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra View Post
HPF on S will do that on the master output section.
Thanks for the hint. Should have known that myself :face palm:
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Dave.
I think jeezus is mostly on about his perceived DMG vs. eliosis thing, but this could be something else, too.

I'll have to consult my decoder ring (do y'all have Cracker Jacks in UK and FR? Cracker Jaques?).

Regarding the plug-in, I'm on the fence as to whether we actually need it or not, though you get a big BRAVO nonetheless.

Can we do EMI-style shuffling, too?

Here's a nice paper left by The Gerz:

http://www.audiosignal.co.uk/Resourc...uffling_A4.pdf

We have all three DMG EQs and pitchfunk, so the total discount is nice.

Hmm...

EDIT: GBP to USD is not nice, though... hows about an extra break for us poor Americans?
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Dave.
Well i'm talking all your plugin line ....i ain't gonna start a debate here but , on this particular one i see Flux & Ircam style of GUI obvious , on another i see Fabfilter ect ...and not only GUI sometime , but it's your right and it's not a "bad" constation from me or an accusation , i'm just asking if somebody else have noticed ....

Concept and Gui is one thing , coding and making sounds good is another ...since you make the second very well ....this speaks by itself ....

Seeing those picture , looks like the same plugins line !

Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
I think jeezus is mostly on about his perceived DMG vs. eliosis thing, but this could be something else, too.
No idea.

Quote:
Can we do EMI-style shuffling, too?
Use EQuilibrium for that. Just make sure you have the "Mid and Side" pref set.

Dave.
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seeing those picture , looks like the same plugins line !
Very interesting! Obviously Krzysz is the right person to talk about this properly, but I have a hunch (which he can later agree or disagree with) about what you're seeing.

First off, Dualism and Ircam don't share ANY control types, nor the same typefaces, nor the same layout/structuring practices, which leads me to conclude that what you're seeing as commonality is colour!

Krzysz and I have been following a path of minimising usage of colour as far as reasonably possible. You can see the process of desaturating structural colours (backgrounds and separators in greys) and colour is only used to add highlight to presented information. The IRCAM stuff follows a similar principle some of the time. Their structural colours are in general quite desaturated, and both designs keep to use of very minimal texture.

Also, the IRCAM stuff you've linked to uses a similar blue to DMGAudio blue (#5785a6), which is our signature brand colour. If memory serves, Krzysz chose it as a perceptual mean of the colours in use in DAWs that were around at the start of 2010 when we were working on EQuality. Obviously this predates the Flux stuff by a fair bit, but we can't claim ownership of the colour!

Nonetheless, that colour forms the key signature of our brand. It's the basis (hue-wise, with varying saturations and intensities) for the background of EQuality, Compassion and PitchFunk, and is used liberally all through all our products. For Dualism, we wanted to keep things very minimal and clean, so that was the obvious colour to use!

So, in summary, I think what you're seeing is just the colour combination of desaturated structural colours/textures and a blue chosen to sit well with DAWs!

Of course, the screenshots are deliberately emphasising the use of DMGAudio blue for the sake of recognisability. Within the plugin you can go wild with colours and set things up as you please. The control elements (the fader-bars) and label text ("dB", "%" etc) stick to DMGAudio blue.

Hope this helps,

Dave.
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Color is one thing , "your blue signature" could have been implemented in thousands of interface style , this is too close to be an hazard , of course there's some small diffrence and A CHANCE it is not indetical !!

Hazard when consecutif several times stops to be an hazard is what i say , and it engage only me !
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
... and A CHANCE it is not indetical !!
Intentional OR identical??
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Intentional OR identical??
lol you have the choice ..ahah
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Color is one thing ,
Agreed. It's the only commonality I can find.
As I pointed out, there's no similarity in typeface, controls, layout practice or information presentation.

What other commonality do you see?

Quote:
"your blue signature" could have been implemented in thousands of interface style , this is too close to be an hazard , of course there's some small diffrence and A CHANCE it is not indetical !!

Hazard when consecutif several times stops to be an hazard is what i say , and it engage only me !
I'm afraid I didn't understand this section of your reply, sorry.

Dave.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search