The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VOS/TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition
Old 4 weeks ago
  #391
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
Love this eq, but using an Apple trackpad is a little difficulty .... sliding with two fingers makes the parameter chang too fast .... any suggestions?
There are some knob speed scaling options. Click the gear icon on the top right and experiment there.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #392
Gear Nut
 

it's not changing anything .... think I have tried everything :-(
Old 4 weeks ago
  #393
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
Love this eq, but using an Apple trackpad is a little difficulty .... sliding with two fingers makes the parameter chang too fast .... any suggestions?
Change knobs mode to linear one in plugin settings. (I'm on Apple trackpad on Mac too and it works for me)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #394
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
Once you find a good one, save it as default preset (this defies the randomized seed by when loading the plugin. It then uses your preset instead).

right click preset bar for an advanced menu
Messing with this dual mono randomization, the phi phase and the outstage certainly opened up a whole new interesting avenue in this plugin. In general I´m no fan of random stuff and on this one I would love to have a possibility to control whatever dual mono setting the random comes up with.
Lets say I found an interesting setting and like it but still wanna explore further then I will loose what I had unless I start saving stuff and then its not as intuitive any more....

edit: The brainworx channel strips does this in a smart way...

Last edited by bigisland; 4 weeks ago at 09:14 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
  #395
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Change knobs mode to linear one in plugin settings. (I'm on Apple trackpad on Mac too and it works for me)
Have tried that, and that's not working.
I have to press on the trackpad while sliding the finger .... so annoying
Old 4 weeks ago
  #396
Lives for gear
You no longer send out update emails out?

Last edited by miscend; 4 weeks ago at 12:45 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
  #397
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
Once you find a good one, save it as default preset (this defies the randomized seed by when loading the plugin. It then uses your preset instead).

right click preset bar for an advanced menu
Hi Fabien, that's fine. thanks for the suggestion. Also thanks for new output saturation model I like it!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #398
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
You no longer send out update emails out?
I got an update email after 1.3.1. Are you subscribed to their list? Checked SPAM?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #399
If you faced any "this is not a valid x64 AAX plugin" issues before pls try to redownload and reinstall! We fixed the mac installers.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #400
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I got an update email after 1.3.1. Are you subscribed to their list? Checked SPAM?
I got one today. But the update was last week?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #401
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
I got one today. But the update was last week?
That’s not uncommon. You do a soft launch, make sure there are no crazy bugs, maybe do a hotfix, then once confident, notify the masses.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #402
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
That’s not uncommon. You do a soft launch, make sure there are no crazy bugs, maybe do a hotfix, then once confident, notify the masses.
Exactly. We try to avoid pushing the button and disappointing 100k people in one moment.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #403
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Exactly. We try to avoid pushing the button and disappointing 100k people in one moment.
Hey I know I've asked this a couple times, and after this I'll stop, but is there a reason that the Average and Max modes were removed from the visual/display analyzer in this newest version? And/or, is there any chance of getting them back?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #404
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysane View Post
Hey I know I've asked this a couple times, and after this I'll stop, but is there a reason that the Average and Max modes were removed from the visual/display analyzer in this newest version? And/or, is there any chance of getting them back?
There were reasons to remove them because they conflicted with SmartOps window operations.

Also there were a lot of requests to return them back.

Right now I'm not ready to answer is it possible/easy enough to return this functionality back. But I'll take a look in a couple of days and return with the answer. Feel free to bother me if I'll accidentally forget to do this.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #405
Lives for gear
 
DrAudioBot's Avatar
This might be a bit too wishful thinking, but after seeing the left and right curve inside plugin doctor in dual mono mode and the variants when double-clicking the logo, I found it helpful to see which were more or less drastic.

The ear will be the judge of course, but if it's not a huge deal to implement, a dual frequency response (L/R) curve would be awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
VOS/TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition-tdr1.png   VOS/TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition-tdr2.png  

Last edited by DrAudioBot; 4 weeks ago at 08:56 AM.. Reason: typoooo
Old 4 weeks ago
  #406
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
There were reasons to remove them because they conflicted with SmartOps window operations.

Also there were a lot of requests to return them back.

Right now I'm not ready to answer is it possible/easy enough to return this functionality back. But I'll take a look in a couple of days and return with the answer. Feel free to bother me if I'll accidentally forget to do this.
Thank you! That’s all I wanted to know. Thank you for all your work and efforts on our behalf.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #407
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
The ear will be the judge of course, but if it's not a huge deal to implement, a dual frequency response (L/R) curve would be awesome.
Yep, great suggestion.
I was a little bit disappointed the first time I selected Dual Mono and there was no dual frequency response curve.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Yep, great suggestion.
I was a little bit disappointed the first time I selected Dual Mono and there was no dual frequency response curve.
Easy, we'll add a second curve.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #409
Gear Head
 

Dual Mono with Seven Output Stage has done some subtle but very interesting enhancement in the master I'm doing of an aggressive Rock album.

Will love to know more about this new "Seven" Output Stage.

Well Done TDR!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #410
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Dual Mono with Seven Output Stage has done some subtle but very interesting enhancement in the master I'm doing of an aggressive Rock album.

Will love to know more about this new "Seven" Output Stage.

Well Done TDR!
Fabien wrote the following on FB page: "It can be seen as a crude rate of change soft clipper. The faster a signal grows, the harder it will saturate.
Seven is very aggressive."

Can't add more)
Old 3 weeks ago
  #411
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
Thank you for making an already great product even better!

I personally love using limited choice eq plugins for their quick and creative workflow and usually run SlickEQ in stepped mode

I know SlickEQ isn't trying to be an emulation of anything but I thought it would be awesome to have the option of using stepped EQ frequencies that represent the EQ Model chosen with real world hardware inspired choices.

For example:

With BRITISH EQ Mode selected and the option of EQ Frequency matching on.

The HF would have the neve (1073/1081/1084) inspired steps of 10k, 12k, 16k
The LF 33, 35, 56, 60, 100, 110, 180, 330
MF... well, you get the idea

The others EQ Models would follow in a similar manner : American (550a) German (W295b) etc.

It would also be amazing and very useful to be able to set the level of the volume steps to 0.5, 1 or 2 dB
Old 3 weeks ago
  #412
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Thank you for making an already great product even better!

I personally love using limited choice eq plugins for their quick and creative workflow and usually run SlickEQ in stepped mode

I know SlickEQ isn't trying to be an emulation of anything but I thought it would be awesome to have the option of using stepped EQ frequencies that represent the EQ Model chosen with real world hardware inspired choices.

For example:

With BRITISH EQ Mode selected and the option of EQ Frequency matching on.

The HF would have the neve (1073/1081/1084) inspired steps of 10k, 12k, 16k
The LF 33, 35, 56, 60, 100, 110, 180, 330
MF... well, you get the idea

The others EQ Models would follow in a similar manner : American (550a) German (W295b) etc.

It would also be amazing and very useful to be able to set the level of the volume steps to 0.5, 1 or 2 dB
I like this idea, although I just usually end up doing the same thing manually. You could go even farther and restrict the high shelf to 2db steps a la Helios.

But.... I also like having the very tiny steps for mastering purposes.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #413
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Thank you for making an already great product even better!

I personally love using limited choice eq plugins for their quick and creative workflow and usually run SlickEQ in stepped mode

I know SlickEQ isn't trying to be an emulation of anything but I thought it would be awesome to have the option of using stepped EQ frequencies that represent the EQ Model chosen with real world hardware inspired choices.

For example:

With BRITISH EQ Mode selected and the option of EQ Frequency matching on.

The HF would have the neve (1073/1081/1084) inspired steps of 10k, 12k, 16k
The LF 33, 35, 56, 60, 100, 110, 180, 330
MF... well, you get the idea

The others EQ Models would follow in a similar manner : American (550a) German (W295b) etc.

It would also be amazing and very useful to be able to set the level of the volume steps to 0.5, 1 or 2 dB
You can already do something like that, but only globally:

Quote:
Stepped controls in SlickEQ | vladg/sound

Why do you want to use stepped controls in an equalizer? I see 2 possible reasons: To quickly adjust*the sound you like (something like a coarse tuning before the fine tuning) To quickly match 2 instances of the plugin Probably you didn't know that*SlickEQ supports stepped controls by right mouse drag or Ctrl + mouse…
Old 3 weeks ago
  #415
Lives for gear
I had no clue it did that. Pretty cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #416
We plan adding a nice editor for these snapmaps at some point.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #417
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
We plan adding a nice editor for these snapmaps at some point.
That's exciting, thanks!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump