The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VOS/TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition
Old 30th October 2019
  #361
Gear Maniac
 

Hey...I just got home to test it and I noticed something: the display has lost it's hold/average/max modes. Is it possible to bring those back?

I used that display mode on virtually every mix I've done since adding SlickEQ, and it saved me having to flip windows back and forth between an analyzer with similar capability.
Old 30th October 2019
  #362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysane View Post
On a related note, I love finding the target frequency, flipping through the different modes, and letting my ears guide me on what sounds best (rather than continuously tweaking Q and level as on other EQs). I was mastering a podcast and needed to cut from the upper mids to reduce harshness due to distortion, and after quickly auditioning all 5, Soviet was the clear winner for cleaning up those frequencies. Only took a couple minutes.
Try this with the new Dual Mono modes, double click the logo for a gazillion more options.
Old 30th October 2019
  #363
Gear Addict
 
dione's Avatar
Bought to complete my TDR collection, good stuff

Noticed a thing with the vst3 in Cubase 10 : cannot bypass the plug-in from project window or the normal bypass button, plug-in editor has to be open and the internal bypass button has to be used. Is this intentional ?
Old 30th October 2019
  #364
Here for the gear
 

Do you plan to add insane?
I like insane mode sound of nova and 6GE very much.
Old 31st October 2019
  #365
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Noticed a thing with the vst3 in Cubase 10 : cannot bypass the plug-in from project window or the normal bypass button, plug-in editor has to be open and the internal bypass button has to be used. Is this intentional ?
Looks like a bug in VST3 version. In VST2 version soft-bypass in Cubase works okay. Added to "fix" list.
Old 31st October 2019
  #366
Gear Addict
 
dione's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Looks like a bug in VST3 version. In VST2 version soft-bypass in Cubase works okay. Added to "fix" list.
Okay, thanx for the quick reply
Old 31st October 2019
  #367
Gear Addict
 
Bouroki's Avatar
 

Guys there's something wrong with the British shelves. They seem much higher up / lower down than they used to be. Pretty sure they weren't like this.
Old 31st October 2019
  #368
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Guys there's something wrong with the British shelves. They seem much higher up / lower down than they used to be. Pretty sure they weren't like this.
Hey Bouroki, you're the best! The frequencies of shelves in British mode in new version are shifted indeed! We'll fix it ASAP!
Old 31st October 2019
  #369
Gear Addict
 
Bouroki's Avatar
 

The tolerance modeling here seems even more advanced than a certain other "patent-pending" method. The offset is dynamic and keeps changing & morphing with frequency/gain, whereas in the other method it is completely static. Love how it is just thrown in there as a nice li'l extra feature and not aggressively marketed as a groundbreaking game-changer
Old 31st October 2019
  #370
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
The tolerance modeling here seems even more advanced than a certain other "patent-pending" method. The offset is dynamic and keeps changing & morphing with frequency/gain, whereas in the other method it is completely static. Love how it is just thrown in there as a nice li'l extra feature and not aggressively marketed as a groundbreaking game-changer
The tolerance curves were captured from 20 channels of real SSL 4000 console.

(the British shelves fix is on the way...)

Last edited by vladg; 31st October 2019 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: (the British shelves fix is on the way...)
Old 31st October 2019
  #371
Gear Maniac
 
PhelixK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
The tolerance curves were captured from 20 channels of real SSL 4000 console.
Really great additions, also runs fine on macOS10.15.1!

Which console model was used for the measurements, E, G, G+ ??

And, is it correct randomization are very subtle, like +/- 0.1dB?
Just want to double check since I didn’t find specific info in manual.

edit: ah ok, I found the tolerances are related to gain structure, there's more difference than I thought at first.

Thanks for the quick 1.3.1 fix)

Last edited by PhelixK; 1st November 2019 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 1st November 2019
  #372
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
(the British shelves fix is on the way...)

Hotfix update 1.3.1 released for SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE.

TDR VOS SlickEQ - Changes
1.3.1 Hotfix

# Fixed VST3 soft bypass
# Fixed British shelves

Free download here: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/


TDR VOS SlickEQ GE - Changes
1.3.1 hotfix update

# Fixed GFX glitches
# Fixed VST3 soft bypass
# Fixed British shelves


License owners find the latest version under their library: https://store.tokyodawn.net

A demo is also available: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq-ge/
Old 1st November 2019
  #373
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
Hotfix update 1.3.1 released for SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE.

TDR VOS SlickEQ - Changes
1.3.1 Hotfix

# Fixed VST3 soft bypass
# Fixed British shelves

Free download here: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/


TDR VOS SlickEQ GE - Changes
1.3.1 hotfix update

# Fixed GFX glitches
# Fixed VST3 soft bypass
# Fixed British shelves


License owners find the latest version under their library: https://store.tokyodawn.net

A demo is also available: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq-ge/
Thanks! Any word on if the “Average/Max” analyzer options from the previous editions will be coming back?
Old 1st November 2019
  #374
Lives for gear
 
zvukofor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
...
Which console model was used for the measurements, E, G, G+ ??
....
4k console with G+ channels thru Lynx Aurora 16 converters.
Old 1st November 2019
  #375
Jtt
Gear Addict
 
Jtt's Avatar
 

Thank you for the zero latency mode
Old 1st November 2019
  #376
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Which console model was used for the measurements, E, G, G+ ??

And, is it correct randomization are very subtle, like +/- 0.1dB?
Just want to double check since I didn’t find specific info in manual.

edit: ah ok, I found the tolerances are related to gain structure, there's more difference than I thought at first.

It's not randomizations actually. There is a pool of measured channel models. Each instance of SlickEQ GE has random seed to select random pair of these channels. BTW, you may regenerate this random seed by double clicking on "SlickEQ" logo on the left ("dual mono" mode should be on).

For gain parameters the max difference between channels is about 0.6 dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
4k console with G+ channels thru Lynx Aurora 16 converters.
Yeah, the measurements were epic!



Check this post too: https://www.instagram.com/p/B32RADMHFIq/
Old 1st November 2019
  #377
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Bought to complete my TDR collection, good stuff

Noticed a thing with the vst3 in Cubase 10 : cannot bypass the plug-in from project window or the normal bypass button, plug-in editor has to be open and the internal bypass button has to be used. Is this intentional ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Ruiz View Post
Thanks for the nice update. Just a very minor cosmetical issue: in Cubase, the VST3 version of SlickEQ appears by default in the "Other" plugin category, instead of in the "EQ" section as it should. I guess it would be the same in other DAWs, as this category tag is something you have to set in the plugin itself when you compile it. Not a big deal, but maybe you want to take it into account for future releases.
Guys, these bugs are fixed in the update: VOS/TDR SlickEQ Gentleman's Edition
Old 1st November 2019
  #378
Here for the gear
 

I tried 1.3.1.
If I use phi filter with dual mono mode, I will hear strange sound.
Old 1st November 2019
  #379
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonsister View Post
I tried 1.3.1.
If I use phi filter with dual mono mode, I will hear strange sound.
Halloweenish phase distortions?
Old 1st November 2019
  #380
Lives for gear
 
galaydees's Avatar
 

Wonderful update!

Do wish tuning smart ops suggestion would not cause panel to collapse (not only Slick GE). Could be more intuitive if smart panel retained user tweaks and applied them to subsequent range knob turning before user hits 'apply'
Old 1st November 2019
  #381
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Halloweenish phase distortions?
Yes!
I guess this distortions are not intentional.
Old 1st November 2019
  #382
lol, no this wasn't exactly intentional. Just began discovering the results. I like the creative possibilities of Dual Mono + Phi! It's something between a random static phazer and a broken EQ. I can imagine it could provoke nice coincidences in a mix. For lead instruments in particular.

I'm for keeping this "bug" (it's really just the logical consequence of applying stereo tolerance to a strong phase shift), it's fun, no?
Old 1st November 2019
  #383
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Do wish tuning smart ops suggestion would not cause panel to collapse (not only Slick GE). Could be more intuitive if smart panel retained user tweaks and applied them to subsequent range knob turning before user hits 'apply'
We'll try to improve this, but I think it's difficult to solve logically (i.e. what has priority? The last human change or the latest SmartOps suggestion?).
Old 1st November 2019
  #384
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
lol, no this wasn't exactly intentional. Just began discovering the results. I like the creative possibilities of Dual Mono + Phi! It's something between a random static phazer and a broken EQ. I can imagine it could provoke nice coincidences in a mix. For lead instruments in particular.

I'm for keeping this "bug" (it's really just the logical consequence of applying tolerance to a strong phase shift), it's fun, no?
I think it's good idea.
It can be used to create noise/ambient style sounds.
Maybe good for pads.
Old 2nd November 2019
  #385
Gear Nut
 

Midi is triggering or cycling through the various modes, Soviet, German, American etc. while the Smart Ops window is open. Its repeatable and I have screen capture if need be.
Old 2nd November 2019
  #386
Gear Addict
 
vladg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPani View Post
Midi is triggering or cycling through the various modes, Soviet, German, American etc. while the Smart Ops window is open. Its repeatable and I have screen capture if need be.
MIDI notes are triggered? Cool. Please fill bug report and sends us link to the video to check: https://www.tokyodawn.net/fill-a-bug-report/
Old 3rd November 2019
  #387
Gear Nut
 

Thanks for the upsdate!
How many seeds are there for dual mono mode? Is there any chance to make posiible selecting these seeds manually? If I found favorite dual mono pattern, I'd like to select it without hassling of randamization.
Old 3rd November 2019
  #388
Gear Addict
 
Calagan's Avatar
 

Same.
By the way, strange stuff happen to the curves on dual mono. So if I understood good, it changes too the value of the curves, not only the L/R equivalences...
Old 3rd November 2019
  #389
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojei View Post
Thanks for the upsdate!
How many seeds are there for dual mono mode? Is there any chance to make posiible selecting these seeds manually? If I found favorite dual mono pattern, I'd like to select it without hassling of randamization.
Once you find a good one, save it as default preset (this defies the randomized seed by when loading the plugin. It then uses your preset instead).

right click preset bar for an advanced menu
Old 3rd November 2019
  #390
Gear Maniac
 

Love this eq, but using an Apple trackpad is a little difficulty .... sliding with two fingers makes the parameter chang too fast .... any suggestions?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump